The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Worst Television Commercials Ever?!

Okay, so between teaching, writing, and horses I don't usually have that much time for television. But broken fingers, stone bruises, and saddle-fitting issues have meant a barn-hiatus for the past two weeks . . . and so I've discovered two commercials that drive me absolutely up the wall. The first is for a dating site called "Christian Mingle." Now, the ad content doesn't bother me all that much, but the song . . . I actually have to scramble for the clicker to mute the thing.

The next is the Tena Twist commercial. It just sounds terribly off-key to me; although (supposedly) it's received votes for best advert previously

Any TV commercials that drive y'all absolutely batty?

Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

Didn't we just go through this on a similar thread? I think we did--a couple days ago. LexinVA has some commercial children ready to be sold to gypsies.
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    Didn't we just go through this on a similar thread? I think we did--a couple days ago. LexinVA has some commercial children ready to be sold to gypsies.
    That's what happens when I'm not on CoTH for several days. I miss the good stuff!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingFoalFarms View Post
    The next is the Tena Twist commercial. It just sounds terribly off-key to me; although (supposedly) it's received votes for best advert previously
    I had the same reaction -- who the hell wrote that "jingle"? It sounds completely wonky to my ear. I think I could've come up with something better than that.

I know it's been mentioned before, but any commercial that encourages me to "enjoy the go." Are freaking kidding me? Gross.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

This again?

Well, I've got a new one to add. The Claritin Commercial with the kids singing.

Actually, anything with kids singing. Make it stop.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

I won't say the "worse", but I absolutely cannot, whatsoever stand even in the slightest the Jewel-esq voice singing at the end of the Cheerios ads "The one and only Cheerios". Shoot me now. Thankfully my wife no longer works for General Mills

It's performed by Bess Rogers who sounds like absolutely every other female 'indie' singer of 2013.

Said it on the other thread, but my new most vilely hated one is for a smartphone with a Facebook front page feature. It features some stupid ditz in an art museum on a tour, who can't stop checking her phone because a dumb photo from someone's wedding/party is more interesting than a painting, her friend taking a picture of herself with her phone is better than a statue, she can't wait twenty minutes to see her textspeaking friends are going for drinks that night, "U in?" Seriously, woman, get a twelve-step program because you're addicted to Facebook.

2 members found this post helpful.