The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by King's Ransom View Post
    Thanks for all the ideas! Goodhors, is this the cart you use? http://www.cleaningstuff.net/cleanin...Cart-5642,.htm

Any ideas on where to buy this without ordering online? Like TSC or Home Depot?
    Check out the Smart Cart - they are fabulous (& ship free! so likely comes to a similar price) & I much prefer them to the Rubbermaid Cart.

Depending how stalls are set up, can you cut a feed "window" in the outside wall (with plywood slider to close) & then hay handling is not inside the barn - bale in cart, open "window", toss flakes, close window etc.

Slow feeders should also help as horses cannot toss hay - I prefer this sort over the nets as horse still eats off the ground.
    The linked feeder is for an entire bale but there are assorted versions/sizes available (or DIY).

We're making headway on the barn, thanks to everyone for the great ideas!

I updated Post #1 about the farm cart on sale at Home Depot, just in case someone else wants one, but is reluctant to fork over $300+. Here is the info again:

PSA: I scored the Rubbermaid Farm Tough cart at Home Depot over the weekend. Marked down to $139 -- no shipping! By far, the best price. Previously, the best price I'd found online was $179, plus $150 shipping!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rubbermai...4#.UX5p5MprQc0

Keep an eye out for a used Billy Goat Lawn Vacuum. Very pricey new but they really help with dust.

Quote Originally Posted by King's Ransom View Post
    I updated Post #1 about the farm cart on sale at Home Depot, just in case someone else wants one, but is reluctant to fork over $300+. Here is the info again:

PSA: I scored the Rubbermaid Farm Tough cart at Home Depot over the weekend. Marked down to $139 -- no shipping! By far, the best price. Previously, the best price I'd found online was $179, plus $150 shipping!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rubbermai...4#.UX5p5MprQc0

FAB deal!

Almost makes me want to get another one.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.