The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    My daughter is planning on wearing my Dublins which are waterproof and relatively warm but somewhat too big for her. I told her to walk around in them and make sure they are ok otherwise we will go buy her some rain boots before we go. I just know she is going to wear them for two minutes, say they won't work and try to get me to buy $500 boots at the trade fair. Uh, no.
    Once again, I brought my $19 TSC rubber boots. And, once again, I'll linger in front of the Dubarry booth...sigh
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

I don't think there was one of us there today at the jog who wasn't frozen. I live across town and the horse park is always colder and windier I think! Tomorrow looking better...
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post
    Once again, I brought my $19 TSC rubber boots. And, once again, I'll linger in front of the Dubarry booth...sigh
    Imagine if we could spend on our footware what we spend on our ponies...that would be $185 every 6 weeks.....I should be trotting around lame LOL!!!
    Last edited by Ponytoes; Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:10 AM. Reason: wanted to

I didn't realize how cold and windy it was at the first horse inspection. I had no gloves, and by the end of the first half hour, my hands were so numb I couldn't adjust the dials on my camera! SO COLD! Hope tomorrow is better...
    “Always saddle your own horse. Always know what you’re doing. And go in the direction you are heading.” Connie Reeves
    Jump Start Solutions LLC

1 members found this post helpful.

My experience....footwear key to comfort and quality of Rolex experience. Shoes must be waterproof, supportive, comfortable and you have to be able to wear them for about 24 hours straight. Rubber boots usually end up after about 12 hours being a horrid torture....my Ariat terrains are my choice and I waterproof them before I go....and I fly so I pack them or yes unlace and take them off and put them back on again in the security line....oh and I muck stalls in them and ride in them....yes they smell, yes, I have had comments. Why yes I was born in a barn.
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

I was going to wear the Dublin's myself but then I got a pair of these: http://www.uggaustralia.com/womens-a...efault,pd.html

I would sleep in them if I could!