The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default What are your experiences with Bruno Delgrange saddles? Favorite H/J saddle brand?

Quote Originally Posted by jumperguy45 View Post
    I had a Delgrange for a few years before I got my CWDs. Decent enough leather, the saddle itself wasn't a great fit for me or my horse so I didn't have it all that long; I just needed something while I was in between my 14" Ian Millar saddle and my older CWD.

With that being said, I love my CWDs and think they are some of the nicest saddles I've ever sat in.

I bought my Bruno Delgrange Partition back in 2008 for my thoroughbred mare with large withers. It fit her wonderfully and just about everything else I put it on with appropriate padding. Absolutely phenomenal leather quality, soft and grippy, but very durable! This saddle was extremely balanced and helped my equitation greatly. Was great support over the bigger jumps as well. Had to sell it in 2011 so that I could purchase a custom CWD for my new guy. He needed panels with cut outs for his massive shoulders, and my butt had also grown the saddle definitely held it's resale value, and was a quick and easy sale thanks to I Sell Tack.com!

So that being said, I currently have a CWD SE02 in the buffalo/grain option for my boy. I absolutely adore this saddle, extremely durable, will last forever *knock on wood* and it's quality is superb. I have had this saddle on everything from thoroughbreds, to round warmbloods, to ponies. I am thrilled with it, it is a truly beautiful saddle that keeps me where I need to be.

I also found a 15 year old Jaguar XTS saddle on consignment for a song that appeared to have never been properly cleaned or oiled. 3 weeks later and a lot of elbow grease, this thing looks brand new! Soft, gorgeous, and fits all the shark finned beasts at the barn. Deeper seat, super comfy, everyone compliments it's appearance and how comfortable it is to ride in. That was the steal of a century!

Love mine - super grippy and comfortable. I love the really secure feel it gives me over fences.

I have a Delgrange Athena and absolutely LOVE it. It's the most comfortable saddle I have ever sat in. The leather is beautiful and my horse loves it as well.
    "A canter is the cure for every evil."

I have the Virtuose and I really like it.
    Really comfortable and the leather is great.

I've ridden in one and loved it. I currently have a Luc Childeric that I adore. I've ridden in Antares, Pessoa, CWD, and Devoucoux and I've liked all of them. I've ridden in an older Beval that I loved.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים

I am going to probably buy a CWD and sell one of my Butets. Love the Butet but I think I need something new for my horse. I have looked at Voltaire and a few others. I just like the CWD but I think my Butet is the most comfortable saddle I have ever sat in.

I have a bruno delgrange and it's amazing! The only complaint that I have is that the pommel may be a bit high, but other than that it's absolutely perfect!

I have an Athena that I adore. I use it on my TB, who it was built for, and also on a WB/QH (a very narrow one) that I ride. It fits both horses wonderfully, they love it and it puts me in a great position. The leather is gorgeous, the right amout of soft and grippy without feeling flimsy. I also like that the billets are made of nice sturdy leather and not the really thin stuff like the Tad Coffins or the Antares. I don't feel like I will have to replace my billets for a good long time and I've know people with Antares for the asme lenght that have had to do just that.

My trainer has a Partition and I've been riding the new horse in that. I do prefer my Athena, but the Partition is really nice as well. I haven't decided if new horse will get her own Delgrange soon but it is a possibility as I adore the brand.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

Love my Antares.
    You don't scare me. I ride a MARE!

Love, love, love my Delgrange. I have a monoflap and it is wonderful. It has the absolute best balance and feel to it. It ruins everyone that rides in it, they just can't go back to the cheaper saddles.

Unfortunately due to back problems and all my horses growing, I now ride in a Wise Saddle. Selling my Delgrange is going to be a sad day for me.

Love my Delgrange Virtuose. Fits my little TB beautifully. Pommel a bit narrower and a bit higher than the Antares I had for him. I needed a secure saddle since he's a powerful mover. I got the big knee blocks so I don't have to pinch my knees. Was surprised at how beautiful the leather is. Plus, they gave me free leathers, specially designed not to rub the saddle! Even the blue cover is gorgeous. I'd had Antares, Butet and Devoucoux Biarritz. Also sat in CWDs before choosing. Thought the CWD made me sit a little downhill (towards wither). Antares twist was a little too wide. Very happy with my Virtuose.

I've been a Prestige fan ever since I got my calf skin Versailles. They've really stepped up their saddles and I can't imagine spending twice or three times more for a French saddle when all Prestige are semi-custom without the added pricing.
    "For by the love that guides my pen, I know great horses live again."