The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Daytona, Volusia County, Florida folks, boarding options?

Hubby has job interview in Daytona. Starting to look around at possible boarding options for my TB mare. Looking for facility with lots of turnout, 24 hour with run in shed would work just fine. My 15 year old daughter rides also and shows on C circuit 3 to 4 times a year, but doesn't have a horse right now, so access to a lesson horse would be great. Just sold her pony.

We have no idea where to live, I am open to anywhere in Volusia county. DD is starting high school in August, so this would be a consideration.

Any suggestions for barns, lesson programs or private farms would be great! Are there any equestrian groups on facebook I should be looking at? Just thought I would begin to see what kind horsey community is in Volusia county. Thanks for your suggestions!
    Friend of bar.ka

My herd: Ellie-ottb hunter & Hope, appy pony and babysitter extraordinaire.

PM'd you.

My brother leased a horse boarded at Daytona Beach Equestrian Center when he was at ERAU. Big pastures (which was fun when the horse he leased decided to play dead when he saw you coming--"Nope. Can't work today. I'm dead. Come back tomorrow.")

http://www.demaraz.com/Welcome.html

I have a friend that rides at J&B training center. I don't know anything about the care but she likes the trainer a lot.

I am currently living in Daytona Beach with all of my performance horses (primarily jumpers) and board them at Sylver Lakes Farm (located down the road from Silver Sands Bridle Club).

They have great turnout (groups and individual), two cross country courses, two jumping courses a dressage ring with mirrors as well as instruction (Hunter, Jumper and young horse starting and development) as well as horses available for lessons.

They don't have a website (they market through word of mouth with limited boarding openings), but if you'd like to email me (m.sakurahillfarm@gmail.com) about them I'd be happy to tell you more about them and what they offer.
    Ryu Equestrian & Facebook Page
    Sakura Hill Farm & Facebook Page
    Boarding, Training, Consignment Sales & Breeding
    Osteen & Gainesville, Florida.

1 members found this post helpful.