The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by mountainbells View Post
    so, why did Mary King get E'd?
    Jumped/missed a corner. Her horse jumped too far to the outside and she continued on, but it was ruled that she'd missed the fence and was thus off course for jumping a subsequent fence.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if FEI TV will have the XC archived? I'd hate to think I just spent $30+ to watch a couple rounds before I had to go clean stalls again. I was thinking I would be able to rewind and watch it from the beginning when I had time to sit down? I can't find it, but I could be looking right at something and not seeing it. Thanks!

Her horse knocked the flag down on the right and the horses' shoulder was judged to have been outside of the flag. She went on for several more jumps while the stewards watched the replay, and then they were stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by dexhol View Post
    Does anyone know if FEI TV will have the XC archived? I'd hate to think I just spent $30+ to watch a couple rounds before I had to go clean stalls again. I was thinking I would be able to rewind and watch it from the beginning when I had time to sit down? I can't find it, but I could be looking right at something and not seeing it. Thanks!
    I'm interested in this too. I missed the entire cross country showings because of an unexpected circumstance (ARGH). I was going to cave in and get FEI TV to watch the replay of it but when I looked at the archive I didn't see anything.

If I remember correctly Burghley archives its videos, but there is no such thing for Badminton. Eventing Nation has some rounds up, but not the whole BBC broadcast. The BBC may replay highlights but they will not have VOD.

I don't know about FEI TV , haven't subscribed after the first rotten experience with them.

Quote Originally Posted by dexhol View Post
    Ooh, glad I didn't cough up to subscribe then. I thought Radio Badminton (from the app or website) was quite good for following things live. And free too! I will have to rely on the kindness of YouTube to watch any of the exciting parts.

I don't think FEI TV will have the live footage archived. I read a post on their Facebook page by someone having difficulty getting the live footage to stream. FEI TV responded "There will be an FEI TV highlights programme available at the end of the week." Looks like there's about 50 minutes of footage from Rolex on their site. Maybe they're gonna do something similar for Badminton?

For what it's worth, I think not posting the full live footage, immediately, is pretty stingy of them! Particularly considering the global viewing audience and time zones. I think Saturday's coverage started at 5:50 am for me. That would be 2:55 am for someone in California! I paid $35 so that I could watch Badminton, but I had to wake up earlier than I usually sleep in till on a weekend and block out the time. Neither were too big of a deal for me, but I know that's not the case for people with their own farms/kids/or work on the weekends. They very likely would have 3 times the paying audience if they provided archived footage, and stated it up front.