The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default ISO Cheap charger for MacBook Pro

Not interested in paying a gazillion dollars from Apple... Any imitations that work well and won't blow up my laptop?

Never had any issues with the $2.00 ones on Ebay.

The brick gets hotter than the "name brand" ones and occasionally it needs some wiggling to get it to stick and charge, but it's worth not paying $50.

Have purchased many for both the white plastic Macbook I've had for five years, and even one for the aluminum Pro that I've only owned for a year. I have cats, dogs, and at one point a rabbit who seem to find the white cords absolutely delicious.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

at work and the barn...middle of nowhere PA

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    Never had any issues with the $2.00 ones on Ebay.

The brick gets hotter than the "name brand" ones and occasionally it needs some wiggling to get it to stick and charge, but it's worth not paying $50.

Have purchased many for both the white plastic Macbook I've had for five years, and even one for the aluminum Pro that I've only owned for a year. I have cats, dogs, and at one point a rabbit who seem to find the white cords absolutely delicious.
    I thought just my cats were weird, they love chewing the white cord, especially in the middle of the night when my iPhone is charging. Thank goodness for the cheap-o replacement ones from 5 Below. I just ordered a cord for my MacBook from eBay, as I fried the first one( it sat in my backpack where my water bottle spilled for a few hours before I figured it out, oops).

I've lost two to cats. I finally bought two from Amazon for about $15 so I don't have to do the $80 one at bestbuy.