The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Default Rolex website course walk video

It's over 30 minutes long. I just watched it, and it's quite illuminating. DDG, JWofford, and Holly Bennett-Awad are the talking heads. Everyone going or not should watch it. Best they've done that I've ever seen.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

If you're talking about this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=f1DmuDkF1VQ#!

Its the course from last year.
    Blog: http://movingonupeventing.blogspot.com/

Don't believe the hype.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

It was featured in the video on the Rolex frontpage, and is, in fact, from 2012.

You'd think the webmaster would have removed it or put 2012 in the title on the home page.

I'm very disappointed in the Rolex web presentation this year, if we are within one day of start with no course map or video preview of the course. I don't remember ever being so late getting those. They are not keeping up with the other International 4*s.

If the course opens in 40 minutes, shouldn't the course map and course preview already be up? They always are for the British events. Are they hidden somewhere on the site? I found the dressage test under event, but nothing about the XC course.

Can't go this year, so am relying on the internet.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Considering the course isn't officially open, you can't do a great video with current rider commentary until after they walk it.

Though I suppose they could always do a video with the course designer and/or coach (like Wofford, DOC, or someone who isn't riding, like Sinead).
    “A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.”
    ? Albert Einstein

~AJ~

I agree viney, I've been waiting for a "virtual course walk" all week! I did find this just now: http://www.rk3de.org/virtual_course.php which does have photos of the fences which was just updated as earlier today it had the names of this year's fences with the pictures of last year's fences!

When I compare Rolex to events like Badminton which has that awesome animated fly through up plus the video walk through with the course designer, it really is a shame they don't play Rolex up more.

Don't believe the hype.

Are there two jumps that are sideways over ditches? The Horse Park Barns.... that looks interesting. Dueling fallen tree... I usually look at these pictures before hand and then when I walk the course Friday - I usually think the ones that looked hard are really not bad and some of the ones that looked fairly straight forward are not! I like walking the course with riders and hearing their game plan - I like walking with 2 and hearing the different game plans based on their different horses. soak-up-knowledge!

Quote Originally Posted by LaraNSpeedy View Post
    Are there two jumps that are sideways over ditches? The Horse Park Barns.... that looks interesting. Dueling fallen tree... I usually look at these pictures before hand and then when I walk the course Friday - I usually think the ones that looked hard are really not bad and some of the ones that looked fairly straight forward are not! I like walking the course with riders and hearing their game plan - I like walking with 2 and hearing the different game plans based on their different horses. soak-up-knowledge!
    Yeah the Horse Park Barns are where the Offset Brushes used to be for a while. Just makes the riders have to hold their line a bit steadier than if the ditches weren't there.

Don't believe the hype.