The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Ok Pedgree experts! Wanna take a look and tell me what we have?

Ok, other than a skinny, bay TB stallion. We know that already.
    We also know he started 36 times and only won $20,000 or so, so he was slow-ish. That's ok in our minds.

You guys were excellent with your help in identifying the boy, now what can you tell me about his bloodlines?

Here is his pedigree

http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pe...se_name=Kessem Gold&dam_name=Gallantress&foaling_year=2005&nickin g_stats_indicator=Y##

This will only be used to tell any potential adopter. Someone in my "identify my horse" thread suggested he could be kept a stallion, but that's likely not going to happen. We aren't set up for a stallion, we don't want to work with one, and a good stallion makes a great gelding. I don't care how cute and friendly he is.

Thanks bunches. Bones McCoy (aka Kessem Gold) says thanks too!

Your guy is quite the product of west coast breeding. I have very little info for you, I know squat about his sire line for about 3 generations.

But I did once have a tough-as-nails horse in my barn by his dam sire, General Meeting. I don't know too many more by that sire, since his get predominately ran on the west coast, but I remember that horse...

Your horse's granddam is also a full sister to G1 winner Magical Allure, and half to a few other minor stakes winners.

I saw your pictures on FB and I have to say, I'm so glad this guy has a home and groceries now!!!!! I hope you find a great forever home for him!
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

He's got the ancestors to make an excellent sport horse of the jumping kind.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire