The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Farms near Gainesville, FL

I'm looking for suggestions for possible boarding farms in the Gainesville/Ocala area for the summer (most likely June-October). I'm mainly trying to get an idea of what the monthly cost would be for something safe & clean with nice facilities and good turnout would be. It doesn't need to be anything over the top, but nice rings, some jumps and a place to hack would be ideal.

I will likely be living in downtown Gainesville and have other horses in training in the Orange Lake/Reddick area. I'd prefer to stay somewhere convenient to these areas and not be driving in the opposite direction (like to Ocala).

Thanks for any suggestions!

If she doesn't respond here, check with maxxtrot. She is in Williston (between Ocala and Gainesville), offers boarding, is an eventer, and knows the area very well.
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

1 members found this post helpful.

look at Misty Morning Hounds - the Perry Plantation. Beautiful place, 700 acres, jumps, dressage rings, outside course. Home of Misty Morning Hounds!

The two suggestions you have gotten already are great and there are more COTH'ers on the Board who live in and around G'ville, so they will be able to help more, but I wanted to say that Orange Lake/Reddick is towards Ocala, rather than the opposite direction -- in fact, when I go to Ocala I usually get off at the Orange Lake exit and go to several farms from there, rather than from Ocala proper, so that somewhere in Williston, like Maxxtrot will be close to those areas.

Also, pwynnorman is closer to G'ville itself -- out towards Newberry and can probably give you some good advice -- you might want to PM her to see if she has suggestions.

Enjoy your time in the Swamp!

Libby
    *Proud member of the Hoof Fetish Clique*
    I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
    Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap

Thanks everyone! I PM'd maxxtrot and will look into the Misty Morning Hounds.

Bensmom - After I posted that, I realized what I said didn't make much sense, haha. I guess really as long as it is convenient to Orange Lake/Reddick area, it will be fine as I'll already be around there for my other horses. I was just at a show at the Canterbury Equestrian Center in Newberry last weekend and liked the proximity of that to where I would be living in Gainesvile, so I'll take your advice and PM pwynnorman.

Thanks again!

Quote, why not just go board at Canterbury? It's nice, they have the shows. Also, you might try Longwood, it's pretty nice as well. I know he has a lot of open stalls, and would be a great facility to work out of....Wynn may send you our way, but we don't do boarding anymore unless it's for a working student, or in for training...

There are a ton of places.....good luck!
    May the sun shine on you daily, and your worries be gone with the wind.
    www.mmceventing.com

I didn't know you could board at Canterbury! I thought it was only a show facility. I'm not too familiar with the area and the only things I do know have to do with Arabian farms But there are definitely a lot of places, almost too many to pick from! I at least feel better knowing there are a lot of options if my TB is able to make the trip down with me.

Thanks everyone!

The farm that I board at has an opening, pretty small in terms of boarders, but amazing turnout, a great jumping field, and miles of hacking. I'm PM you with more details
    Chrissy

RIP Beaming Sportsfield (1998-2012)

I have a barn in the "Jonesville" area (off of Newberry Road between Gainesville and Newberry) if you want to check it out. Standard board in the area is $400-$500. You can PM me if you want to check it out.
    Visit my website @ http://hihorsefarm.tripod.com (PONIES!)
    and
    http://heidalaycavaliers.tripod.com (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)

thanks guys, I just pm'ed her back.
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"