The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Pilox by Pilot ?

Does anyone have any familiarity with the types of babies Pilox throws? Thanks for any insight!

I was researching him several months ago and couldn't find much information- I'm hopeful that someone will have some knowledge!

Me too pinkpony321! Oh and for anyone reading this I specifically want to know about the foals temperaments! I am looking for ammy friendly! :-)

He is now standing at Solomon Farm:
    http://www.solomonfarm.com/stallions/pilox.html

Horsetelex offspring results:
    http://www.horsetelex.nl/horses/progeny/197174

I bred a fun, easy to train, ammy friendly one but he was out of an ammy friendly ISH so I can't be sure how much Pilox contributed to temperment.

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks Lingkra and Titan! Titan, what did your Pilox end up doing, how old is he now?

Quote Originally Posted by RheinlandPfalzSaar View Post
    Thanks Lingkra and Titan! Titan, what did your Pilox end up doing, how old is he now?
    We have a 2012 GOV colt, Poet's Leap, by Pilox out of Galoubet A mare with a TB damline (5 x 5 Nasrullah). He is about 40% TB by pedigree, but he has sizable bone and body size. He is 11 months old right now, a gelding, and stands a shade under 15 H. Big mover, big athletic type, big personality. He looks to be a GP jumper prospect. A sophisticated amateur would have no trouble with him, but not for beginners as he is super smart and sizes up the humans for sure. We have had fun educating him to age appropriate skills as he is a quick study. He has his sire's coloring but with a attractive amount of white on his face and three half socks. International jumper Taloubet Z who won the 2011 WC Finals in show jumping is Galoubet A-Polydor (Pilot) and inspired this breeding for us.

I sold my 2006 gelding as a 4 yo to the vet who came to do a PPE on his 3 yo brother. Not sure what he is doing now but he was very easy to break and had very nice gates and great attitude.

One of the favorite horses at a barn was by Pilox. This horse was perfect and automatic every ride. He started his career eventing, ran Training Level but was a tad heavy to make speed x-country. Now same owner rides him in the jumpers. This horse could do the jr. jumpers. He's very willing and agreeable, while super athletic both on the flat and o/f

(Said horse, Pippo, looks exactly like him. Same face )

I was interested in him when he stood at Dreamscape farm. Jennifer said he does tend to throw on the heavier side so she wouldn't recommend breeding him to a heavier/older style mare.
    Specializing in Custom Warmblood Foals - www.premiumwarmbloods.com

Visit Our Facebook Page!