The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Skin Cancer Spinoff: Riding Helmet Visors?

I'm looking into getting a riding helmet visor because my family is so susceptible to skin cancer. The Soless looks nice because it's clear but still protective; what others are out there?
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

1 members found this post helpful.

Salamander Helmet visor: http://www.ridingwarehouse.com/Salam...page-SBHV.html
    Comes in many different colors. I have one and like it alot. It is easily removable too so you don't have to have it all the time or you can switch it for different colors.
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my husband is going to try to sell all my horses and tack for what I told him they cost."

The soless looks like it could work on a horse (for those with uv issues). Sew it a bumper halter and they'd have 360 visibility. They'd probably break it too quickly though.

I use an Equivisor. It looks a bit like a sun bonnet, but I love the shade it throws.

You can make your own very cheaply -- thin, flexible craft type foam can be cut to shape and attached with sticky velcro tabs. Works great, you can make any colour you want, decorate, design, however you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Chall View Post
    The soless looks like it could work on a horse (for those with uv issues). Sew it a bumper halter and they'd have 360 visibility. They'd probably break it too quickly though.
    /snicker. My horse doesn't need this

Anyway, the reason I liked the soless is that it's clear. I already feel like my vision is blocked just by the teeny visor on my helmet....
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

Default Soless Visor

Quote Originally Posted by Chall View Post
    I've had my Soless visor for over 2 years and it's still in great shape. I agree that the transparency is a plus and it stays ON!!