The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A New Upper Level Prospect?

IN 8 years? We had our filly born yesterday. 1 of 3 we expected this year. I made a video in movie maker...my first...dangerous thing that one...Whatcha all think? Think in 8 years she will make it? Vet said her legs are some of the longest he has seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lna2zX0h6Aw
    May the sun shine on you daily, and your worries be gone with the wind.
    www.mmceventing.com

That's a very flashy filly. You get four white socks and a giant white star, and I get another plain brown filly. Congrats!

As far as making the ULs, I think she has a better shot than most -- she's got the breeding and she's certainly starting out in the right place.

Again, congratulations and have fun with her. She's really pretty.

congrats!

Aw she's cute!!!! Good luck with her!

Holy crap those LEGS!!! Love her. Congrats.

Amy

"I decided I am going to live, or at least try to live, the way I want,
    with dignity, with courage, with humor, with composure."

Congratulations! (Lovely mare by the way..) Those are quite the baby legs!

She looks like my little early baby who came out a little windswept and wobbly but was perfect after a couple of weeks. He was 3 weeks early! Gave me more than my share of gray hairs but is a perfectly correct boy now and scored Premium at his Oldenburg inspection as a weaner.
    Click here before you buy.

Very cute! Just wait until she finishes unfolding....those legs will be even LONGER
    Last edited by bornfreenowexpensive; Apr. 23, 2013 at 07:12 AM.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Thanks Everyone...I LOVE LOVE LOVE her. BFNE, I know right...lol, same thing my vet said. He said when she is done unfolding, and stronger on the tendons, she going to look like a giraffe!
    www.mmceventing.com

She's beautiful! I am anxiously awaiting my first foal. June 10 seems so far away! Congrats!
    Jessica Bortner-Harris
    www.rockystartstables.com
    "Throw your heart over the fence and your horse will follow."

Thanks JER by the way for the compliments...and she is starting to look a bit less gangly even today, but thanks Deltawave. Thank You all of you. I am so excited. Super, you have to let us know what you get. I am expecting one more shortly. I am hoping it is soon! We have been concerned about the filly, , cause she really has the time getting those legs sorted out and standing. But she spent the day outside so far today, and you almost see her getting stronger. She is going to be something...lol. Thanks again guys! Needed to show someone her!
    Last edited by gold2012; Apr. 23, 2013 at 04:56 PM.
    www.mmceventing.com

omg she is precious! Congratulations!

Gee, she really is nothing but legs, isn't she!

I love how mom is making her move, in the outside video. Probably mom knows she needs to move around to figure out how to get those legs coordinated.
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

there is that....and the fact a mare is in the next paddock over. Silly mare won't let the baby along any fence line that borders a field with another horse, If I go in to record anything, she gets between us...yeah, that makes it easy to record...lol. She is an awesome mom, and I think she must know she needs to work, cause she kept pushing her around today too. She is so pretty. I took some pics today, and compared them to yesterday, and sure enough, I think she grew two inches over night...all in the legs...
    www.mmceventing.com

I had one like her last year. They do grow into themselves pretty quickly. Mine is here at 1:27 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SCG8pfNapo

She was a little over a month in this video but had looked like your filly when born. Now at about a yearling...she is still all legs! And still super tall. Was a first foal for her mare. I'm certainly not breeding that mare to anything really tall EVER (she's a solid 16.2 but her filly is clearly going to be at least 17H unless she stops growing soon!!!).

But yours is not red.....Lucky She is very pretty.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

BFNE, WOW, like really WOW. like as in WOWOWOW. that was a big MONTH old baby. I suspect she will look similar...lol. I hope so. No, I don't think I would breed that mare to something that produces tall either...Holy cow. and nice, wow she is nice. I like red head mares. They can be amazing... Thanks for the compliment. She is so pretty, just something special.

I need name suggestions, I have someone saying I have to really think of a nice name for her....fresh out.
    www.mmceventing.com

Not the best name, but the lyrics to the song Copacabana come to mind.. "Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl"...

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by gold2012 View Post
    BFNE, WOW, like really WOW. like as in WOWOWOW. that was a big MONTH old baby. I suspect she will look similar...lol. I hope so. No, I don't think I would breed that mare to something that produces tall either...Holy cow. and nice, wow she is nice. I like red head mares. They can be amazing... Thanks for the compliment. She is so pretty, just something special.

I need name suggestions, I have someone saying I have to really think of a nice name for her....fresh out.

LOL Thanks. Her name is Nova. Her dam is a half sister of Rock on Rose. I really wasn't expecting such a big foal for a first baby....while her dam is an air fern (i.e. fat) she really isn't a huge mare. Oh well! I call her my amazon. She could almost pass for a 2 year old now as a yearling. When she finishes shedding out, I'll get some more pictures. I'm excited about her for the future. Her half brother or sister is due to arrive soon

Biggest issue to me with these big/tall babies is watching out for epiphysitis when they get a little older. I had to battle it with two of mine last year as they just both were so tall and quick growing (my Graf baby (just a few days old in the video) and Nova--both very tall babies). Hopefully your girl doesn't go through it!!!

I'm terrible on names...last year I went with astronomy names. (Nova, Galileo (Leo for sort) and Callisto (Callie) ). This year we seem to be on a beer name kick. But I do actually like Lola

Such a cute baby!! And nice mare!! My sister just bought a Limoncello foal- born just a couple months ago and your baby reminds me of her! I'll see if I can post a video of my sister's filly by Limoncello. He seems to throw nice babies!

1 members found this post helpful.

I am expecting one more Limoncello baby. This one out of a 16.3 TB. A dark bay mare who had a black filly when crossed wih a grey Irish. Since we got the bay, from a chestnut, and mare is deep seal, thinking fair chance of black with Chrome. Oh, happy day!!

JER, I sure hope you are tall!! Thx for tips on things to watch out for.

So for barn name we are calling her Taylor. Due to the concert that night. Someone suggested Swift Arrival, but doesnt seem very elegant....
    www.mmceventing.com