The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Collegiate Sorrento Saddle? And saddles under $700?

I was looking into getting a new saddle and I was looking into the collegiate Sorrento saddle. I like the look of it but I can't find any reviews about it. Anyone ride in one and know if its comfortable or not? I'm also trying to look for a new saddle that's under $700 (my budget is low because I'm a working college student and cant afford much else lol) if anyone knows of any for sale that are decent, used or new. Thanks!

The Collegiate Sorrento isn't made anymore... but you may be able to find it at clearance price. Just "ok" in the comfort department. Pretty flat.

Take a look at the Tekna synthetic line. They're nice looking - very leather-like - and comfortable.
    Athletic Horses. Educated Riders.
    www.Ride-With-Confidence.com

If your budget is only $700; get a used saddle. You'll be able to get much better quality that way, than if you bought a new one.

Goodluck
    Watermark aka "Cleo" - 5 year old Warmblood cross
    Foxtrot aka "Raven" - 5 year old Hanoverian
    Simon Says aka "Sprout" - 4 year old Welsh pony
    Canadian Eh

I found the Sorrento for $400 ($70 shipping ack) on eBay. And it looks basically brand new. I already have a pretty good collegiate saddle but I've had it for the past 5-6 years and looking for something newer. If I really did find something a little bit pricier ($1,000) my dad would be willing to chip in money after I sold my old saddle. Just wanted to see if anyone has tried the Sorrento and loved it. Might have to go check my local tack store and see if they have anything decent lol

I'm a little late, but I own a Sorrento and do absolutely love it! It is very soft and comfortable, with covered Italian leather. It feels like sitting on a comfy couch. The seat is a bit deeper than most close contact saddles, and is super grippy. The quality is much higher than the price would indicate. I have had it over a year, riding 3-5 times a week, and it looks the same as the day I got it (I condition it about every other week). I'm sure you've gotten a new saddle by now, but if you come across another Sorrento for sale, I highly recommend you try it out.