The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Help! Relocated Foxhunter searching for housing in SE PA

Hi all,
    I've recently moved to Southeast Pennsylvania for a job in North Philly, and I'm having a HECK of a time finding housing that balances my need for a reasonable commute with my equally important desire to live somewhere horse/dog friendly with a "country" feel. I grew up on a farm, worked on farms, lived in barn apartments, and a row home without a yard isn't going to cut it (nor is bagging the dog poo).
    Anyone have any brilliant ideas/suggestions/open apartments that clearly aren't on Craigslist?
    I've got as many references as anyone could ever want, I'll be an excellent tenant, I clean and organize compulsively, and all I want to do is have the chance to be close enough to smell horses (and not pick up my dog's poo with baggies).
    I'm gradually becoming familiar with the area, and think Radnor might be the place for me, but I'm open to suggestions (even NJ).
    I'm hoping I can find somewhere fantastic so that I can bring my horse home and return to the hunt field.
    Thanks in advance!

Have you checked out the equine marketer?
    http://www.equinemarketer.com/Equine...s/Real-Estate/

How long a commute are you willing to make? East Amwell NJ has a great hunt. Very horsey country. Commute to center Philly from West Trenton is about 40 min by train.