The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Appaloosa Pony Broodmare for Free Lease in Florida~ Retired dressage competitor 8 yrs

I have an 8 year old, 14.2H Appaloosa pony mare available for free lease in Florida. She had to be retired from her dressage career (at which she EXCELLED) unexpectedly due to an injury. She is sound enough to trail ride, but not compete. She had a foal last year, and he is an absolute joy. She is extremely level-headed and sensible. Not at all spooky, and she was nicely forward. Excellent work ethic. She carried the baby full term and had a super easy delivery. She is an excellent mother, and the weaning process was very easy, as well. This is truly a wonderful mare, and I would love for her to have a job. She could be used for breeding or embryo transfer. References required.

Default Mare

Quote Originally Posted by carissa View Post
    I have an 8 year old, 14.2H Appaloosa pony mare available for free lease in Florida. She had to be retired from her dressage career (at which she EXCELLED) unexpectedly due to an injury. She is sound enough to trail ride, but not compete. She had a foal last year, and he is an absolute joy. She is extremely level-headed and sensible. Not at all spooky, and she was nicely forward. Excellent work ethic. She carried the baby full term and had a super easy delivery. She is an excellent mother, and the weaning process was very easy, as well. This is truly a wonderful mare, and I would love for her to have a job. She could be used for breeding or embryo transfer. References required.
    Are you still looking for someplace for your mare? What has she done? Thanks!!

1 members found this post helpful.

Hi! Yes, I am still looking for a place for her. She has been shown through training level, and schooled on many of the first level movements, but unfortunately we never got to actually show at 1st because of her injury . She has done some jumping, and been trail ridden extensively. I rode her all the time next to the road and she never even batted an eye at the cars. She has lived by herself, and she is not at all herd bound. She has had the one foal, and both of them have the BEST brains of any horses I have ever had. She is a super mom. I was going to breed her again, but it just isn't going to work out for me to do that financially and logistically. I really would like to find her someplace to go where she could be useful to someone

Pictures?

Hey, I'm in Florida, Wesley Chapel, and I am looking for a trial partner. How is she with children. We have two who are well versed in respecting space but does she tolerate them. I would do light ring riding and a lot of trial and outdoor stuff with her. Pics or a pM would be good.

1 members found this post helpful.

Sent you a pm, Ponypoor!