The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default ISO: eventing barn for boarding in Anne Arundel County, MD

This is my first post on here...I have seen some old threads that discuss this topic somewhat but just thought I would get the most up to date info from those of you familiar with the area.
    I have just bought a 5 yo OTTB who I would like to retrain for eventing. I am keeping him at a self-care barn in Lothian at the moment, but it is just too much for me to keep up with in conjunction with work and other commitments.
    I am looking for full-care facility in Anne Arundel County that also has a trainer who can help me with retraining. I live in Edgewater, so the closer to that area, the better. I am on a budget, but am willing to pay for the peace of mind of knowing that he's in good hands!
    Any info would be extremely helpful, thank you!

I know folks who've boarded at Glenwood Farm (www.glenwoodfarmeventing.com) and Baywood Farms (http://www.baywoodfarms.com/) which are both in Harwood, not too far from you
    ~Drafties Clique~Sprite's Mom~ASB-loving eventer~
    www.gianthorse.photoreflect.com ~ http://photobucket.com/albums/v692/tarheelmd07/

1 members found this post helpful.

I'd check out Stuart Pittman & Dodon Farm -its close to where you are and retraining OTTB are of special interest to him and he is a driving force currently in Maryland (and elsewhere) in finding new homes/jobs for retired/OTTBs

1 members found this post helpful.

Thank you, I know Glenwood is on a wait list, I used to board there about 10 years ago but Dad was paying the bills then! Will look into Baywood as well, such a beautiful facility!

We don't offer boarding at Dodon, though (Steuart has a few regular students who board here, but not many). I can check with a neighbor of ours who might have space. It's small - she's got a barn in her backyard, her own horse and a few others. Nice pastures and you can hack to Dodon for lessons. Let me know if you want me to check. I know for a fact that it's not expensive!

Edited to add:
    I'm fairly sure that Baywood has a waiting list. When I last talked to Sarah (our kids are at the same preschool) she said they were full.
    Not sure about availability at Glenwood, but Nina is great.
    Also nearby is Holiday Stables, but I think they might also be full. http://www.holidaystables.com/
    Erin
    Dodon Farm - Home of Salute The Truth, Thoroughbred Stallion and on Facebook
    The Retired Racehorse Training Project, a 501(c)3 Non profit organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Pittman View Post
    I can check with a neighbor of ours who might have space. It's small - she's got a barn in her backyard, her own horse and a few others. Nice pastures and you can hack to Dodon for lessons. Let me know if you want me to check. I know for a fact that it's not expensive!
    Thank you for the info! I am on Glenwood's waiting list currently, and Baywood is (sadly) too expensive for me. If you could check with your neighbor, that would be great, that sounds like it could be a great set-up for us! Thanks again!

I sent you a pm!
    Erin
    Dodon Farm - Home of Salute The Truth, Thoroughbred Stallion and on Facebook
    The Retired Racehorse Training Project, a 501(c)3 Non profit organization.

Not in Anne Arundel.. But Ami at olney farm is great !