The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Very proud of my girl

It is the little things, you know. Small accomplishments that lift the spirits.

Last weekend I took my stage-fright prone mare to a 2 phase and not only did we not get eliminated in stadium, we finished on our dressage score of 29!

This, having not ridden in 3 weeks and coming out of a very long northeast winter with no indoor.

Here she is, over Fence 5, in the itty bitty Sr Elementary division.

The full report with more photos can be found on the blog in my signature line below.
    Last edited by Daatje; Apr. 23, 2013 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Had a % behind the 29 and purplnurpl pointed out that a 29% was a pretty awful score! Lol... :P Fixed it.

Beautiful! Good job - it was freezing. Where did you find the proof? I can't find the show on her website.

1 members found this post helpful.

She's adorable!
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    Beautiful! Good job - it was freezing. Where did you find the proof? I can't find the show on her website.
    Hi Hilary! I was freezing! Pretty nasty today too.....where is this spring of which they speak? Lol.

Jamie sent me the link to her proofs at www.mysticalphotography.instaproofs.com

Let me know if that works for you.

hehehehe. a 29% is pretty shitty and if you score that low you should just stop riding all together--and maybe just call it quits on all sports.

You mean a 29. Which is a 71%.

GREAT JOB!!
    Keep up the awesome work!!
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Congrats!!!!!!!

So proud of you two and happy for you... I remember your thread a few years back about maybe selling her but being attached. When you described her, not only was I not wanting to be in your shoes, I never expected an update like this. Not to say Daatje is not a nice horse, she definitely is, but I wasn't picturing her winning her first fine out and doing so amazing!

You go!!! All your hard work paid off!! Give Daatje extra carrots and yourself a real pat on the back, you have done an excellent job with her!

Quote Originally Posted by purplnurpl View Post
    hehehehe. a 29% is pretty shitty and if you score that low you should just stop riding all together--and maybe just call it quits on all sports.

You mean a 29. Which is a 71%.

GREAT JOB!!
    Keep up the awesome work!!
    Lol, my bad! Coming from the dressage world, it's a habit to put the % behind the score. Didn't even think about what it meant! Fixed it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by magicteetango View Post
    Congrats!!!!!!!

So proud of you two and happy for you... I remember your thread a few years back about maybe selling her but being attached. When you described her, not only was I not wanting to be in your shoes, I never expected an update like this. Not to say Daatje is not a nice horse, she definitely is, but I wasn't picturing her winning her first fine out and doing so amazing!

You go!!! All your hard work paid off!! Give Daatje extra carrots and yourself a real pat on the back, you have done an excellent job with her!
    Thanks Magicteetango! I never thought we'd get around a course either. But I've had a few professionals give me some tips that have really helped. Between that and getting control of my emotions about the whole thing I think Daatje is finally understanding the job. She really does like to jump. Ears are up in every shot!

I'm sure we'll still encounter stops along the way, but last Sunday was very encouraging.

I do love this horse and whatever happens, whatever we do together, we have fun doing it. (even if we make mistakes!)

We're in a much better place as a partnership than we were several years ago. It does my heart good.

I love the pics! And you wear your hunt colors proudly. Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by CANTEREOIN View Post
    I love the pics! And you wear your hunt colors proudly. Good for you!
    Indeed, and thank-you!