The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Demographics at Horse Shows

Has there ever been a study (by a reputable association/university) with the types of demographics at horse shows, particularly in eventing.
    I am an.. aspiring young rider with goals of competing at the top levels, run a training program of my own. Over the years I have developed a marketing plan so upon obtaining sponsors I know how I can give back to them.
    I am very fortunate to also be an accounting major so am using the services of my college's business department to meet with counselors tomorrow, share my 'pitch,' and have them look over my marketing plan/sponsorship packages, like a paper.

I am trying to organize everything I have, but I would love to find studies if there are any of what 'sort' of people attend equestrian events. I've competed and its almost common knowledge that these sports are one of the most expensive hobbies next to car racing at the top level. Therefore, I feel like I have an advantage when talking to businesses if I can prove ok, your target market was found in 75% of all horse-owners/competitors.

This may be a shot in the dark of whether a university ever took polls at Hampton Classic/Rolex of the average income of spectators.
    Last edited by ccr0009; Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:40 PM.

Well of course any equine-related company is going to have spent hundreds of thousands on market research.

But a university? I don't see why they would/why they care to waste grant funding on something like that. In any case, I can't recall seeing one.

You do have access, through your school, to dozens of great online research resources, don't forget! That's where I would look first, for research studies and the like.

Check with USEA. I expect they have statistics they use when soliciting sponsors.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).