The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Marilyn Little's shadbelly at Rolex?

Does anyone know the brand/model of Marilyn Little's shadbelly? I thought it was really interesting with flattering, modern-looking, clean lines but retaining more of a nod to tradition than some newer shadbellies (like Steffen Peters' zipper shadbelly). I didn't recognize who made it though. I think it would have looked better without the bling, but that's a matter of individual taste.

Its an Alessandro Albanese. I saw her wear it at Red Hills and I looked it up then.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

Can someone post a pic of it?

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabondrider View Post
    I think it would have looked better without the bling, but that's a matter of individual taste.
    "Bling is for rappers...enough said"
    ....Stephen Clarke O-Judge

Oh yes Stephen, I do so agree!!!

I thought it looked gorgeous, not tacky but classy. One of the nicer ones I have ever seen.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

I can't tell what the 'bling' is, looks like silver piping in tge pic? Or is it crystals?

I heard Stephen Clarke last fall at the NEDA symposium and both he and Ashley Holzer emphasized repeatedly (like every horse in the demo) that unless your horse is anything but dead straight on the centerline, bling will accentuate any issues you are having. It's bad enough, they said, if the blaze is crooked or the star is offset, but you can't do anything about how the horse was born.

They were not fans of the beaded or otherwise decorated browbands and they didn't even like the more traditional white padded bridles.

So go ahead and bling it on if you want, but bear in mind the judge may see "hey. look at me tilting my head!"

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeventer View Post
    Its an Alessandro Albanese. I saw her wear it at Red Hills and I looked it up then.
    Thanks! Where did you look it up? I went to the Alessandro Albanese website & only found short coats- I couldn't find any of their shadbellies on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    I heard Stephen Clarke last fall at the NEDA symposium and both he and Ashley Holzer emphasized repeatedly (like every horse in the demo) that unless your horse is anything but dead straight on the centerline, bling will accentuate any issues you are having. It's bad enough, they said, if the blaze is crooked or the star is offset, but you can't do anything about how the horse was born.

They were not fans of the beaded or otherwise decorated browbands and they didn't even like the more traditional white padded bridles.

So go ahead and bling it on if you want, but bear in mind the judge may see "hey. look at me tilting my head!"

Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by vagabondrider View Post
    Thanks! Where did you look it up? I went to the Alessandro Albanese website & only found short coats- I couldn't find any of their shadbellies on it.
    The logo is on her right on her chest. She is sponsered by them as well. I couldn't find a shad on thier site, but they do custom work.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post

I wonder what the judges at Del Mar National were thinking then, lol. I have never seen so much bling in my life! Brow bands, helmets AND matching blingy trim on the jackets. We were getting quite dazzled watching the warmup area.

Seriously, If I were a judge, I would find it incredibly distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by akrogirl View Post
    I wonder what the judges at Del Mar National were thinking then, lol. I have never seen so much bling in my life! Brow bands, helmets AND matching blingy trim on the jackets. We were getting quite dazzled watching the warmup area.

Seriously, If I were a judge, I would find it incredibly distracting.

Well it is Southern CA...and all that that means.