The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Who wants a full brother to Ghostzapper?

http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sal...d-2845202.html

That would be a pretty awesome bloodline brag:-)
    OTTB CONNECT
    FB group for all things related to non racing Thoroughbreds.. Click here to join ~~~> OTTB CONNECT

The ad is interesting for what it doesn't say. For one thing, why is patience required? I'm assuming (maybe incorrectly) that he's healing from an injury?

Ad states that he "just retired last year from Thoroughbred training". Ok, I'll bite. What is Thoroughbred training?

FWIW, the horse's last race was 28 months ago: on 1/1/11, and he's now 7 years old. The chances of him having been in race training last year seem pretty remote.

My take was perhaps a temperament issue.
    Granted there is no good conformation shot,his neck is a liitle wonky and perhaps he has other flaws, but if he doesn't, with his breeding it's interesting that he's been gelded.

Reading between the lines he might be a horse with a complicated past or has not had the best training somewhere along the line? Who knows where his has been and what circumstances? Or he might just be a handful. Fingers crossed he lands in a good spot with the right owner to help him. Thanks for posting - maybe there is a COTH angel in the wings.

With only seven starts and barely ten thousand in earnings, I'm not surprised he's gelded. He might be Ghostzapper's full brother but he's clearly not Ghostzapper.

What's with the rope halter? And "intelligent and willing to learn" with "needs patience" could just mean "energy + smart = tricky to work with." I wonder if he was in training last year in the hopes (with that pedigree) that third season's the charm but just wasn't showing anything.

He was at a training center when the photos were taken, you can see a training track in the background. With that pedigree, someone could have felt it was worth a shot at getting him back to the races.
    Last edited by ejm; Apr. 26, 2013 at 09:50 PM. Reason: typo

99% sure that's Adena's aftercare program. The training thing? I don't know, maybe they tried to bring him back, but then pulled the plug.
    "No, not anything goes, I said no rules!"

Ghostzapper's brother can come live with my herd... just sayin'... I'll hang his catalog page on my wall!

I got to care for Ghostzapper for a brief period years ago. He's still one of my favorite horses I've ever worked with.
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

1 members found this post helpful.

The first thing I noticed was the Parelli halter...... Hmmm
    If there are no pets in Heaven then I want to go where they went !!!
    RIP Maybe June 13, 1993-Sept. 23, 2006,Dexter March 11, 1983-Sept. 23, 2009, Joey 1997?- June 21, 2012
    www.equistarfarm.com

This horse isn't on the Adena retirement website, but the ad is on their Facebook page as a shared link. Still not sure if that means it's their ad, or if they are just passing the word around
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?