The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default GOV inspections and other info?

I will need to get my foal to be inspected with Weser Ems and I was looking at the Oldenburg website but I am not able to find any info on where/when inspections are, what the criteria is, what forms I will need to fill out, etc. etc.

Can someone help?

thanks!

I just recently got the stallion book, and I don't see that the inspection information is up anywhere. Contact holly@oldenburghorse.com or emily@oldenburghorse.com for information. The forms are done online prior to the inspections starting, and as far as locations, I don't know. Hopefully there will be an inspection at Bright Future Farms in Walnut Creek.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

ok, thanks! i sure wish we had the old website back! the new one is pretty useless....

1 members found this post helpful.

Yes, pretty much useless. You might PM Carol, who posts here as Topkat. She usually hosts a GOV inspection and may know more. They usually occur in late July/early August.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses

Agree the new website has been a PIA since the office in Germany took it over and farmed it out to a German vendor. I guess they figured since they were paying for it, they were going to control it, and no one seems to be able to get it through to Herr Kanowski how difficult it is for North American users to navigate it.

As for inspection schedules, they tend to start trying to nail down the first tour in May, so we will hopefully have some info soon. As always, they have to take into account the availability of inspectors, esp. when trying to get inspectors here from Germany (lots of events in Germany to plan around - mare/foal inspections, World Breeding Championships, Landeschampionat, Bundeschampionat, etc.). I am sure it is a daunting task trying to sort out all the logistics!

And agree, your best bet is to let the office know you are interested, and where you are located. That info can sometimes help them get an inspection scheduled in a certain location.

Quote Originally Posted by clint View Post
    I just recently got the stallion book, and I don't see that the inspection information is up anywhere.
    Clint, do all of the members receive a hard copy of the stallion book? I just joined Weser Ems this past year, and was wondering if all GOV/WE members receive a copy. (I received my RPSI copy a couple of months ago.)

I hope so!
    Mary/New Horizons Haflinger Sport Horses
    Standing Stellar TVR, lifetime licensed with WE, RPSI, AWS, AHR
    www.newhorizonshaflingers.com
    www.facebook.com/NewHorizonsHaflingers

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    I will need to get my foal to be inspected with Weser Ems
    We took our mares to PEC in Wilton (according to their website sometime in August): http://www.pecsporthorses.com/events2.htm

And then to Polyrich Farm in Solvang for the Mare Performance Test: http://www.pollyrichfarms.com/Pollyr...Main_Page.html

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
    Clint, do all of the members receive a hard copy of the stallion book? I just joined Weser Ems this past year, and was wondering if all GOV/WE members receive a copy. (I received my RPSI copy a couple of months ago.)

I hope so!
    I think so. I have been a member for a few years, and I have received one along with my active membership every year.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses

1 members found this post helpful.