The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Irreversible
    Baise-Moi
    The Accused
    Thelma and Louise
    Where the Red Fern Grows
    Badlands
    Tree of Life
    Pretty Woman
    Dirty Dancing
    Titanic

I made the giant mistake of watching Marley & Me in the theatre. I thought it would be a nice, sweet movie, but I was sobbing. Like hysterical sobbing. And so was everyone around me. Grown men were crying their eyes out. It just got worse and worse - you think "okay, this is as bad as it's going to get" but you're wrong, then you think "there's no way they're going to show THAT" but then they do. When the lights came on in the theatre everyone's face was soaked and women had black streaks all over their cheeks. I will never, ever watch it again unless I am suicidal and need that one last bit of inspiration.

Marley and Me I tear up.

But truly the one that makes me go into waterworks without saying a word is the beginning of that animated movie Up. I sob every fecking time. Every time.

Those are the two that do it for me.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

I just cant do animal movies. I have not seen Warhorse, Marley and Me, and even though I own Black Beauty, I dont watch it. I cry too much. I am also not a pretty sniffler, I am a body racking sob fest. Movies have been turned off in my presence because of this.

1 members found this post helpful.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Hotel Rwanda & Sarah's Key.....no specific scene for Hotel Rwanda. Sarah's Key the scene where they are in the train station and the guy commits suicide, and the scene where she goes back to find her brother. I don't cry easily in movies, but those two get me every time. Invictus I get emotional during the scene when the team goes and teaches the township kids rugby. I think that is because it is SO realistic - the kids all come out screaming "Chest-a chest-a chest-a" and it sounds so much like "teach-a teach-a teach-a" which is what they all used to do when our van pulled up at school/the nurseries. It also brings back memories of us teaching them rugby - getting them to pass BACKWARDS is so hard! They just don't get the point, lol!
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Wow... I have not seen Marley & Me and may have to remember NOT to unless I'm alone or with a sympathetic friend.

And I confess, the only movie that makes me cry Every.Single.Time is the original Lolita.
    At the end when Humbert finds Lo in the trailer park.
    He cries, I cry.
    Am I alone here?
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

1 members found this post helpful.

Lots of movies make me cry, I am too sensitive. Pretty much any horse or dog movie, for sure-- why are they all sad???

When we moved to VA I found a vintage VCR and tapes, watched some old movies. Some are so sad, but so good. I loved My Girl, but I cried so much. Forest Gump too.

Quote Originally Posted by GrantanaKC View Post
    Marley and me was the first movie that came to mind, I made the colossal mistake of watching it on a PLANE to/from (I don't remember which) France, and I was by myself. Stuck on a plane where you know no one and you are the crazy American crying hysterically.

Also, The Notebook made my sob uncontrollably, though I was thankfully in the privacy of my own home when I watched that.

Basically any movie that involves animals going "the extra mile" for humans:
    Secretariat
    The Black Stallion
    Warhorse
    Wild hearts can't be broken
    The man from snowy river (Especially the 2nd one where the buckskin dies, right through my heart)
    Seabuiscuit
    And, has anyone here seen "Hatchi: a dogs tale"? Only watch if you have lots of tissues around, I actually liked Richard gere in that movie.
    Between my husband and me, I thought we were going to flood the house during Hachi.

I sobbed while watching True Grit (the new one) during the scene where they are galloping for help for the young girl, and the horse starts to get tired and the old man stabs him on the flank to get him going. Then cue the hysterical ugly cry when they shoot the horse when he can't run any further.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Remind me never to watch Marley and Me... LOL
    Tuesdays with Morrie
    The five people you meet on the way to heaven.
    Both very tear worthy.
    Any horse race, makes me cry everytime.
    www.tayvalleyfarm.com
    My other home.

Kiss of the Spider Woman, the diarrhea scene! No kidding.

Places in the Heart at the end, the weird afterlife scene in church

Basically any movie about the redeeming power of love.
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

The Fountain even made my husband cry. I watched it a second time and started to cry just from the opening credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    Between my husband and me, I thought we were going to flood the house during Hachi.
    I cry every Hallmark commercial so I'm easy. Hachi almost killed me!

Old Yeller
    Wild Horse Hank
    Radio
    Johnny

The Green Mile....left me in tears for the rest of the evening!

Most any Disney movie....Dumbo, Bambi...

The Great Escape, when the Nazi's shoot the 52 Allied officers: true event and the end of Braveheart when they torture and disembowel Wallace, Out of Africa, the end of The Great Waldo Pepper and The Last Castle (I can't stand it when they kill Robert Redford's characters).

Nobody's mentioned Love Story... I know that one is a cry fest every time. Save it for when I know I need a good cry.

One that surprised me was Brian's Song... about two football players... wow, my friend and I were flooded with tears. Good movie though.
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

Quote Originally Posted by Blugal View Post
    Nobody's mentioned Love Story... I know that one is a cry fest every time. Save it for when I know I need a good cry.

One that surprised me was Brian's Song... about two football players... wow, my friend and I were flooded with tears. Good movie though.
    Love Story, really? Maybe I've gotten terribly curmudgeonly, but to me it's a 90-minute cheesefest.

first movie that made me cry: The Incredible Journey

a lot of the ones already mentioned

Mr Holland's Opus

lots of horsey stuff, a nice dressage freestyle or a drop dead gorgeous old Morgan can do it.

That stupid Superbowl commercial this year... I was in love with the cute trainer & watched it 100x. kept crying.

Warhorse: I heard the radio play on BBC, when I saw it was a movie & ppl asked me to see it..uh, NO. Why would I want to do that to myself??

War Horse. Took me over 2 years to get up the nerve to watch it, and it didn't disappoint. Way, WAY too freakin' realistic for me, because I've read tons of the reality of horses in those times--and I know what barbed wire REALLY does. Just absolutely excruciatingly sad to watch; and I'm a Cavalry buff!