The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Super cute! Love the name Stanley!

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    Super cute! Love the name Stanley!
    Fat Stanley?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

1 members found this post helpful.

Ummm... okay. If you name him Squeaky he is destined to be ginormous. I have a Squeaky. She is the size of a small camper.

Does he have a crumple ear or is part missing? A crumple ear means he probably had an aural hematoma, but is he's ear tipped he might have been a feral at some point.

It looks like a hematoma. I have not inspected it too much, I am still building trust, but he does not seem to mind me petting over it. And there was no write up of it in his paper work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth0552 View Post
    Ummm... okay. If you name him Squeaky he is destined to be ginormous. I have a Squeaky. She is the size of a small camper.

Does he have a crumple ear or is part missing? A crumple ear means he probably had an aural hematoma, but is he's ear tipped he might have been a feral at some point.

Yay - so glad you went and got him! He is very handsome/beautiful.

Best wishes for many, many happy years together.

Oh, and I like the name Stanley too (as has already been suggested). He just looks like a Stanley!

VERRA handsome meezer!! Shogun?
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

I am going to let him pick between Stanley and Gus. He likes the Uss-y sound in Gus and the Sst sound of Stanley.

Thanks for all the enabling. I had posted the OP and by the time I put my shoes on and pulled the carrier out of the storage closet, SA and Alagirl gave me the little push I needed. Tristan introduced himself to new kitty last night and all is well between them. New Kitty just needs to figure out that life out from under the bed is wonderful!

2 members found this post helpful.

Stussy? Congrats on your new overlord.

StG

My first name thought was "Salami." But I really like "Snuggleupwithgus" with a nick name of "Gus" or "Snugs".
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Snuggleupwithgus it is! He just came out from under the bed with his purring machine on full tilt and plopped his 23 lbs in my lap.

He likes the name Gusgus, but will have the full name Snuggleupwithgus. Many thanks to the poster who suggested snuggleupagus!

I will post more pictures as he trims down and keep everyone in the loop of his weight loss journey!

3 members found this post helpful.

23 lbs for 20 bucks?

That sounds like a good deal to me. I'm going to start at thread about the per pound price of cats.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Quote Originally Posted by MunchingonHay View Post
    I am going to let him pick between Stanley and Gus. He likes the Uss-y sound in Gus and the Sst sound of Stanley.

Thanks for all the enabling. I had posted the OP and by the time I put my shoes on and pulled the carrier out of the storage closet, SA and Alagirl gave me the little push I needed. Tristan introduced himself to new kitty last night and all is well between them. New Kitty just needs to figure out that life out from under the bed is wonderful!

I am glad I was of help ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.