The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Spin-off On "How Short Life Is?" Thread

I didn't want to hijack Invested1's thread, about making life worthwhile, about making the most of it, but it got me thinking:

I have been in a totally crap situation for several months now, no job, no car, no friends until a couple of months ago ...

Now I have a good friend. They do not live in this hell-hole where I live; they come and get me and take me away into the real world and we have fun.

Now they are moving away. Nearly an hour away. I am totally devastated. I feel as helpless as I did before I met them. Because not only have I enjoyed being taken away from here to get out and have fun, I have come to care about this friend, not just as a rescuer but as a person.

I'm not even sure the move will be 100% good for them but they have no choice and I realize that they will be OK.

Gonna stop now 'cause I can't see the screen anymore ...

But all these thoughts about making one's life better seem so pointless when circumstances are making it worse and I don't know how to change them.
    Founder of the People Who Prefer COTH Over FB Clique
    People Who Hate to Rush to Kill Wildlife Clique!
    "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique

i'll be your friend.

2 members found this post helpful.

Sending hugs for you. I was where you are now 2 years ago. It bloody sucks and it's so hard to deal with. I don't know if I'm even remotely geographically near you, but I'll be a friend. It does slowly get better, but it sure doesn't feel like it sometimes.

Thank you both! I will take you up on the offers.

Hugs.
    Founder of the People Who Prefer COTH Over FB Clique
    People Who Hate to Rush to Kill Wildlife Clique!
    "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique

1 members found this post helpful.

Shoot me a pm anytime

me too.

and fwiw, back in 07 when my mom died my best friend married and moved 2000 miles away the same month.
    I was so devastated that I rented my house out and moved two hundred miles away for six months.
    I found a new friend while there, and when I came home I found a few new friends, and made a couple of old aquaintences into good friends over time.
    my mom dying and bestie moving actually opened up my world and social network like crazy. I had no idea how small and isolated it had all become.
    I hope you have a similar story in a few years!

Well I am here too. You can PM me I am on the internet often. I am going through some stuff right now, I have my children and they are the best.

Actually, I lost my first trainer yesterday. She suddenly died and I am feeling that life is very short. I thought I would have more time with her, she is gone now at a great point in her life. I have not trained with her since having my children in 1997 but she taught me so much and we always saw each other at shows and horse events. Life is really short.......let people know you care and no one ever suffered from too much love.