The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Child Needs Equipment PLEASE HELP North East PA

We have a little girl at our facility who is desperate for riding equipment for showing. Her mother just can't afford to purchase her anything for show. My husband and I along with a few other boarders have pitched in and she now have breeches and a show shirt but having issues coming up with everything else. She could use anything you have. She's desperate for a decent helmet as the helmet she has is a troxel and it hurts her head. I got her paddocks but they are a tinge too big. If you have ANYTHING that you just don't want anymore she'd be incredibly appreciative. She's 11 yrs old and just a doll to be around.

Default post the sizes she needs

we'll all start looking thru the tack trunks.

I have some show jackets and possibly paddock boots what size? they are brand new from our tack shop that closed we are not opening a new one for a while I be happy to give them to her if they will fit

What size feet? I have brand new, Women's size 6.5, brown Ariat paddock boots sitting in my kitchen in the box right now. They were for my 10 year old son (he's between kids and men's sizes), but they are a bit too small for him.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

What size helmet? I have a velvet IRH thats only been worn a few times....
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

PM's were sent and thank you for your kindness already

Please post sizes! I can't afford for DD to ride right now, so I may as well make use of her closet full of show clothes, etc. If there is anything we have here that will help I'd be glad to send it. I know exactly what it is like to be that parent who cannot afford to keep the kid in the game. You want nothing more than to see your child be able to fit in and have fun in the show ring. I'm serious we have a lot of stuff that isn't going to be used this year I guess, so please let me know what you still need. I would love to be able to help out another child in need.
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

She is a 14 jods/breeches 2/3 boots if ANYONE has child high boots in a 2 with a regular calf...i went high boot shopping for her this weekend and came up with a pair that fit till we went to zip the calf....I'm working on a show helmet for her but if anyone has a spare that obviously is still in safe use she's a 6 1/2. She needs basically everything because the coat I bought her in fall she's already outgrown. I'm looking for a saddle for her and NO i'm not asking for someone to give her one but if anyone has recommendations on brands I'd appreciate it.

Okay, I will go through DD's stuff this weekend and see if we still have anything left that small. If we do, I will send it to you ASAP
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

What size jacket does she wear? We have 2 or 3 that DD has outgrown.
    "The captive bolt is not a proper tool for slaughter of equids they regain consciousness 30 seconds after being struck fully aware they are being vivisected." Dr Friedlander DVM & frmr Chief USDA Insp

Just wondering if anyone came up with anything? I got her jods =)

I have a couple of show jackets of different sizes that DD has outgrown. What size would she need?
    "The captive bolt is not a proper tool for slaughter of equids they regain consciousness 30 seconds after being struck fully aware they are being vivisected." Dr Friedlander DVM & frmr Chief USDA Insp