The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Thumbs up EXCITING news from CANTER Colorado!

CANTER Colorado entered a new chapter in our story this weekend, taking in our very first CANTER owned horse. This is a huge step for us, and we are all so excited about the progression of our program.

Pics are available on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CANTERColorado

Tough Brown is a horse that was purchased by a Colorado resident from a trainer who listed him with CANTER California, and she has now donated him into our program. He's not currently available, so you will not see him on our CANTER site, but we're evaluating him and will likely have him ready to list on the site in about 30 days (depending on how he progresses in his training, of course!)

CANTER Colorado is ALSO partnering with The Harvest House in Boulder to hold a smashing Derby Party! In addition to all of the expected fun, we're also holding a silent auction to benefit CANTER. Here is information about event, and we would LOVE to see our Colorado COTH friend there! https://www.facebook.com/events/503467933049050/

And for any of you who might not be able to make the Derby Party, but would like to support our efforts, we're running a fund raising campaign on indiegogo: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gi...s-a-jump-start

As many of you know, CANTER Colorado is a project that is very near and dear to my heart, and I'm just so awed and humbled with how it's grown over the last year. A huge round of applause for our executive director, Jamie Girouard, who has made it her personal project and has driven huge successes, and also to our volunteers who have really aided the growth of the program!

3 members found this post helpful.

Big congratulations! I wish CANTER Colorado had been around when I lived in Denver and was trying to find a young TB off the track. Had to "import" one from West Virginia!

You guys are all doing great work!
    "Dogs give and give and give. Cats are the gift that keeps on grifting." –Bradley Trevor Greive

That is very cool. Keep up the great work.

I just wanted to say if that video is recent, yuck! still snow in Colorado.

It's a balmy 51 degrees here in the southeast today.

I used to live in Denver, worked in Lafayette and always did Friday happy hour outdoors at the Harvest House!
    Only part of me worries...the other part doesn't believe in it.
    Wings of Desire

Congratulations!! Hope it's the first of many great success stories :-) Happy to see CANTER Co growing
    OTTB CONNECT
    FB group for all things related to non racing Thoroughbreds.. Click here to join ~~~> OTTB CONNECT

Congratulations! Basque (Basque Fantasee) and Cash (Arc Tangent) are both
    OTTB's I bought in Colorado when we lived there. Cash was actually a Colorado
    bred, and a one-race wonder who had better things to do than race around a track.

Congrats!! That is great news!!
    "When a horse greets you with a nicker & regards you with a large & liquid eye, the question of where you want to be & what you want to do has been answered." CANTER New England

chestnutmarebeware, that is EXACTLY why I got involved in this program! I have a CANTER horse from New England, and had one from Michigan. Now I also have one from Colorado (occupational hazard, I guess!)

Needs a Nap, that video was Sunday, I think. We've had more snow here in the last two weeks than we had ALL WINTER. We had about 24" down last week, and got another 4" or so overnight here in Fort Collins...I think it's been less farther south. Tough B is up west of Golden, so ... yeah, snow. I am WELL done with it, myself!!

BasqueMom, we met Terry Vondy--Cash's trainer--last year He's still running at Arapahoe!

And thank you all for your congrats! It's been so exciting to be a part of it and see it grow

Congratulations!

As a Colorado native and former owner of a beloved off-the-track horse I'm really happy to hear about CANTER Colorado's success.

Cheers to CANTER Colorado and to Tough Brown!

Just a quick update!

Tough Brown has been evaluated, has started on his trail horse training and is now available!

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ngs&Itemid=397

He is a LOVELY, LOVELY horse and we are thrilled to offer him as our very first CANTER-owned listing

Maybe put him on the "Trail Ride/Endurance" forum! Sounds like he may be awesome for trails! Super handsome dude!