The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    " It's always been the domain of the U.S. , the U.S. has targeted this".

He makes us sound so terribly sinister doesn't he?
    The beauty of that quote was in conjunction with Beezie being only the 5th woman, er, excuse me... lady to win the title... of which all 5 were born in this country (MMB, Melane Smith Taylor, Leslie Burr, Katherine Burdsall, Beezie Madden)... which left me wondering exactly what our domain was? Targeting the WC or lettin' them uppity wimminfolk out of the kitchen?
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

4 members found this post helpful.

How come there are no shout-outs to Karl Cook? That kid rode the course as well as anyone (including McLain AND BEEZIE) and no one seems to notice! He and Jonkheer looked very impressive. Nice to see how many young riders we have who are capable of jumping the big courses!

Quote Originally Posted by carrot lady View Post
    How come there are no shout-outs to Karl Cook? That kid rode the course as well as anyone (including McLain AND BEEZIE) and no one seems to notice! He and Jonkheer looked very impressive. Nice to see how many young riders we have who are capable of jumping the big courses!
    I know, not much has been said about Karl at all which is a shame. Anyone have footage of his ride? He really is lovely to watch. I was very impressed with him at the Thermal Million, and any other time I've seen him.

Quote Originally Posted by DMK View Post
    The beauty of that quote was in conjunction with Beezie being only the 5th woman, er, excuse me... lady to win the title... of which all 5 were born in this country (MMB, Melane Smith Taylor, Leslie Burr, Katherine Burdsall, Beezie Madden)... which left me wondering exactly what our domain was? Targeting the WC or lettin' them uppity wimminfolk out of the kitchen?
    Yes, I also find it funny how they all seem to forget where MMB was born and raised and learned to ride. Granted, it's ancient history now that she rides for another country, but I wonder if they would claim her so enthusiastically if she were less successful.