The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Boarding Help in Colorado

I don't know if this should be posted here, if not my apologies but at this point I am desperately trying to find somewhere.

Hello everyone, I am getting back into the horse world again after a three-year hiatus due to personal downfalls. I am looking for a decent barn within 30 minutes of Louviers, Colorado. My baby is currently staying with friends, but they are moving and I am in need of a place to move her to. I've google searched, checked out every nook and cranny of craigslist and now I am here hoping that maybe someone can assist me via word of mouth.

I am looking for a stable with a board fee of $500 or less, preferably less. I want a box stall, turn out isn't mandatory since I will be out everyday as is. I am a western rider, specializing in barrels and poles and would like a barn that isn't specifically English, dressage, or hunter/jumper. I am not looking for a trainer, as I do all my own work. Just a nice barn to board at, with friendly people and a clean environment!

Thanks guys
    Last edited by Infinitum-Equus; Apr. 21, 2013 at 08:30 PM.

Use should use the advanced edit feature and put the location in your title.
    Freeing worms from cans everywhere!

It's been a long time since I've been in that area, but the first thing that came to mind is Cottonwood, which has been around forever.

http://www.cottonwoodridingclub.com

It's a large barn with a lot of different disciplines represented, and from what I hear, the care is quite good. Should be 15 minutes or less for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    It's been a long time since I've been in that area, but the first thing that came to mind is Cottonwood, which has been around forever.

http://www.cottonwoodridingclub.com

It's a large barn with a lot of different disciplines represented, and from what I hear, the care is quite good. Should be 15 minutes or less for you.

Yeah, they are not very far from me but they are very busy and I am one of those people that likes a quiet boarding facility. I know that sounds silly! Thank you though

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitum-Equus View Post
    Yeah, they are not very far from me but they are very busy and I am one of those people that likes a quiet boarding facility. I know that sounds silly! Thank you though
    Did you ask them if there is a facility that is quieter that they would recommend?

You're in the "horse mecca" part of the state, with more boarding options and vet options and farrier options that just about anywhere else. Anything on the west side of Parker should be in your desired 30 minute drive. If you're really not finding anything, I'd start asking the places that you DO know about what they would recommend with your desired requirements, or even post a "boarding wanted" ad on craigslist.

Have you checked the bulletin boards at the tack and feed stores in Parker?

You might also send a PM to Rhymeswithfizz, as she's in the Parker area and might have some ideas for you. She's not on the board a whole lot, though.

You might also call up Littleton Large (what is it called now? Ah, Littleton Equine) and ask them if they have any ideas. Harmony might also have some leads.

Simkie, you just posted a lot of what I would have suggested. Don't forget Castle
    Rock area...there used to be a fair amount of facilities there.

Check out the AQHA site....they may have directories of barns. Check with your farrier.