The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Shires shipping boots? Or what?

I am looking to buy shipping boots and have a couple different wants.. I don't want them to be super stiff and bulky, I would prefer a few larger velcro tabs over a bunch of smaller velcro straps and i would prefer they didn't cost a fortune.

I was looking at the Shires boots on line. I haven't seen them in person, but have a really nice sheet from them so thought those might be nice - does anyone have those?

I would prefer if the thread did not turn into a discussion about boots - vs - wraps - vs - nothing... Just want to ask about boots - Thanks!

I like the Amigo ones. Plus, cool colors!

1 members found this post helpful.

I haven't seen the Shires ones either. I have the Dover Pro ones (have had them for years) and really like them.

I actually think that the stiffer ones stay up better. I worked for someone who had Weatherbeeta ones that seemed really nice but they sort of wrinkled and slid down. Also if you use shavings in your trailer, you definitely do not want fleece lining.

1 members found this post helpful.

I second that the stiffer the boot, the better it'll stay up. You do not want your shipping boots to slide mid-trip.

I have the Dover Pro boots (have used same brand for years) and highly recommend them.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.