The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by acottongim View Post
    I do NOT do this crazy eventing thing - I have this strong phobia of jumping anymore, but for some reason most of my babies end up in eventing homes... so here are a few that I have bred and sold and I'm super excited about (esp the first two Tater Tots that are now going under saddle!!!!!!).
    I have had eventers threaten to steal Ellie from me, too. Something about the whole "nice moving athletes who are brave and can JUMP" thing!
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

Well she should jump... her pedigree says she will, and there aren't any Cory kids that don't jump so there ya go
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

1 members found this post helpful.

I have a 2011 model whoi is about to turn two next month. She's a mustang filly from the Jackie's Butte HMA in southeast Oregon. This litte girl is very sweet, loves attention, is curious, and one of the prettiest movers I've seen in a while. No pony stride here like my other mustang. She's about 14.2 hands now and I'm hoping she will mature to 15.1 or 2. Right now, not doing much of anything except working on ground manners and staying out of my space LOL. I plan to start her lightly late fall/winter and then not picking it up again until mid summer when she's well into her 3 year old year. My long range plan is for her to ultimately go training level but we'll see what she likes to do. Love her!
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

I'm not saying anything about goals or plans for my five year old homebred girl for this summer because my record when I have goals and plans usually ends up in some type of something that needs time off.

But I do have them, vague though they might be!
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by DLee View Post
    I'm not saying anything about goals or plans for my five year old homebred girl for this summer because my record when I have goals and plans usually ends up in some type of something that needs time off.

But I do have them, vague though they might be!
    OMG, me too! My life is full of broken plans with horses for one reason or another. I have given up!

I have a 2009 model Connemara-Arabian that I also purchased from a COTH member "goodpony". We have been through our collection of twists and turns, and I thank goodpony every day for her patience with me! Someday I will make her proud I hope. She is bred for eventing and dressage by goodpony's former stallion Eclipse and out of a Arabian mare who's full brother is a GP dressage horse. When she is relaxed she jumps like a Connemara, when she is tense she jumps like an Arabian, so even though she likes jumping and will jump anything, I am going very, very slow with her (now). She was briefly in training over the winter where they jumped her proving her ability, but making her a little anxious about it, so we are working on that this year with lots of groundwork and relaxing flatwork. She is very special, sweet, smart, sensitive and has an awful lot to teach me.

My only goal this year is to go to the West Coast Connemara show. She will be entered in the prospect division and will show under saddle if she is relaxed enough, if not she will do in-hand classes and just hang out.

Because I know now to not make plans

Here is one of my recent favorites of her.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalitud...7632347762355/

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Pony View Post
    Because I know now to not make plans

Here is one of my recent favorites of her.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalitud...7632347762355/
    Oh, how cute! I just love ponies, too bad I am on the too-tall-to-own-one list. My favorite pony ever was a cute little chestnut that I schooled through Training before selling. I recall one particular dressage test that involved me huffing and puffing and kicking like a kid with the leg the judge couldn't see....to the tune of a 72% and a tie for first place. He was a little homely to look at, but super fun.

Mtn trails, are you doing any events with your other horse this year? I know we'd talked about meeting up at NWEC, though I won't be there this year (again). Maybe later in the season if things start looking up for me financially and my TB ever puts on the weight he needs. We've been battling his weight ever since that abscess in the fall, I just cannot get him to gain much and with his size, he looks a bit like Skeletor right now. Not suitable for taking out in public.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Mine is actually six this year but she just came off the track last fall so she's not even six months into event training yet.

She won her intro level horse trial the other day on her dressage score and it's about time for her to go give BN a try at the schooling shows since thats what we're aiming for in the fall.
    Pics from the schooling show:
    Show jumping
    XC

Video from Jean Moyer dressage clinic.

We're showing her as Caribbean Soul but her JC name is Money Holder

I just love this horse. She's really straight forward, and while green and somewhat under exposed, she is very level headed. She's way more talent than I need though, and when Jean Moyer was here for the clinic, she suggested my trainer (who was riding her for the clinic) needed to hang on to her to be her competition horse. I got really lucky with this one.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

I've got a 5 year old who hasn't been out and about yet. He's probably the fanciest mover I've ever had. He is a yellow dun by the Oldenburg, Gatsby, out of a Connemara mare by Grange Finn Sparrow. Donovan stands 16.1. He's sweet, correct, talented and everything I've ever wanted. *sigh*

Not selling this one.ever. Now I need to get the time to get him out and about. I hope to compete him by the end of the summer, depending on my schedule for competing the other two....

Quote Originally Posted by ahbaumgardner View Post
    I've got a 5 year old who hasn't been out and about yet. He's probably the fanciest mover I've ever had. He is a yellow dun by the Oldenburg, Gatsby, out of a Connemara mare by Grange Finn Sparrow. Donovan stands 16.1. He's sweet, correct, talented and everything I've ever wanted. *sigh*

Not selling this one.ever. Now I need to get the time to get him out and about. I hope to compete him by the end of the summer, depending on my schedule for competing the other two....
    Wow my dream horse (although a little big! ). Any pictures of him?

I often dream about what I would I breed my Connemera-Arabian too, I think diluting the Arab part down to 25% and adding horse would make an unbeatable combination. But time is not on my side so it will never happen.

I often dream about what I would I breed my Connemera-Arabian too, I think diluting the Arab part down to 25% and adding horse would make an unbeatable combination. But time is not on my side so it will never happen.
    Ah, I don't breed either because I'm too old. I don't have any pics of Donovan except for what's on my Facebook page, Kirkwood Sporthorses. And yes, he's big... He seems much bigger than his actual height because he has this long neck set on high... I love him to pieces. He's all sweetness with a cute buck!

Ah, I don't breed either because I'm too old. I don't have any pics of Donovan except for what's on my Facebook page, Kirkwood Sporthorses. And yes, he's big... He seems much bigger than his actual height because he has this long neck set on high... I love him to pieces. He's all sweetness with a cute buck!

Hi Heinz, I'm not going to NWEC either this year or Aspen this spring. I'm leaning toward the Chehalis back to back in mid July and then the YRBHT 3 weeks later and then the Aspen fall HT. Other than that, I'll fill in with some derbies. Is NWEC having a fall HT?
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by ahbaumgardner View Post

Do you like the Gatsby cross? I DO NOT (underline underline) need another horse, but there is a pretty TB mare who came off the track and had a couple babies, her price is dropping because the breeder needs room and she could come with a breeding to him. I DO NOT (underline underline) need another horse, but she keeps catching my eye and had excellent movement in an inspection video with her first foal.

Well, I definitely have a greenie I can check in with! My Rory (Coronea Isle, ISH) is four this year and coming along! Starting to look less donkey-ish and more WBed, though that might just be because I can compare him to the infamous Odie . He's settling into work and we're with a trainer now who swears we will event, but we're really just taking our own sweet time. I've never had a WB before, so having a four year old who's big accomplishments of the day are w/t without brain farts seems wrong, but then again, I remember that he had a late start with everything (hello 2.5 year old who isn't halter broke...) and is super late maturing, and I remember that it's totally ok! I have no goals other than ending the year w/t/c and trotting ground poles, I figure if I have small goals I can't go wrong. Go out to some schooling shows possibly. Anyways, I think he's adorable (my DH too) and I can't go wrong with his personality...everyone loves him and compares him to a puppy, so it's not just me.

No goals with Odie, who is the same age. At least he's already jumping!
    Last edited by TheJenners; May. 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Typo
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Do you like the Gatsby cross? I DO NOT (underline underline) need another horse, but there is a pretty TB mare who came off the track and had a couple babies, her price is dropping because the breeder needs room and she could come with a breeding to him. I DO NOT (underline underline) need another horse, but she keeps catching my eye and had excellent movement in an inspection video with her first foal.
    Cue enabling.

TheJenners, this mare is my neighbor's. THE neighbor my baby came from, the grey one in the pictures in my OP. He's a product of her breeding program and that is ONE NICE MARE (as is DJ Whitney, the other mare she has for sale). Her baby is super fancy and the mare would make a fantastic mount all by herself. She has a great eye for mares - she posts here on the SH breeding forum, although not often and I think mostly lurks these days.

I'd love a baby by Gatsby out of that mare...sure to be FANCY!!

ETA: Mtn trails, as far as I'm aware NWEC is doing the fall gala. If my financial situation magically changes, I'd love to go...there is also a PC group that is hosting an unrecognized long format late in September that I was really hoping to go to, even if only at BN. Otherwise, I'm just schooling at home and (admittedly a little begrudgingly) cheering on friends from the stands.
    Last edited by Heinz 57; May. 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth Callahan View Post
    My 5 yr old OTTB that I bought to breed, just won her first BN schooling event this weekend, finishing on her dressage score of 28.6. Will do a couple more BN, then move up to novice.
    My 3 yr old by Mighty Magic out of my Intermediate mare is getting a refresher course in go,turn and stop. Hope to have him put hacking around later this summer. Very excited about him as well!
    whoot whoot!!
    Your Mighty Magic baby I bet is Mighty Nice!!
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Quote Originally Posted by netg View Post
    As you know I love him, too. I want a PC stallion to get approved Trakehner to breed to my filly someday...
    The gray TB I had for a while should have been a sport horse stallion. I should go to the new owners and ask for some DNA and clone him.
    What an amazing fellow. And super quiet. He would have been a wonderful stallion.
    He was an unreal sport horse too. He could have gone any direction.
    Stupid amazing is what he was.
    http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps77ec02dd.jpg

I don't think I went to one single show (event/hunter/dressage) where someone didn't approach me with THE QUESTION. The biggest boost was when Natalie Pollard approached me while I was in the the start box at Pine Top. That was pretty awesome.

Here was his PC (and other) breeding:
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/fast+forward
    bottom
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/marketing+mix
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

As for my kiddos.
    I have a very cute OTTB.
    Don't Jack with Me
    Raced Sept 2012. I bought him Oct 2012. He just turned 4. I think he's going to be a really nice guy. He is soooo sweet. Just a love bug. If I don't sell him as a show hunter he will make a kick butt YR horse. He has major balls. Great rhythm. No stop in him.

this was him last week.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggwj-...ature=youtu.be

And of course my 2012 Stinki babydoll.
    Swank Dezign. by Tzigane *Pb* and the TB broodie I bought, Swain Song.

The kid is amazing. Just like Taz babies. I used him hoping to get the brain of his other foals and I did. : )
    She has the maturity of a 6 year old.
    She turned 1 yesterday. Happy Birthday Stinki!!
    [her barn name is Stinki because she's stinkin awesome, not because she's a stinker. ]
    I'm DYING to get on her. But alas, one more year to wait before I get to at least jump on and hang out.

3 days
    http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...boom/3days.jpg
    3 weeks
    http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...yandSwanky.jpg
    3 months
    http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...om/3month1.jpg
    6 months
    http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...ottogether.jpg

She has learned that nose smooches are a way of Purp life and comes looking for them. lol.
    Last edited by purplnurpl; May. 2, 2013 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz 57 View Post
    Cue enabling.

TheJenners, this mare is my neighbor's. THE neighbor my baby came from, the grey one in the pictures in my OP. He's a product of her breeding program and that is ONE NICE MARE (as is DJ Whitney, the other mare she has for sale). Her baby is super fancy and the mare would make a fantastic mount all by herself. She has a great eye for mares - she posts here on the SH breeding forum, although not often and I think mostly lurks these days.

I'd love a baby by Gatsby out of that mare...sure to be FANCY!!
    Oh you are HORRIBLE!!!!

I was just convincing myself that she hasn't responded to the FB post because the mare was sold. Where in Oregon? We're heading down in a month for the Sisters Rodeo, and (don't tell neighbor!) we'll have our horse trailer because we're "camping" in the hotel room that is our LQ. My trainer and I both like this mare, and I was postulating that mare could "pay" for herself with the foal and then be a mature project.

Heinz...I'd love to PM you, but your box is full!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Oh you are HORRIBLE!!!!

I was just convincing myself that she hasn't responded to the FB post because the mare was sold. Where in Oregon? We're heading down in a month for the Sisters Rodeo, and (don't tell neighbor!) we'll have our horse trailer because we're "camping" in the hotel room that is our LQ. My trainer and I both like this mare, and I was postulating that mare could "pay" for herself with the foal and then be a mature project.
    Monmouth, essentially (which is not particularly near Sisters, at all, but not far out of the way if you go through Salem and take Hwy 22 east to Sisters). I know she is not all that active on facebook, although she could very well have a sale pending. I prefer the bay mare myself but since I have all of two pennies to rub together right now, I just ogle from the fenceline as I drive by every day and wait for the 2013 crop of foals to arrive with baited breath.

Feel free to buy her so I can do a broodmare lease on her in a few years .