The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Difference between SmartPak tails?

Looking to get my horse a fake tail since we are going to try out the appy circuit - I was looking at the smartpak fake tails and wondering if there is a preference to either one they have available?

They have the Trophy Tails Hunter Extension, but I'm not sure if that's an extension that I need to insert into a tail that's always braided or if it works like a regular extension since they have the Trophy Tails Three in One Tail Extensions, but I'm also weary of that because I don't really know how to put a fake in and not sure if so many options is just going to make it into something that is more noticeable.

Any feedback would be great, or if you could point me into a better direction for a 1/2 lb. tail in that price range, I'd very much appreciate it.

I would take photos and samples of your horses tail because it's harder to match than you think. I was surprised.

I have heard nothing but great results from the Show Pen tails. http://www.theshowpen.com/

They will send you tails to try to make sure you get the right match. They are very reasonably priced too.
    How people treat you is their KARMA.... how you REACT is yours!

I love my show pen tail it's the natural loop.

Sent you a PM.
    Last edited by drawstraws; Apr. 22, 2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Decided to send PM instead.
    It's not about the color of the ribbon but the quality of the ride. Having said that, I'd like the blue one please!