The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Ads taking over??

Problem is 2 fold: Are the ads to the right encroaching yet even more on the forum space? When I go to send a PM the ads are "on top of" my writing field and there's no way to reduce them....what's going on??

The ads haven't changed in size, but there are some cases where there is a glitch with some browsers/settings. Could you please try clicking the compatibility view icon, which looks like a piece of paper torn in half, up by the URL field where our web address appears?

Please let me know if that helps. Sorry for the trouble ~
    Mod 1

Thanks so much, that worked!!!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator 1 View Post
    The ads haven't changed in size, but there are some cases where there is a glitch with some browsers/settings. Could you please try clicking the compatibility view icon, which looks like a piece of paper torn in half, up by the URL field where our web address appears?

Please let me know if that helps. Sorry for the trouble ~
    Mod 1
    Is there an option for this for smartphones? Sometimes the ads creep onto the posts and words are covered by the ad.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingArabian View Post
    Is there an option for this for smartphones? Sometimes the ads creep onto the posts and words are covered by the ad.
    What phone are you using? I'll look into it!
    Thanks,
    Mod 1

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator 1 View Post
    What phone are you using? I'll look into it!
    Thanks,
    Mod 1
    iPhone 5. It's not all ads, but some seem to creep over the edge and cover up to a few words at the end of the sentences.

I've got some screenshots but I can't figure out how to post them from my phone. I will try tonight from my pc.

I just had this happen. I'm reading a forum, not problem. I posted a reply the the right hand ads spread out into about 1/3 of the filed of threads....like covering up the "Quick Navigation" links.

This happened in the Dressage forum, but apparently not in Help Forum, when I posted this.

When I quit browser (Safari), restart browser and no problem, ads stay in their place.
    Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress.
    Alfred A. Montapert

gothedistance is offline AERC Decade Team - 2000-2010 Premium Member

Mods -

I'm a paid subscriber to the forums.

Most of the time (as in 99%) I read the forums on my Android tablet. No problem there. The formatting is (almost) perfect.

However, when I try to read the forums on my laptop, the ads are superimposed over about 1/3 the forum table on the right side, making it impossible to read the posts.

Would greatly appreciate it if you could look into this and have your website designer change the locale of the ads so that they don't overlap and obscure the forum posting table.

Thanks.