The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Chronicle Rolex coverage up, including Ground Jury's take on the Cambalda situation

Hello all!

The Chronicle's Kat Netzler, Sara Lieser and Megan Brincks are all at the Rolex Kentucky CCI**** covering the event with exclusive interviews and stories, plus beautiful photos.

Check out their coverage of the first day of dressage, which includes quotes about the Ground Jury's decision to move Jennie Brannigan's ride time. http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/...rolex-kentucky

You can find all of the Rolex coverage, including some pre-competition stories, here... http://www.chronofhorse.com/content/2013-rolex-kentucky

Enjoy!
    Molly

4 members found this post helpful.

I am so happy that they did the compassionate thing for Jennie. It is so hard to get to that level, and then have something like this happen. It may come to be that she can't compete tomorrow, but at least she has a chance. Instead of them just saying no. Prayers and jingles being sent her way!
    May the sun shine on you daily, and your worries be gone with the wind.
    www.mmceventing.com

I was surprised to hear the GJ allowed Jennie to switch the ride to Fri. Very nice of them to give her that option! Hope it works out for her.

Allowed it because it IS allowed:

The jury, comprised of president Nick Burton of Great Britain, Christina Klingspor of Sweden and Brian Ross of the United States, is permitted to postpone a ride under “extraordinary circumstances”—in Brannigan’s case, this exception was made at the request of the veterinary delegate, Dr. Catherine Kohn.
    Good for them. They did right by the horse and right by the sport.
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ACMEeventing View Post
    Allowed it because it IS allowed:

Good for them. They did right by the horse and right by the sport.
    Yes, I guess I was more surprised they actually did it even though it's part of the rules. Lol Now we'll have to see how it goes tomorrow.

Good decision by the Ground Jury, compassionate and sporting.
    I hope she will be able to compete.

I dreamed a couple nights ago that they won, so I'm glad they still have a shot!

I also dreamed I was there. Sadly, that's not even close. (As I sit here in my cubicle.)
    Pisgah: 2000 AHHA (Holsteiner x TB) Mare (lower level eventing, with a focus on dressage)

Darcy: 7? year old Border Collie x Rottweiler? Drama Queen extraordinaire, rescued from the pound in Jan 2010

great coverage as always!
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

here is Catch a Star's full pedigree-- by a nice Holsteiner stallion out of an unraced California bred thoroughbred mare. http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/catch+a+star5

When you look at the long-term strategies that these riders create to get their horses positioned for the really big, national team type competitions, along with the expenses involved in having to revise those strategies, I think the ground jury's decision was the only sensible thing and I'm very glad to see them make such a decision in the best interests of the horse, the rider and, in a way, for the long-term interests of future teams. I hope it works out for Jennie and Ping.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

2 members found this post helpful.

EN just posted that they've withdrawn this morning. I'm still glad they gave her a shot.

Poor Jennie. Wasn't this supposed to be her first CCI****?

I hope the horse is back to 100% soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JER View Post
    Poor Jennie. Wasn't this supposed to be her first CCI****?

I hope the horse is back to 100% soon.
    I believe she has competed at Pau. This was her first Rolex though. It is unfortunate. Hopefully they will be back in action soon. She's a nice rider and has a lovely string of horses. There should be many other Rolex runs in her future but it still doesn't make this sting any less.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Sadly yes, Jennie Brannigan has withdrawn Cambalda.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/...rolex-kentucky

City of delusion in the state of total denial

That's a damned shame. Hope the horse recovers quickly.

I hope the groom is all right, also; I should imagine she didn't have an easy go trying to keep a big fit running horse anchored at the end of the longe line. Not to mention I'm sure she's kicking herself, no matter how well she understands the physics of a person trying to hang on to that big fit running horse.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

I just clicked on the Rolex link (within the link above) and it said page not found

http://www.chronofhorse.com/content/...rolex-kentucky

I guess all the coverage is below it. Wonder why they have a link or read more? Oops on somebody's part.
    "If you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em."