The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by magicteetango View Post
    Aren't these the people with Vallado/Praise? I don't know them personally but having been through a similar situation while pregnant they have nothing but my empathy in that aspect.
    We are not.

Quote Originally Posted by justbecause View Post
    The question was asked in the very begining "If Anyone has ever done business with them?" All we did was answer what we have experienced. I would be careful, they may not be all that they seem to be!
    AGAIN-The wife was NOT fired, Her CONTRACT was NOT RENEWED! BIG DIFFERENCE!
    Thank You Johnny Cochran. The morning she was set to "renew" her contract she was given a "Letter of Termination". So what dealings have YOU had with either of us, or did you just work for her former employer?

Quote Originally Posted by SamWerner View Post
    Hey guys,

I personally have met Dorian and his wife at a show, and they were nothing but nice to me. They offered to look over my horse while I left for a few hours, since he was acting up in the stall from nerves. They even gave him his AM grain each morning to let me sleep in a bit since I lived an hour away from the showgrounds and did not get a hotel. A persons past is a persons past. Dorian obviously has to live with whatever mistakes he may have made in the past, but speaking bad of him on a public forum is not really helping the situation. I am sure if anyone who was actually interested in buying one of his lovely horses e-mailed or called him and his wife could be adequately reassured that they are good people just by talking to them. And as for calling them out for the foreclosure, really?? Over half of the people that I know on a personal level are going through a foreclosure right now. The economy SUCKS. Are you really going to fault them on that? I am just very surprised on this airing of someone else's dirty laundry on a public forum. Why not just contact them yourselves or send a private PM to someone known to have done business with them?

I recently graduated from law school, and you know what...many many of my friends in school had silly criminal records. Public intoxication, peeing in public (not kidding), assault, battery, you name it. But these people are now practicing Attorney's, and the Florida Bar, who gives you one of the hardest, strictest background checks you will ever experience, cleared my friends. There are two sides to every story. Maybe it is best not to judge others on their mistakes.

It would be a totally different story if you guys were posting about them abusing horses or something along the lines of GFF, but this...stuff about people's personal, private past? Oy vey.

I am sorry about this Dorian, it sucks.

Sam Werner
    Who cares about a house fore closure. It's having a criminal record that disturbs me. Sure, you could email or phone the Farmers and ask them personally, but I won't just "take their word for it". I'm not gullible and I back up anything I do with a google search and if needed, a full backround check.

Btw the Farmers private past isn't private, it's public and available for viewing on google. They did not have any credentials online in my searching. I asked this forum because there is a lot of Florida folk on here.

Justbecause's email address is public on her profile, it belongs to a Katie Harned according to some ads she has placed for Arabs in the past.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Galileo1998 View Post
    Justbecause's email address is public on her profile, it belongs to a Katie Harned according to some ads she has placed for Arabs in the past.
    HAHAHAHA.....Katie Harned was an employee of the Vet Clinic that Heather worked for.....there ya go. She also used to work for one of my small businesses and I terminated her. Whatever.....

Thank you Galileo. Not that it matters in the end but it is nice to know who we are dealing with.
    Last edited by iconicbayequestrian; Apr. 24, 2013 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Put more

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Galileo1998 View Post
    Katie, so glad that all the nights you spent crying on my couch about your crappy husband, how much you hated Doc meant nothing in the end. Who was it that was there to move all your stuff out of your house when you left your husband....oh yeah, that was me. Who was there when no one else was? Oh yeah, that was me too.

I wont respond to you further...not worth the time or the emotion.

Dorian and Heather

Dorian- We shall battle is out again this year

JumperFyre- I totally agree about who cares about a foreclosure, I was just so surprised that justbecause joined for the obvious reason of bashing Dorian and his wife, and felt the need to post that they were going through a foreclosure on a public forum, even though it has nothing to do with the horse world. And yes, as an attorney I know that the information posted about the two of them is public, but it is quite petty and immature to post about it on a public forum. Maybe we should all just start looking up public information about fellow COTHers and reposting it on here, I bet you would be surprised what some people have hiding in their closets...

justbecause- you really felt the need to join a forum to bash someone?

Everyone who posted on here spoke about non-horse related incidents...I think unless it has something to do with the welfare of horses, or a bad business deal about horses, it does not belong on this forum.
    Samantha Werner

There is something about riding down the street on a prancing horse that makes you feel like something, even when you ain't a thing. ~ Will Rogers

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JumperFyre View Post
    Who cares about a house fore closure. It's having a criminal record that disturbs me. Sure, you could email or phone the Farmers and ask them personally, but I won't just "take their word for it". I'm not gullible and I back up anything I do with a google search and if needed, a full backround check.

Btw the Farmers private past isn't private, it's public and available for viewing on google. They did not have any credentials online in my searching. I asked this forum because there is a lot of Florida folk on here.
    1999 is when I screwed up my life. 2002 is when I was sentenced for it. How many of you here haven't made mistakes you wish you could take back fourteen years ago? I sleep very well at night knowing that I am a great father and husband. I can look at myself in the mirror ANY day and be OK with what I see (except for the extra 20 lbs...ok fine, 30). I would imagine that not everyone here can do the same.

JumperFrye, if you are truly looking for references we can give you more than you would ever take the time to call.

4 members found this post helpful.

Dorian- We shall battle is out again this year

JumperFyre- I totally agree about who cares about a foreclosure, I was just so surprised that justbecause joined for the obvious reason of bashing Dorian and his wife, and felt the need to post that they were going through a foreclosure on a public forum, even though it has nothing to do with the horse world. And yes, as an attorney I know that the information posted about the two of them is public, but it is quite petty and immature to post about it on a public forum. Maybe we should all just start looking up public information about fellow COTHers and reposting it on here, I bet you would be surprised what some people have hiding in their closets...

justbecause- you really felt the need to join a forum to bash someone?

Everyone who posted on here spoke about non-horse related incidents...I think unless it has something to do with the welfare of horses, or a bad business deal about horses, it does not belong on this forum.
    Yeah Sam....How about next year????? This year youre still gonna kick my tail. But, I am breeding a Don Schufro mare to Totilas in the next few weeks (semen just got here last week). They wanted dressage movement....I'm gonna give them dressage movement.

And yes, if I get multiple embryos, I am going to sell one of those in-utero as well. Thanks for asking

This thread has turned a little on the weird side. Anyways Mr. Farmer may I suggest a website with references and commentary from happy buyers/clients?

Dorian- Thank god that my boy and your Toto baby will be in separate age divisions. That is going to be a super foal!

And JumperFyre, you are right. A website is helpful, I myself like to see the horse linked to a website. I feel better about making decisions when I can see past happy customers They do have a facebook account that has info on it, not sure if you are a member though!
    Samantha Werner

There is something about riding down the street on a prancing horse that makes you feel like something, even when you ain't a thing. ~ Will Rogers

Funny you mention that....my morning was spent (before this took up the rest of the day) rebuilding our website:

www.iconicbayeq.com

I hope to have it up (even if not completely finished) tomorrow but tonight is date night so we shall see. I will PM you with the names and numbers of the last people we sold a filly to. Ask them anything. We sold a beautiful yearling fill several weeks ago. Besides the fact that it has jumped a 5' fence several times I think you will find that they are the happiest horse owners you could ever meet. If you would like more after that I will be happy to give you every horse that we have EVER sold and you can look up their new owners through USEF and ask them what they think. I think you might be suprised. At any rate, I have to take my wife out to dinner so I am going to be done with this now.

Hope everyone has a great night.

Dorian- Thank god that my boy and your Toto baby will be in separate age divisions. That is going to be a super foal!

And JumperFyre, you are right. A website is helpful, I myself search websites when browsing horses. I feel better about making decisions when I can see past happy customers They do have a facebook account that has info on it, not sure if you are a member though!
    Chicken.........

Well - I have exactly "0" dogs in this fight and wouldnt know any of the parties if I tripped over them in the street, but IMO Iconic Bay Equestrian has answered everything with tact, good grace and diplomacy even when some individuals choose to delve into personal aspects of their lives that have nothing to do with the matter at hand and should never be aired on a public bulletin board as they have "0" bearing on the issue being discussed

I agree with whoever it was that mentioned GFF. Absolutely if THAT situation was at play here, have at them - nail them both to the cross and feed them to the coyotes

But its not. I find it incredibly sad and so damned tacky that something like a house foreclosure has even been brought up at all when it has no bearing on the subject at hand

Iconic Bay - all the best in your horse dealings. This too, shall pass ...

14 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by justbecause View Post
    If anyone is looking for an Outstanding Equine Vet in the lake county, Florida area, let me know.
    She has been my vet since 2003!
    ? Now you're standing as a reference for his wife as a vet... ?

Quote Originally Posted by magicteetango View Post
    ? Now you're standing as a reference for his wife as a vet... ?
    Guessing from the tone of the their other posts that Justbecause is going to give you the name of a different vet so as to not give business to the wife.

Tone is wasted on me pre coffee Trubandloki, thank you!

This thread has become alot of mudslinging from someone who has a personal axe to grind. Nowhere has anyone said anything negative about the lady as a vet nor has there been anything negative from anyone who has bought a horse or had horse dealings with them -- on the contrary it appears. I think it's tragic that some folks thrive on dirt about others that obviously doesn't mean much regarding the subject which started as buying a horse (in-utero or otherwise). I'm sorry for the couple who are being bashed and feel even sorrier for those who feel the need to do so.
    PennyG

11 members found this post helpful.

^^^What TKR said, spot on.

Dorian and Heather Farmer are terrific people and great horseman. I would do business with them any time without hesitation.
    Maggie
    www.MarabetFarm.com
    Standing Balt'Amour, Bliss MF & Carry On MF

Sales, Stallion & Young Horse training, lessons
    Foaling, Collecting Stallions, ET, Custom Breeding

3 members found this post helpful.