The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My old man was perfectly comfortable in his two sheets this afternoon while my filly was hot in one.

We have no rules, my horses are very different, and my BO is a wonderful wonderful person, and if they need to be changed its preferred that I text what I'd like them to wear.

I have an older horse who runs quite cold, it was in the mid 60s here today but very windy and chilly, he had his back on track mesh sheet, with a rain sheet and was very happy. He hates being cold, and will have layers upon layers on in the winter, way more than anyone else in the barn. He has a trace clip.

I have another horse who is in the middle of the blanketing spectrum, he was out today without a sheet and was happy to be muddy and dirty.

It's so dependent on the individual horse, I don't like them sweating under their blankets though.

Depends on my individual horse and it it's wet/windy.

If I was putting heavyweights on everytime it was 30, I'm sure my horses would be living in them for half the year (Wisconsin).

It was around 40 I believe when I left the barn and a little colder most of the day. Filly was in a light sheet, mare was naked. Filly is a wimp and hides in the shed without clothes. Mare really doesn't care until she's wet or if it's too windy.