The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Iron On Applique on Baby Pads?

Has anyone done this? Would be cheaper than embroidery plus can do a bunch of different ones. Just wondering how it would hold up to repeated use and laundering.

Was thinking of doing these for gifts for my barn mates. Maybe I should try 1 for myself now and can use it and wash it a bunch before the holidays and see how it holds up!
    Triple J Ranch Sporthorses
    www.triplejsporthorse.com
    Member - OMGiH I LOFF my mare(s) clique

I did an iron-on crystal "K" on a square pad (not baby) for DD a few years ago for Christmas and it's still going after many washes. I think I found it at Hobby Lobby.
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

I guess it depends on the glue, I did one and followed all the laundering instructions... second washing and the applique came right off. It really isn't that hard to stitch it on if you have the right color thread though.

I found a bunch of neat iron on patches on Amazon.

I started thinking about this because several barn mates have done iron on patches on their show collars and I did 2 today. (They turned out cute and I still have a plain collar for each shirt to wear at A shows.) And I have the cutest pink baby pad with a monkey embroidered on it that everyone covets. Thought doing baby pads for everyone for Christmas would be a cool idea. Think I will definitely do one for myself and see how it works.
    Triple J Ranch Sporthorses
    www.triplejsporthorse.com
    Member - OMGiH I LOFF my mare(s) clique

to be sure they stay put, sew them on.
    if you don't have a sewing machine, I am sure the local alteration place can pop them on you for pittance! a buck or so should cover the cost, maybe a bit more since it's a bit heavier duty than a scout shirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

I usually sew them on by hand with clear plastic thread. I got some letter/ initial patches at Walmart and did all my dress sheets/ coolers, too. Not quite as pretty as monogramming but it looks nice and keeps things from walking off.

Yes they work, but they will stay better if you sew them on. I make a variety of embellished saddle pads and sell them on etsy. Just make sure you double check the size of your applique before ordering... a time or two I've not read the description close enough and ended up with tiny appliques.

Amazon does have a some cute ones! And you can order customized appliques on etsy too!
    Foaling Around www.facebook.com/foalingaround
    Custom Equestrian Items and Bath Products