The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Rancho Murietta, CA Show Grounds

Can anyone give me a bit more info on the show grounds at Rancho Murieta, CA? I am going there for a show in June and I think I remember reading that there were showers/facilities on the grounds. Due to the extreme cost of going there (I live in PA!) I am considering not getting a hotel and staying in the tack room of my trailer, but only if there are showers and they are generally in good condition.

Any insight would be helpful! Thanks in advance

The showers next to the RV area (near barn 1) are very nice for showers at a show ground. It isn't the ritz, but my husband showers in there because the shower in our camper is quite small.

Consider bringing a bike as things are spread out plus there is a little shopping plaza a block away with restaurants and a grocery store.

The one thing I should mention is that The Sacramento area can be very hot in the summer. June shouldn't be too bad, but July andAug are HOT.

2 members found this post helpful.

It is already HOT here in Nor Cal. Just showed at MEC last weekend and actually used the shower there. Definiely bring flip flops to wear in the shower, and the shower was luke warm (late afternoon), I needed to shower before the wine tasting party. The RV spaces and camping area has really improved, actually the whole facility has really improved - goregous place with awesome footing in all of the arenas. But it is HOT, 90ยบ+ last weekend and it could be in the triple digits by June.

1 members found this post helpful.

Gorgeous show grounds! As already mentioned, there are showers. And a nice little snack bar with better-then-average horse show food (the people that run it also run a small restaurant in Ione that is quite popular). And just around the corner, a small shopping center with a grocery store (with deli), a Mexican restaurant, a nice grill, a Chinese restaurant, a coffee shop, and a hardware store.

Weather is iffy in the central valley - our normal June weather is high 80s/low 90s, but we can have heat waves into the low 100s. It is a dry heat, but hot none-the-less.

There are several covered arenas (at least 4 - they seem to sprout new ones every time I visit!), so you won't have to ride in the heat. And there are lots of nice, shaded areas for handgrazing the horses. I love the showgrounds - much nicer then most. The footing tends to be quite good too! ANd parking is safe and plentiful.

1 members found this post helpful.