The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default June Plantation stabling

So, looking at the omnibus it says no stabling for the June 9 Plantation and has a phone number to call. I checked out the previous Plantations and saw a stall was $140 D: for 1 night, it seems a tad excessive.

So before I call and fork over some serious cash for a stall, if thats even possible, does anyone have suggestions for alternative stabling? It would be for two horses, one night. TIA

If you don't mind a 30 minute drive...Fairwinds Farm in NorthEast, MD has overight stabling for $20 or $25 per night.

The earlier Plantations have temporary stabling. They do not set up the tent for the June event. You have to find a stall and a nearby farm. There are several in the area who may have space for you. Vince Dugan's sometimes has stalls. Fairwinds described above. If you call the number, they may have other contacts for you. Cost will likely vary depending on where you go.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Free PM me...35 min...for COTHer...I will be VA TB show so like 4 empty stalls at farm

thank you guys! I will check out the availability of the B&B as it would be convenient to be at the same place my horse is. Thank you for your offer judybigredpony! I will contact you if the B&B works out - hope to see some of you at Plantation in June!