The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Po Won !

Po! won Novice at River Glen. Squeeeee ! it was so much fun. I almost rode dressage in dressage for once. Totally messed up stadium but my leetle 13hh jumping machine jumped clear despite my best attempts to help her. I gave myself a good talking to Saturday night, with help from my coach's mini-her. Coach herself was snowed under, I would never bug her on a Saturday night, but I have a fellow-student who is Fabulous and trained under coach too, who jump-schooled me wednesday, and she kicked my butt for me on the long drive home.

Sunday, I made error after error after error. It was suitably hilarious. I think I left XC warm-up three times for things I'd forgotten. I almost didn't go back the third time for my XC watch. But I did. Fortunately. Then on course, I set it for 5:34 (=optimum time +10 seconds for countdown). As I got to fence 14, it seemed like I was SLOW ! On Po ! OMG, this has never happened before. I am used to having to trot a whole lot because 13hh of awesomeness can be Way Too Much Pony for Novice. Too Slow ! i asked her for a final gallollop to 16, 17 and 18, with which she obliged, offering very little objection.

I realised on crossing the line, that I had once again Gone Too Fast. Egads. What a numpty. Why incur speed penalties and lose our 4th place ribbon, just for misreading my watch. Ho Hum. I let my good Po down again.

((I think you can probably see how badly my poor old brain was fried at this point. It was the Optimum time - and I could not for the life of me figure out which side of it I should be - slower? faster? I had no clue !))

As it turned out, Po was one of very few who did make time : we came in at 5:23 on an optimum of 5:24 - it was 400 (fpm??) not 350. And we smoked it. Everyone ahead of us was slow, so we Won ! By Accident ! Squeee ! I'll take that.

Pics on Facebook, as soon as facebook cooperates

4 members found this post helpful.

YAY Po!

hee hee... That is AWESOME!!!! Congrats

Like!
    The big man -- no longer an only child

His new little brother

Congratulations!

I remember seeing you two go at River Glen a few years ago when I was apprenticing.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Of course you won!

Congrats!

SO FUN!!! Crack me up about the warm up and forgetting things! Congratulations!!

Go Po Go! I bet it was almost as fun to watch as it was to ride!

1 members found this post helpful.

GO PO!

Yay! Kate and Po,

I am so proud of you two!

I am happy to hear that I am not the only person who gets confused by yellow watches. Half the time, I forget to turn it off, until I am almost back to the barn.

Are you going to be up here for Rolex? Mary and I think that we should sit at the Wise Equestrian booth and give prospective buyers our rave reviews of their saddles.

So, when is your move up to Training?
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

Go Po!! Congrats!

Auburn, yes, I will be at Po'lex .... weds setting up booth for Custom, then Fri and Sunday for Custom. Saturday watching XC. I am hoping to go talk to Ronald and Joe at Wise Air at some point too

Ronald saw Po in the trailer at Po'plar and said "Theese Leetle One ... I saw her yesterday, she FABULOUS!"

good job!
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.