The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by DMK View Post
    since her groom didn't use a lead rope, it could have been before Kevin got back on her as well (was a bit of a gap in that tape between final part of podium and Beezie's final lap)
    If that's the case, I wonder if the groom will be using a lead shank from now on. That can't be a good feeling to see your horse that just finished third in the World Cuo Finals galloping loose around the ring, no matter how relaxed she looked!

I hope everybody involved was ok.

I was watching on the FEI feed, and the time Silvana got loose was when the top three had gotten down off the podium and were getting remounted to do the victory gallop. They didn't show it happen, but from the timing and what Silvana looked like equipment-wise, I'd say she got loose while the groom was giving Kevin Staut a leg up.

It was very noisy and spooky in there with the lights down, and her 'breakaway' wasn't a panicked one--she just kind of cantered slowly to the in-gate end, got caught, and returned to her groom. No crazed running or drama.

1 members found this post helpful.

No, she looked pretty calm. I have to say all three were well behaved for such a long and loud ceremony.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Sorge View Post
    I was watching on the FEI feed, and the time Silvana got loose was when the top three had gotten down off the podium and were getting remounted to do the victory gallop. They didn't show it happen, but from the timing and what Silvana looked like equipment-wise, I'd say she got loose while the groom was giving Kevin Staut a leg up.

Her saddle is crooked - so that sounds about right.

What kind of leathers are those? I've never seen anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
    This horse is lovely.

I think they should do away with the victory gallop. Or just keep the winner in. I don't see the sense in having horses in the ring "running" around with other horses that are probably more used to being in a show ring solo. Too many chances for injuries to horse or rider. I like the IDEA of the victory gallop, but the reality is so different. A lot of those horses do not look happy doing that. JMHO.
    I've had many a person tell me that often the awards ceremony is the most dangerous part of the whole show! I think they should each get a solo lap after they receive their award, then call it good! Any more celebrating can just as easily be done unmounted with the horses happily munching hay at home,
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Sorge View Post

It was very noisy and spooky in there with the lights down, and her 'breakaway' wasn't a panicked one--she just kind of cantered slowly to the in-gate end, got caught, and returned to her groom. No crazed running or drama.
    Good- I'm glad it was as no-drama as it could have been.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

What kind of stirrup leather is that? And I love how deep and comfy the saddle looks. So hard to see when a rider is cluttering up the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by JBD View Post
    What kind of stirrup leather is that? And I love how deep and comfy the saddle looks. So hard to see when a rider is cluttering up the picture.
    Those are a special type of safety stirrup called Freejump.
    Here's their website:
    http://en.freejumpsystem.com
    Over what hill? Where? When? I don\'t remember any hill....

www.freewebs.com/caballerizadelviso