The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone know what this is?

A friend's father liked to restore old horse drawn vehicles. He recently passed away, leaving behind this:

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/losha...40f59.jpg.html

They are not horsey in the slightest and have no idea what it is or what to do with it. I thought it looked like an old sulky, but since I don't drive I couldn't really tell them for sure.

Thoughts?
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

the seat looks like what we called a Jog Cart, but the large wheels are usually for roads or outside of the ring . Very desirable, should be easy to sell in the right market.

Google: Breaking Cart, same as Jog Cart but bigger wheels for stability. The main use is training horses to pull a cart.
    Last edited by csaper58; Apr. 27, 2013 at 01:40 AM. Reason: new info

2 members found this post helpful.

The snazzy paint job makes me think it was used for showing.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Looks like an antique road cart to me.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Quote Originally Posted by War Admiral View Post
    Looks like an antique road cart to me.
    I think road cart also. Where is it located? Is it for sale?

Thanks, very helpful information.

As far as I know, it wasn't used for showing. Her dad didn't have horses that I know of. This was the last one he finished before he died.
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

stud cart?

its positively lovely btw, very much my taste in carts.
    Worry is the biggest enemy of the present. It steals your joy and keeps you very busy doing absolutely nothing at all... it’s like using your imagination to create things you don’t want.

1 members found this post helpful.