The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Have to share pics my new browband!

Soo... I was literally obsessing over the browbands from Topline Leather (who is also a COTHer!) and also feeling a little down as my horse has been on vacation with a sore lateral collateral ligament for almost 9? weeks now (2 more weeks and hopefully we start going back to work!). My most wonderful hubby ever thought it would be a nice thing to lift my spirits and splurge on a browband for me (I chose the colors and whatnot, he forked over the cash ).

I also somehow got him to come to the barn with this camera stuff and stand in the middle of a cold dark parking lot and try to take some pretty pictures of it. They aren't exactly how I wanted them to come out - but for the first time trying I think it was a great job! (he shoots pictures and I edit them)

Here is the picture of the browband taken before it was sent to me

Here is my horse trying to look glamorous

And one of her and I

Can not wait to put it in action next spring! I am in love the shape and the colors!

7 members found this post helpful.

Wow! Beautiful browband and pair! Yay hubby, and good job Frizzle!
    AETERNUM VALE, INVICTUS - 7/10/2012

2 members found this post helpful.

You two were already pretty -- the browband just adds bling! Such a nice hubby

4 members found this post helpful.

Evan would like Paul to stop making him look bad, TYIA. LOVE the browband and Miss Rogue.. and you, of course.

Amy

"I decided I am going to live, or at least try to live, the way I want,
    with dignity, with courage, with humor, with composure."

Did you have a professional take the pictures?

They turned out great!
    I have a Fjord! Life With Oden

Can we please clone your husband?! What a great guy--and he takes fabulous pictures! You sure picked yourself a good one.

You were such a pleasure to work with, and I'm so happy that something I made maybe helped brighten your day a little. Rogue is already gorgeous, but I do think she looks even more stunning with her little bit of "frosting" (why, yes, I DID just watch How to Lose A Guy in Ten Days ). And fingers crossed that she's all healed up and right as rain soon, so you guys can get back to having FUN, now with a little extra sparkle!

Oh, and FYI, all Topline browbands have magical fairy dust woven in w/the crystals and whatnot, so hopefully your girl should be cured soon.

Thank you SO much for the lovely pictures! You two are an adorable pair!
    Topline Leather -- Unique woven crystal & gemstone browbands

Topline Leather's Etsy Shop

4 members found this post helpful.

My word, the second picture looks like it was taken by a professional!! How on earth did you set up such a neat shot without any shadows in the background? Did you use reflectors or something? Please tell me your photog secrets because I would love to have a pic like that of my mare.

Your mare is beautiful and the browband accents her features so nicely! What a sweet hubby to encourage you to get a new piece of tack and snap some pics for us to see. Congratulations! Fingers crossed the last 2 weeks of recovery go smoothly and you'll be back in the swing of things soon.

I've looked at the browband website and they are just beautiful but honestly there are too many designs for me to choose from! I need pics of them all on like a chestnut horse (I have a chestnut), or a bay, or a black, or a grey, or something so I can get a better idea of what they look like.

My word, the second picture looks like it was taken by a professional!! How on earth did you set up such a neat shot without any shadows in the background? Did you use reflectors or something? Please tell me your photog secrets because I would love to have a pic like that of my mare.

Your mare is beautiful and the browband accents her features so nicely! What a sweet hubby to encourage you to get a new piece of tack and snap some pics for us to see. Congratulations! Fingers crossed the last 2 weeks of recovery go smoothly and you'll be back in the swing of things soon.

I've looked at the browband website and they are just beautiful but honestly there are too many designs for me to choose from! I need pics of them all on like a chestnut horse (I have a chestnut), or a bay, or a black, or a grey, or something so I can get a better idea of what they look like.

Quote Originally Posted by TBPONY View Post
    I was just trying to line up a photo shoot for this week, and my model went and banged her head on the stall door and ended up w/13 stitches in her nose! So, unfortunately, no modeling for her for a while! My boy is not a very cooperative model, either, so that's also kind of a no-go. As soon as I can, I will get some good pics of the different browbands on actual horses.

Just so ya know, I do custom pieces (like Jannah's) for no extra charge.

And for anyone who wants a better look @ the crystal braid (which unfortunately is VERY difficult to capture in pics!), here's a short video that I sent to Jannah before I sewed the braid onto the leather: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaVaxY54jFA (you see it most clearly the last few seconds, b/c it's in better light!).

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TBPONY View Post

I thought it was going to be super super hard to make a decision on what beads but Frizzle is awesome (I did a custom order!). I knew the general colors I wanted (pink and blue) but overwhelmed myself a little when I started looking at all the bead colors I'm soo happy with mine, I doubt you could go wrong, and I seriously doubt Frizzle could make an ugly browband!

The way this shoot was set up was in the middle of the dark parking lot. He used an umbrella and flash on a night stand and 70-200 Cannon F4 lens. I actually wanted him to take pictures in a doorway (probably the doorway into the indoor) when there was still light outside so he could actually focus a bit easier.... but it gets too dark too quickly so this was plan B. In order to focus I had to use my cell phone, try to make the horse not move, tell him when her ears were forward and hope for the best! Also, trying to not look like a deer in headlights when you are standing out there is very hard too, haha. I do want to try it again, or if we had two light stand/umbrellas it might have been perfect.

Thank you guys so much - I totally love my mare's pretty new tiara. She was *so* excited when we put the bridle on. Maybe it was she thought we were actually going to work for the first time in months, or maybe it was her pretty new browband, I couldn't tell

also - Paul isn't making friends at the barn, either. Every girl is staring at their SO saying "he did it JUST BECAUSE. Not for a birthday, not for Christmas JUST BECAUSE. HINT HINT" hehe I of course offered his fashion portraits free with any browband purchased through Topline!

Wow, just stunning. You are both beautiful! That looks like it should be in a magazine. Kudos to the hubby.
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

I saw the pictures on FB and am so jealous! Of the pictures, not of the browband, because I have a gorgeous Topline Leather one as well!

Razzy is totally non-cooperative for the photos of said browband, however. Sigh.

The custom work is wonderful, and I loved being able to choose my colors -- I like the shape of EventingJ's browband so much that I keep thinking we should have one for The Princess' dressage bridle as well.

Now she will have a tiara on her head AND on her butt!

Libby (who is totally jealous of the hubby too -- mine just made fun of Razzy's new tiara!)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	browband1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	38943 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Browband2JPG.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	38944

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	browband3.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	38945 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiarabutt.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	38947
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiarabutt.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	38946  
    *Proud member of the Hoof Fetish Clique*
    I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
    Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap

Woohoo! We have our own Topline finery and I can tell you that not only is Frizz's work gorgeous, it is high quality too. The leather is padded, thick, and lovely and she stitches the wire down in like 300 places so everything is going to stay put for a long time!
    Life doesn't have perfect footing.

Bloggily entertain yourself with our adventures (and disasters):
    We Are Flying Solo

Quote Originally Posted by EventingJ View Post
    I'm soo happy with mine, I doubt you could go wrong, and I seriously doubt Frizzle could make an ugly browband!.
    Actually, I admit that I have made some questionable-looking crystal braids. It's so funny, because all the beads/crystals/gemstones can look great in your hand, and then you weave them and usually they look fab, but occasionally they look like a gangrenous crystal snake. Libby's was one that I wove and then sat there giving sideways glances because it just looked a little "off" to my eye. I asked her if she would mind if I re-did it and was SO happy when she said yes!

I of course offered his fashion portraits free with any browband purchased through Topline!
    I'm sure he loved that!

Quote Originally Posted by ACMEeventing View Post
    Wow, just stunning. You are both beautiful! That looks like it should be in a magazine. Kudos to the hubby.
    It's going to be in a magazine! Leah from Dapplebay saw the pics on FB, and she immediately asked if she could put one in the ad that she's making me for EC magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bensmom View Post
    I saw the pictures on FB and am so jealous! Of the pictures, not of the browband, because I have a gorgeous Topline Leather one as well!

Razzy is totally non-cooperative for the photos of said browband, however. Sigh.
    Don't feel bad--you've seen my boy's browband modeling skills (or lack thereof)! He's such a handsome boy, but in all my pics he just looks like a donkey-eared stoner.

The custom work is wonderful, and I loved being able to choose my colors -- I like the shape of EventingJ's browband so much that I keep thinking we should have one for The Princess' dressage bridle as well.
    Tell Hubby he can redeem himself for making fun of Razzy's tiara by getting you a black wave-shaped one for Christmas!

Now she will have a tiara on her head AND on her butt!
    Rofl!

Quote Originally Posted by wildlifer View Post
    Woohoo! We have our own Topline finery and I can tell you that not only is Frizz's work gorgeous, it is high quality too. The leather is padded, thick, and lovely and she stitches the wire down in like 300 places so everything is going to stay put for a long time!
    Aw, thanks, wildlifer! As you know, I can get slightly over-enthusiastic with the stitching-down of the crystal braids! I feel like I need to sew it down in as many places as I possibly can; those bad boys will hopefully survive the next ice age!

Thank you, everyone, for all the kind words--you've made my day!!! I <3 the COTH-love!

What colors are in the OP's braid? Looks to me like navy, light blue, grey, and white, but I'm on my phone in crappy light.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

EventingJ's browband is crystal metallic blue & rose alabaster (those are probably the ones that look white, but they're a very pale pink) Swarovski crystals, and light rose & light sapphire Czech crystals.

I forgot to mention how nice the leather is, too. Very soft, makes the rest of my bridle look very sad... I sat almost petting it for a few mins, I know that sounds strange... and I made the husband pet it too (he was also impressed).

I forgot to mention how nice the leather is, too. Very soft, makes the rest of my bridle look very sad... I sat almost petting it for a few mins, I know that sounds strange... and I made the husband pet it too (he was also impressed).
    Hahaha! You are talking to the girl who licked saddle soap b/c it smelled so good, so no judgement here!

It's very nice leather, but my secret is: clean w/Higher Standards soap, then oil it, let it sit for a while, and then clean it again w/the HS soap. Works like a charm!

Hahahaha, to be fair, I did double dog dare her to lick the soap. And I only have her word that she did....
    Life doesn't have perfect footing.

Bloggily entertain yourself with our adventures (and disasters):
    We Are Flying Solo

Quote Originally Posted by wildlifer View Post
    Hahahaha, to be fair, I did double dog dare her to lick the soap. And I only have her word that she did....
    This is true. One must always accept any semi-reasonable double-dog dare. And I swear on all my animals' heads that I did in fact lick the soap. It was quite zingy!