The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default how to find CA-Ore horse and trailer transport?

I might be moving from the bay area to Portland, Ore and my truck is already in Oregon. I don't really want to drive it down to turn around and drive it and my horse and my 2 horse gooseneck trailer back up?

I can't figure out how to even start looking for someone who would be willing to do this.

any thoughts?
    A man must love a thing very much if he not only practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well.--G. K. Chesterton

U-Ship?

Are you a member of US Rider? I know when a friend's truck blew up in route from OR to a show in CA, US Rider was able to get someone to go and pick up her trailer/horse and take them to the show.
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

As crazy as it sounds, Craigslist. Just check references 10 times. Also get on Facebook and look up horse groups in your areas and ask around. Call up show barns in your area and check their schedule. I know good trailers are hard to find, but how about possibly selling it and just shipping your horse up?

Craiglist here will get you shady people with an old rusty stock trailer and saying their pickup is "reliable".

Why not call the big companies, like Equine Express, Hubbart and such and see who has such a trip soon?

the challenge is I want someone to pull my trailer up...
    thanks for the suggestions.
    A man must love a thing very much if he not only practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well.--G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by lizathenag View Post
    the challenge is I want someone to pull my trailer up...
    thanks for the suggestions.
    Oh, how about asking car dealerships who do the transports for them?

Here, the Ford place has an elderly couple that generally drives any vehicle that needs to be delivered, or flies or drives if it is not too far and drives the wanted vehicle back to the dealer.
    They also have other people that will do that and maybe they know someone reliable with a pickup that can pull your trailer up there?

Just one more idea ...

http://www.emptytrailer.net is a good option too. I know it is mostly ride sharing, but Kail and Renee can usually help with ANYTHING.. I mean ANYTHING. They are great people and it is a great idea they came up with.

Just in case, avoid Hubbard.