The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    I've seen that collection of quotes before and not from 5.
    Ah...yes..my favourite stalker makes sure it goes "behind the scenes'..It hasn't been posted on this forum to my knowledge.

Anyway..I truly don't care..As I stated..I have had a wonderful life..I have met wonderful horse people and I guess I have friends in the thousands i.e. 4000 BEST friends on facebook..even the sarcasm dripping in that quote was ignored by your little group.

I asked John Whitaker why he never posts on COTH..look him up..kinda famous in horse jumping...lets just say he was less than kind...He stated that many years ago a group of the ladies decided they would band together and run those horrible men off..so he has laughed at the fact I am still at it...Of course some "men" get a pass from you. I.E. Mike..he onoy presents..never comments and you will have your token male to TROT out every once in a while.

I am actually flattered that someone would think I am so VERY important outside of my own mind, that they would put me in the esteemed groups i.e. Sir Winston Churchhill, Dorothy Parker, Mark Twain..by publishing MY QUOTES

Mistakes and all..I sincerely hope some of you are also honored.

Now back to regular programing.

1 members found this post helpful.

It gets ridiculous - there is no discussion - it's all a bunch of kids screaming "I'm right - no I'M right nuh uh uh huh"
    If you can't get your point across - you immediately bring out the rara card and it goes downhill from there.
    Whatever suits ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Originally Posted by MandyVA
    Jetsmom, you're not the one hijacking the thread, lol. I really wish the mods would start policing the gang of five, since they are making every thread they descend on an uninteresting mud slinging contest.

To be fair, you should have added who those few mud slingers are, but then, that is not about being fair, is it.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    That's because you can't find anything that would justify banning free speech, can you.
    What ever gave you this impression?

I am not one to tell people they need to shut up.

I have rather enjoyed y'alls latest excursions. It really made a lot of things rather clear.

besides, the BB has an excellent ignore function. It helps to filter most of the nonsensical rhetoric and polemic rather nicely.

But I am rather lazy today, so I can restrain myself to analyze jetsmom's propaganda essay she offered as 'honest answer'. My critically trained brain was convulsing with laughter when I skimmed it (never thought I would thank my language teacher for something, but yeah, thanks dude, critical reading 101 FTW!)

but maybe you need to brush up on your personal digs. they are becomeing a bit stale and to obvious to goat somebody into slipping and giving you a valid reason to report them for 'name calling'
    Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?

Whoever said anything in life is fair?? You're always a great one for sticking out tongues and eye-rolling emoticons.
    You can't seem to win an argument on it's merits so you have to resort to bs.
    Fair my aunt Petunia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Originally Posted by MandyVA
    Jetsmom, you're not the one hijacking the thread, lol. I really wish the mods would start policing the gang of five, since they are making every thread they descend on an uninteresting mud slinging contest.

To be fair, you should have added who those few mud slingers are, but then, that is not about being fair, is it.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
    It gets ridiculous - there is no discussion - it's all a bunch of kids screaming "I'm right - no I'M right nuh uh uh huh"
    If you can't get your point across - you immediately bring out the rara card and it goes downhill from there.
    Whatever suits ya.

I think you are missing the boat, while you are handing out candy and pads to your kids:
    Of course there is no discussion.
    It would require to have
    a) respect
    b) a semi open mind to even read the opposing argument
    c) the ability to critically and on the point to respond to arguments
    d) refrain from goating and name calling.

So we are having one side stating that situation X isn't good, but fixable, reasons given and that if situation X would fall away Y would be the consequence and it would not be good.

Which has been proven BTW. It's a fact which can't be refuted, hence the name calling

The other side keeps insisting that Situation X is bad and must be eliminated.
    arguments are mostly emotional.
    The arguments are easily dealt with with facts, which brings group B to the point of abandoning rational discussion.
    Since you brought up 'kids' as analogy, I am taking it up and run with it: If your kids behaved like that, you's spank them and/or put them in time out.

here is a set of rules I am used to debate by:
    http://distanthorizons.proboards.com...y&thread=14891

Needless to say your special friends would not have lasted a single round with that bunch! By the beginning of round two their non-arguments would have been blown out of the water, their temper tantrums met with biting sarcasm and ridicule. From the moderators no less!

There is no discussion to be had when one side stands to far edge of the issue with no intention to even consider anything but their stands.

The people you like to attack though are occupying the middle ground: You are not obligated to frequent or in other ways make use of Situation X.
    They do not impinge on the choices you make regarding of what is yours.

Yes, there is always a thinly veiled personal attack (sometimes hardly covered, after all, there's lawyers in the family!), coupled with a ready ability to cry foul at the slightest reciprocation. it is internet bullying at it's finest, after all, who strikes second usually gets busted.

it seems silly to listen to Fairfax when he suggests some of the COTH members have paid interests in these 'discussions'
    but when you read a canned response like the one from jetsmom....the idea does not seem too farfetched anymore.

maybe we need to do some stalking. When finally the hammer comes down and we won't be able to afford keeping horses anymore, we should visit your friends and express our gratitude to them. After all, they are only out to save the pretty ponies!
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    maybe we need to do some stalking.
    Some of you already are and have been for quite some time.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

2 members found this post helpful.

Which a good portion are seriously lacking. You make my point perfectly.
    The pot calling the kettle...........again.

I think you are missing the boat, while you are handing out candy and pads to your kids:
    Of course there is no discussion.
    It would require to have
    a) respect
    b) a semi open mind to even read the opposing argument
    c) the ability to critically and on the point to respond to arguments
    d) refrain from goating and name calling.

So we are having one side stating that situation X isn't good, but fixable, reasons given and that if situation X would fall away Y would be the consequence and it would not be good.

Which has been proven BTW. It's a fact which can't be refuted, hence the name calling

The other side keeps insisting that Situation X is bad and must be eliminated.
    arguments are mostly emotional.
    The arguments are easily dealt with with facts, which brings group B to the point of abandoning rational discussion.
    Since you brought up 'kids' as analogy, I am taking it up and run with it: If your kids behaved like that, you's spank them and/or put them in time out.

here is a set of rules I am used to debate by:
    http://distanthorizons.proboards.com...y&thread=14891

Needless to say your special friends would not have lasted a single round with that bunch! By the beginning of round two their non-arguments would have been blown out of the water, their temper tantrums met with biting sarcasm and ridicule. From the moderators no less!

There is no discussion to be had when one side stands to far edge of the issue with no intention to even consider anything but their stands.

The people you like to attack though are occupying the middle ground: You are not obligated to frequent or in other ways make use of Situation X.
    They do not impinge on the choices you make regarding of what is yours.

Yes, there is always a thinly veiled personal attack (sometimes hardly covered, after all, there's lawyers in the family!), coupled with a ready ability to cry foul at the slightest reciprocation. it is internet bullying at it's finest, after all, who strikes second usually gets busted.

it seems silly to listen to Fairfax when he suggests some of the COTH members have paid interests in these 'discussions'
    but when you read a canned response like the one from jetsmom....the idea does not seem too farfetched anymore.

maybe we need to do some stalking. When finally the hammer comes down and we won't be able to afford keeping horses anymore, we should visit your friends and express our gratitude to them. After all, they are only out to save the pretty ponies!

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    Some of you already are and have been for quite some time.
    You just wish.

But keep it up, maybe the COTH hounds get mad enough to sniff you out.
    After all, you ARE trying to impede on their rights.

Quote Originally Posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
    Which a good portion are seriously lacking. You make my point perfectly.
    The pot calling the kettle...........again.
    Hm, let me see, what position was it on my list?

Don't matter in any case.
    It's pointless, since everytime somebody points these things out to you the canned response and the hurt feelings are paraded around.
    carry on.

You just wish.
    Sorry, Alagirl, as much as it will pain you to read this, it's the truth.

2 members found this post helpful.

Sorry, Alagirl, as much as it will pain you to read this, it's the truth.
    Poor you.

But I am sure you overestimate the importance you have.

but it certainly proves my points rather nicely.
    if you don't have an argument, act hurt.

Have a couple of aspirin.
    and don't call me in the morning.
    Because, well, I know it hurts your feelings, but you are really not that important.

But to return to the matter at hand....please do make excuses for uninformed people meddling in your personal business.

Oh, the irony: You believe that your personal business is yours and yours alone, while at the same time you advocate for individuals to meddle, record and inform on others, because they engage in activities that hurt your tender sentiments.

Where I come from we call that being a hypocrtite. What do they call it in your universe?

Poor you.
    I never said it was about me.

That's okay, you just go on living in your little bubble with unicorns and butterflies. The uniformed person here is you. However, it doesn't really matter what you think when I (and several others) know there is legal evidence to prove you wrong.

I never said it was about me.

That's okay, you just go on living in your little bubble with unicorns and butterflies. The uniformed person here is you. However, it doesn't really matter what you think when I (and several others) know there is legal evidence to prove you wrong.

keep at it. It is indeed amusing.

not constructive, but funny!

Oh boy.. A whole two days off this thread and I figured it would be dead and buried by now. But Noooo. Don't you guys have work outside to do> Horses to ride, Rolex to watch?? Anything, Take care of your OWN!!! This is just mental masturbation!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    This is just mental masturbation!
    when the other kind does not work, I suppose that's all there is to be had, rather than non.

As the discussion is now focused on each other vs. any aspects related to the main topic, we're closing the thread.

Thanks,
    Mod 1