The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

I don't mind looking it up, but what show? When? What venue? What exact division? Because I've read this while thing and see I'm not the only one trying to figure it out. Not everyone lives out there and is familiar with the associations (heck, I don't even remember this hcs...whatever it is association from when I DID live in the PA/MD area!).

I still think outing cheaters like this should be outed. But that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Kenike; Apr. 26, 2013 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Stupid autocorrect
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

1 members found this post helpful.

All the details (show, venue, and classes) are in the cached blog (see page 2) of the thread.
    ~ In the chaos of the showing, remember riding should be fun for all, including our 4-legged kids.

First follow this link - and notice the show venue and the placings shown on the proudly displayed ribbons:

Quote Originally Posted by kalidascope View Post
    Then "Google" this show:
    Quote Originally Posted by sammicat View Post
    This is the HCHSA at Swan Lake Stables on April 20th, right?
    Follow the first result to the show results - and browse the "rider" listings until you find one with three 1st, and three 3rds in low level classes. Then you will find your rider, trainer, horse....

And this trainer does NOT just do little schooling shows – this trainer and barn does the big “A” shows as well.

“Cocktails” – and teaching her student that it is perfectly acceptable to shoot your horse up with some “druggies” if you are not talented enough, and the horse is not trained enough to negotiate a puddle – at a SHOW.

Seriously stands for all that is wrong with this sport – Whoops! Not a sport, no sportsmanship shown here!! The INDUSTRY.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenike View Post
    I don't mind looking it up, but what show? When? What venue? What exact division? Because I've read this while thing and see I'm not the only one trying to figure it out. Not everyone lives out there and is familiar with the associations (heck, I don't even remember this hcs...whatever it is association from when I DID live in the PA/MD area!).

I still think outing cheaters like this should be outed. But that's just my opinion.
    I live in CA, have no idea of the associations etc...and I could figure it out. sammicat just told you how. If you really want to know, you'll go find out. It isn't hard at all...you just need to not sit around and wait for someone to tell you.

also, you might think cheaters should be outed, but it is against the forum rules to post accusations unless there has been solid proof (warrants, USEF protest filed, etc). So while you are entitled to your opinion, it doesn't change anything.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

If you really read this whole post, you would be able to figure it out. I live in CA, have no idea of the associations etc...and I figured it out early on. sammicat just told you how. If you really want to know, you'll go find out. It isn't hard at all...you just need to not sit around and wait for someone to tell you.

also, you might think cheaters should be outed, but it is against the forum rules to post accusations unless there has been solid proof (warrants, USEF protest filed, etc). So while you are entitled to your opinion, it doesn't change anything.

Oh. Wow.
    I googled.. Blogger certainly did put her foot in it and trainer sure has some explaining to do.

I am so happy to be able to look back on my horse show days with fondness.

I'm sure that back in the day people did cheat, but thankfully, the ones I rode with did not, and I was blissfully unaware that anyone did.

Thank you, Sammicat. When I tried the cached query before it didn't work. I blame government computers (which is also why I was unable to look up the results).

Forgive me, but when I'm home I prefer to spend my time with my son instead of searching the Internet. My apologies to RugBug for irritating her and making her think I just want people to hand over things.

Meanwhile, this whole situation is just sad. I hope the girl has learned a valuable lesson about a lot of things. I also hope this trainer (sorry, not shocked) will figure out how to clean up her act.
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

I wanted it just to be handed over ( I'm lazy).
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RugBug View Post
    I live in CA, have no idea of the associations etc...and I could figure it out. sammicat just told you how. If you really want to know, you'll go find out. It isn't hard at all...you just need to not sit around and wait for someone to tell you.

Yes. I don't know any of these people, haven't showed in years and I'm not in the mid-atlantic area. Figured it out in five minutes.

Now, take the Googling a bit further...check out trainer's very close "connections" and figure out why complaining to the show management folks in that area won't help at all.

I am surprised that someone in their 20's is unaware of the "cached" page.

I am older and very tech challenged. (I would not know how to go about finding a cached page unless instructed, but I do know that they exist).
    Is there any way this unfortunate person will be able to succeed in wiping away their incredible lack of judgement?

Quote Originally Posted by Canaqua View Post
    Yes. I don't know any of these people, haven't showed in years and I'm not in the mid-atlantic area. Figured it out in five minutes.

Now, take the Googling a bit further...check out trainer's very close "connections" and figure out why complaining to the show management folks in that area won't help at all.
    Yes , that was one reason for the Wow in my post.. (I don't know them either).

Forgive me, but when I'm home I prefer to spend my time with my son instead of searching the Internet. My apologies to RugBug for irritating her and making her think I just want people to hand over things.
    Seriously? You prefer to spend your time other ways, but you really want to know. I prefer to spend my time other ways as well, but I really wanted to know, so I did the research on my own. Sorry to be all "irritated" and such, but I don't like when people say they really want something but want to take the easy way out. That's sort of the crux of this thread, yes?

2 members found this post helpful.

I was considering looking at previous pages of this blog , however I have no idea how to go about it, and now I don't dare ask for help..

Go to the cached page posted earlier. On whatever link you want to hit (chrono links on the right work), right click on it, copy link, paste it into Google and when you get the hit, look for a little icon on the right (arrow of some kind, depending on your browser) and choose "Cached". It's only annoying the first time, then you have an open tab and an easy routine down .

RugBug, I wasn't being snarky. When I'm at home I prefer to spend my time with my son and husband. I usually forget about things online until I'm in front of a computer again. I'm military. I travel a LOT, especially during wildfire season. When I'm at work I'm on a government computer. Most things are blocked (including some DoD sites...to figure. Those require time with Comm to unblock for temporary access. Stupid, huh?), so I couldn't look there. I did try. But really, no snark was meant, and no "easy way out" was meant.

I also said I'm not shocked by the blog when I saw who it was and her connections. Which makes me even more sad we can't just bust out with a name. There's a lot of folks being jaded by trainers like this. It's truly a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Canaqua View Post
    Go to the cached page posted earlier. On whatever link you want to hit (chrono links on the right work), right click on it, copy link, paste it into Google and when you get the hit, look for a little icon on the right (arrow of some kind, depending on your browser) and choose "Cached". It's only annoying the first time, then you have an open tab and an easy routine down .
    Thank you.

OK I'm confused... According to earlier post, it is against forum rules to "out" the person w/out proof. yet if you go to the dressage part of the forum, there have been endless "outings" of a certain BNT for various and sundry things, based on complaints (but not decisions) filed in court, bad news articles and lots of speculation. Wonder what the difference is?

Outing the person who wrote the blog shouldn't be an issue - the blog is there for all the world to see...........
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

Well, that was unpleasant. I had to stop after reading 3 blog posts.

2tempe, I don't know enough about the rules. Perhaps a good question to ask the Mod..

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    Well, that was unpleasant. I had to stop after reading 3 blog posts.
    LOL. I was going to warn you....

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tempe View Post
    OK I'm confused... According to earlier post, it is against forum rules to "out" the person w/out proof. yet if you go to the dressage part of the forum, there have been endless "outings" of a certain BNT for various and sundry things, based on complaints (but not decisions) filed in court, bad news articles and lots of speculation. Wonder what the difference is?

Outing the person who wrote the blog shouldn't be an issue - the blog is there for all the world to see...........
    Complaints filed in court and news articles are, I believe, considered valid sources for discussion topics. Blogs are not even remotely similar. They are the musings of whomever decides they want to take the time to blog.