The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    City of delusion in the state of total denial

Default COTH photo from the World Cup, Silvana making a break for ingate- how'd that happen?

Here's the link to the picture in question.

Did anyone watching FEI TV see how this came about?

I guess she didn't like her ribbon much.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

I no longer subscribe to FEI tv , too many disappointments, and to pay for them?

Sorry, just had to say what a lovely horse!

Back in the day, IIRC, some international stars chose to ride another for ribbon or medal presentations when thet either did not want to bring them back out or knew they would not stand for such foolishness. And I have seen a pretty big name rider get dumped picking up a GP ribbon and cooler so perhaps there is some sense to that.

Seems Silvana is reminding one and all she was DONE when she went thru the timers I think we can forgive the great ones their eccentricities.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

5 members found this post helpful.

Eh. Stuff happens with horses. If she absolutely had to misbehave in the ring, she picked the best time all week to do it. At least this one cooperated when it counted!

6 members found this post helpful.

I dropped it because I couldn't view it on my iPad...

She looks very casual about her departure in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    I no longer subscribe to FEI tv , too many disappointments, and to pay for them?

Sorry, just had to say what a lovely horse!

1 members found this post helpful.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    Eh. Stuff happens with horses. If she absolutely had to misbehave in the ring, she picked the best time all week to do it. At least this one cooperated when it counted!
    For sure. Lovely mare.

I am hoping that she spared her rider the indignity of having been bucked off after coming third, and instead broke away from a handler while he was on the podium. I don't know much about how presentations at an event like that work.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    For sure. Lovely mare.

I am hoping that she spared her rider the indignity of having been bucked off after coming third, and instead broke away from a handler while he was on the podium. I don't know much about how presentations at an event like that work.
    The fact that there is no lead shank on her and the stirrups are down would make me think either he was on, or getting on/off. Otherwise I would expect the stirrups to be run up during the awards. But that's just a guess.

Once in a while somebody does get dumped during a victory gallop. Just one more way horses love to keep us humble.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by findeight View Post
    Back in the day, IIRC, some international stars chose to ride another for ribbon or medal presentations when thet either did not want to bring them back out or knew they would not stand for such foolishness.
    I remember Rich Fellers did this at Spruce and rode Mika for the awards ceremony instead of bringing Flexible back out.

Also, anyone know anything about those stirrup leathers? I'm curious because I can see a metal ring and then the leathers look like they are in two parts. I've never seen that before.
    Currently blogging for Chronicle of the Horse. Articles can be found here: http://www.chronofhorse.com/category...ryan-lefkowitz

I subscribe but I stopped watching before the ceremony.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Quote Originally Posted by tyedyecommando View Post
    I dropped it because I couldn't view it on my iPad...

She looks very casual about her departure in the picture.
    If you down load the free app you can view FEI TV on your iPad.
    Justice will only be achieved when those who are not injured by crime feel as indignant as those who are. - King Soloman (970-928 B.C.)

Hmm I made it through most of the ribbons...and the top three standing on the podium...so this must have been after that, once they remounted and did the actual victory gallop, but can't say for sure.

Here's the link to the picture in question.

Did anyone watching FEI TV see how this came about?

I guess she didn't like her ribbon much.
    Looks like the Breyer Cantering Welsh Pony in white! Seriously.
    The truth is always in the middle.

I think the keyword here is mare...

"I did good. I am done. I am going home. With or without you."
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

22 members found this post helpful.

Kudos to whoever managed to snap that picture with the ribbon in mid-flutter!
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

4 members found this post helpful.

For sure. Lovely mare.

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    The fact that there is no lead shank on her and the stirrups are down would make me think either he was on, or getting on/off. Otherwise I would expect the stirrups to be run up during the awards. But that's just a guess.

Once in a while somebody does get dumped during a victory gallop. Just one more way horses love to keep us humble.
    I agree with this...particularly because of the faces made by those in the stands. I'm not sure they would be as dramatic if it was a breakaway from someone already on the ground.

This horse is lovely.

I think they should do away with the victory gallop. Or just keep the winner in. I don't see the sense in having horses in the ring "running" around with other horses that are probably more used to being in a show ring solo. Too many chances for injuries to horse or rider. I like the IDEA of the victory gallop, but the reality is so different. A lot of those horses do not look happy doing that. JMHO.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

3 members found this post helpful.

Great picture. She has THE most casual expression on her face - like she is out for a Sunday canter in the park. I am now also curious as to what happened! Hope rider is okay.
    Triple J Ranch Sporthorses
    www.triplejsporthorse.com
    Member - OMGiH I LOFF my mare(s) clique

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by inca View Post
    Great picture. She has THE most casual expression on her face - like she is out for a Sunday canter in the park.
    Yes. So contrasting to the look that the spectators have.

It was a LONG and LOUD ceremony. They don't show a fall here, but I'm wondering if it happened after the awards podium and during or before the final victory gallop. What a fun crowd, though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_gLLKVhJd0

She was actually quite calm for most of it. She started getting a little jazzed during the anthems when the flags were going up. And there were two "honor guard" type riders in the dark corner on greys (Andaulsian/Lippizan?). But I bet it happened before that final lap. LOUD crowd.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

since her groom didn't use a lead rope, it could have been before Kevin got back on her as well (was a bit of a gap in that tape between final part of podium and Beezie's final lap)
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.