The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Holly Hill Prelim video and helmet cam combo

Just a little brag post on my boy. This was his first prelim and other than being a little green in a couple of spots, he aced the xc course.

I got him less than a year ago, he had raced and then fox hunted, since then he has moved up from novice to prelim and while we still have lots to sort out in the dressage ring, he loves to jump!

My wonderful hubby put this video together. This was my first time back at prelim in a few years, so we went slowly but I could not be happier with how he ran!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY08d...ature=youtu.be

oh very fun! I haven't been there in a few years. It's nice to see the changes they've made to the courses.

Your guy looks way game. Soooo fun.

My only suggestion is to allow for the natural noises of the horse and surroundings--rather than dub it out with music. The music was really distracting.
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Congrats! That was very cool...seeing both perspectives!
    www.debracysporthorses.com
    Home of Sea Accounts xx
    AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
    "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts

What a great ride! I love his spunky little head toss after the finish line. It's like he's saying "More! More!"

I have to agree with Purplnurpl, though, I would rather hear the natural noises than the music (and I ended up watching twice, once for each view, because my brain got dizzy trying to combine them )

Your horse is stunning, btw.
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Go Ginny and Dexter
    No Worries!

Ginny, you guys look great!

What a cool idea!!!! Congratulations!! You make it look like you are a long term partnership.

Wow! Is that cool or what! Great ride, love the added perspective of the video and the music is fantastic.

I really enjoyed watching. It has been many years since I've been to HH, but it's a place I always remember fondly, so I really enjoyed "going back." I think it's funny how the helmet cam video always looks so much faster than the other. Is that just me? The helmet cam is so much more representative of the rider's perspective, and validates the dumbfounded expression so many riders have when they come off course and the trainer says, "Looked a little slow."

I love your horse, he's super. I gasped at the mound, then saw your description of him being green there. I think he was actually a little green before you made the turn to it, when he knew everything there was to know . That could have ended ugly, however. I'd go back and school it (or another) with a ground person. I want to see him around for the long haul!
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

Thanks everyone!
    I do plan on continuing our work on different things (including mounds, etc) so that he learns how to react correctly to things on course.
    I hope to keep him around for a while and (fingers crossed) to go on up the levels with him. He has a GREAT jump and is very brave xc but I also don't want to take that for granted either.

My husband did the video and he thought the music would be a entertaining/dramatic touch, sorry if it was too much for some.
    Poplar Place and Chatt Hills on the next events on our schedule! Hope to see some of you there.

-Cryiz's mom - I have to admit I was impressed with your boy on xc! Congrats to you too!

Very well done I thought for a first prelim! He sure is a game one!

Quote Originally Posted by HarrisonEQ View Post
    Thanks everyone!
    I do plan on continuing our work on different things (including mounds, etc) so that he learns how to react correctly to things on course.
    I hope to keep him around for a while and (fingers crossed) to go on up the levels with him. He has a GREAT jump and is very brave xc but I also don't want to take that for granted either.

My husband did the video and he thought the music would be a entertaining/dramatic touch, sorry if it was too much for some.
    Poplar Place and Chatt Hills on the next events on our schedule! Hope to see some of you there.

-Cryiz's mom - I have to admit I was impressed with your boy on xc! Congrats to you too!
    p.s. Meant to say ... I liked the music!
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

I agree with no music. Very distracting. But good job!!! Very nice!
    Tack Cleaning/All-Things-Tack nut
    ~DQ wanna-be~