The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb. 11, 2007
    Location
    Misplaced Californian
    Posts
    456

    Default Marilyn Little's shadbelly at Rolex?

    Does anyone know the brand/model of Marilyn Little's shadbelly? I thought it was really interesting with flattering, modern-looking, clean lines but retaining more of a nod to tradition than some newer shadbellies (like Steffen Peters' zipper shadbelly). I didn't recognize who made it though. I think it would have looked better without the bling, but that's a matter of individual taste.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan. 6, 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    Its an Alessandro Albanese. I saw her wear it at Red Hills and I looked it up then.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec. 19, 2012
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Can someone post a pic of it?



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug. 19, 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    306


    1 members found this post helpful.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May. 23, 2006
    Posts
    5,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vagabondrider View Post
    I think it would have looked better without the bling, but that's a matter of individual taste.
    "Bling is for rappers...enough said"
    ....Stephen Clarke O-Judge


    Oh yes Stephen, I do so agree!!!



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep. 13, 2000
    Location
    Greenville, MI,
    Posts
    11,811

    Default

    I thought it looked gorgeous, not tacky but classy. One of the nicer ones I have ever seen.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct. 14, 2012
    Posts
    112

    Default

    I can't tell what the 'bling' is, looks like silver piping in tge pic? Or is it crystals?



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov. 16, 2000
    Location
    Concord, NH
    Posts
    4,907

    Default

    I heard Stephen Clarke last fall at the NEDA symposium and both he and Ashley Holzer emphasized repeatedly (like every horse in the demo) that unless your horse is anything but dead straight on the centerline, bling will accentuate any issues you are having. It's bad enough, they said, if the blaze is crooked or the star is offset, but you can't do anything about how the horse was born.

    They were not fans of the beaded or otherwise decorated browbands and they didn't even like the more traditional white padded bridles.

    So go ahead and bling it on if you want, but bear in mind the judge may see "hey. look at me tilting my head!"


    2 members found this post helpful.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb. 11, 2007
    Location
    Misplaced Californian
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLeventer View Post
    Its an Alessandro Albanese. I saw her wear it at Red Hills and I looked it up then.
    Thanks! Where did you look it up? I went to the Alessandro Albanese website & only found short coats- I couldn't find any of their shadbellies on it.



  10. #10
    Join Date
    May. 23, 2006
    Posts
    5,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    I heard Stephen Clarke last fall at the NEDA symposium and both he and Ashley Holzer emphasized repeatedly (like every horse in the demo) that unless your horse is anything but dead straight on the centerline, bling will accentuate any issues you are having. It's bad enough, they said, if the blaze is crooked or the star is offset, but you can't do anything about how the horse was born.

    They were not fans of the beaded or otherwise decorated browbands and they didn't even like the more traditional white padded bridles.

    So go ahead and bling it on if you want, but bear in mind the judge may see "hey. look at me tilting my head!"


    Yep!



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan. 6, 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vagabondrider View Post
    Thanks! Where did you look it up? I went to the Alessandro Albanese website & only found short coats- I couldn't find any of their shadbellies on it.
    The logo is on her right on her chest. She is sponsered by them as well. I couldn't find a shad on thier site, but they do custom work.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.




  12. #12
    Join Date
    May. 15, 2001
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    2,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    I heard Stephen Clarke last fall at the NEDA symposium and both he and Ashley Holzer emphasized repeatedly (like every horse in the demo) that unless your horse is anything but dead straight on the centerline, bling will accentuate any issues you are having. It's bad enough, they said, if the blaze is crooked or the star is offset, but you can't do anything about how the horse was born.

    They were not fans of the beaded or otherwise decorated browbands and they didn't even like the more traditional white padded bridles.

    So go ahead and bling it on if you want, but bear in mind the judge may see "hey. look at me tilting my head!"
    I wonder what the judges at Del Mar National were thinking then, lol. I have never seen so much bling in my life! Brow bands, helmets AND matching blingy trim on the jackets. We were getting quite dazzled watching the warmup area.

    Seriously, If I were a judge, I would find it incredibly distracting.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May. 23, 2006
    Posts
    5,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akrogirl View Post
    I wonder what the judges at Del Mar National were thinking then, lol. I have never seen so much bling in my life! Brow bands, helmets AND matching blingy trim on the jackets. We were getting quite dazzled watching the warmup area.

    Seriously, If I were a judge, I would find it incredibly distracting.

    Well it is Southern CA...and all that that means.


    1 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: Aug. 11, 2012, 12:04 AM
  2. Replies: 79
    Last Post: Sep. 4, 2011, 01:15 PM
  3. Marilyn Jean Jones
    By lorik in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Oct. 19, 2010, 07:25 AM
  4. Gentry Creek Farm, Marilyn Mitchell?
    By cuatx67 in forum Off Course
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep. 27, 2009, 07:44 PM
  5. Dressage Shadbelly v Hunter Shadbelly
    By Gry2Yng in forum Eventing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jun. 29, 2009, 07:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •