The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 361 to 376 of 376
  1. #361
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    I've seen that collection of quotes before and not from 5.
    Ah...yes..my favourite stalker makes sure it goes "behind the scenes'..It hasn't been posted on this forum to my knowledge.

    Anyway..I truly don't care..As I stated..I have had a wonderful life..I have met wonderful horse people and I guess I have friends in the thousands i.e. 4000 BEST friends on facebook..even the sarcasm dripping in that quote was ignored by your little group.

    I asked John Whitaker why he never posts on COTH..look him up..kinda famous in horse jumping...lets just say he was less than kind...He stated that many years ago a group of the ladies decided they would band together and run those horrible men off..so he has laughed at the fact I am still at it...Of course some "men" get a pass from you. I.E. Mike..he onoy presents..never comments and you will have your token male to TROT out every once in a while.

    I am actually flattered that someone would think I am so VERY important outside of my own mind, that they would put me in the esteemed groups i.e. Sir Winston Churchhill, Dorothy Parker, Mark Twain..by publishing MY QUOTES

    Mistakes and all..I sincerely hope some of you are also honored.

    Now back to regular programing.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Sep. 11, 2008
    Location
    Snohomish, WA
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    It gets ridiculous - there is no discussion - it's all a bunch of kids screaming "I'm right - no I'M right nuh uh uh huh"
    If you can't get your point across - you immediately bring out the rara card and it goes downhill from there.
    Whatever suits ya.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Originally Posted by MandyVA
    Jetsmom, you're not the one hijacking the thread, lol. I really wish the mods would start policing the gang of five, since they are making every thread they descend on an uninteresting mud slinging contest.





    To be fair, you should have added who those few mud slingers are, but then, that is not about being fair, is it.


    5 members found this post helpful.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    33,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    That's because you can't find anything that would justify banning free speech, can you.
    What ever gave you this impression?

    I am not one to tell people they need to shut up.

    I have rather enjoyed y'alls latest excursions. It really made a lot of things rather clear.

    besides, the BB has an excellent ignore function. It helps to filter most of the nonsensical rhetoric and polemic rather nicely.

    But I am rather lazy today, so I can restrain myself to analyze jetsmom's propaganda essay she offered as 'honest answer'. My critically trained brain was convulsing with laughter when I skimmed it (never thought I would thank my language teacher for something, but yeah, thanks dude, critical reading 101 FTW!)

    but maybe you need to brush up on your personal digs. they are becomeing a bit stale and to obvious to goat somebody into slipping and giving you a valid reason to report them for 'name calling'
    Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?



  4. #364
    Join Date
    Sep. 11, 2008
    Location
    Snohomish, WA
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Whoever said anything in life is fair?? You're always a great one for sticking out tongues and eye-rolling emoticons.
    You can't seem to win an argument on it's merits so you have to resort to bs.
    Fair my aunt Petunia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Originally Posted by MandyVA
    Jetsmom, you're not the one hijacking the thread, lol. I really wish the mods would start policing the gang of five, since they are making every thread they descend on an uninteresting mud slinging contest.





    To be fair, you should have added who those few mud slingers are, but then, that is not about being fair, is it.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    33,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
    It gets ridiculous - there is no discussion - it's all a bunch of kids screaming "I'm right - no I'M right nuh uh uh huh"
    If you can't get your point across - you immediately bring out the rara card and it goes downhill from there.
    Whatever suits ya.

    I think you are missing the boat, while you are handing out candy and pads to your kids:
    Of course there is no discussion.
    It would require to have
    a) respect
    b) a semi open mind to even read the opposing argument
    c) the ability to critically and on the point to respond to arguments
    d) refrain from goating and name calling.

    So we are having one side stating that situation X isn't good, but fixable, reasons given and that if situation X would fall away Y would be the consequence and it would not be good.

    Which has been proven BTW. It's a fact which can't be refuted, hence the name calling

    The other side keeps insisting that Situation X is bad and must be eliminated.
    arguments are mostly emotional.
    The arguments are easily dealt with with facts, which brings group B to the point of abandoning rational discussion.
    Since you brought up 'kids' as analogy, I am taking it up and run with it: If your kids behaved like that, you's spank them and/or put them in time out.


    here is a set of rules I am used to debate by:
    http://distanthorizons.proboards.com...y&thread=14891

    Needless to say your special friends would not have lasted a single round with that bunch! By the beginning of round two their non-arguments would have been blown out of the water, their temper tantrums met with biting sarcasm and ridicule. From the moderators no less!

    There is no discussion to be had when one side stands to far edge of the issue with no intention to even consider anything but their stands.

    The people you like to attack though are occupying the middle ground: You are not obligated to frequent or in other ways make use of Situation X.
    They do not impinge on the choices you make regarding of what is yours.

    Yes, there is always a thinly veiled personal attack (sometimes hardly covered, after all, there's lawyers in the family!), coupled with a ready ability to cry foul at the slightest reciprocation. it is internet bullying at it's finest, after all, who strikes second usually gets busted.

    it seems silly to listen to Fairfax when he suggests some of the COTH members have paid interests in these 'discussions'
    but when you read a canned response like the one from jetsmom....the idea does not seem too farfetched anymore.

    maybe we need to do some stalking. When finally the hammer comes down and we won't be able to afford keeping horses anymore, we should visit your friends and express our gratitude to them. After all, they are only out to save the pretty ponies!
    Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?


    1 members found this post helpful.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2006
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California
    Posts
    4,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    maybe we need to do some stalking.
    Some of you already are and have been for quite some time.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg


    2 members found this post helpful.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Sep. 11, 2008
    Location
    Snohomish, WA
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Which a good portion are seriously lacking. You make my point perfectly.
    The pot calling the kettle...........again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    I think you are missing the boat, while you are handing out candy and pads to your kids:
    Of course there is no discussion.
    It would require to have
    a) respect
    b) a semi open mind to even read the opposing argument
    c) the ability to critically and on the point to respond to arguments
    d) refrain from goating and name calling.

    So we are having one side stating that situation X isn't good, but fixable, reasons given and that if situation X would fall away Y would be the consequence and it would not be good.

    Which has been proven BTW. It's a fact which can't be refuted, hence the name calling

    The other side keeps insisting that Situation X is bad and must be eliminated.
    arguments are mostly emotional.
    The arguments are easily dealt with with facts, which brings group B to the point of abandoning rational discussion.
    Since you brought up 'kids' as analogy, I am taking it up and run with it: If your kids behaved like that, you's spank them and/or put them in time out.


    here is a set of rules I am used to debate by:
    http://distanthorizons.proboards.com...y&thread=14891

    Needless to say your special friends would not have lasted a single round with that bunch! By the beginning of round two their non-arguments would have been blown out of the water, their temper tantrums met with biting sarcasm and ridicule. From the moderators no less!

    There is no discussion to be had when one side stands to far edge of the issue with no intention to even consider anything but their stands.

    The people you like to attack though are occupying the middle ground: You are not obligated to frequent or in other ways make use of Situation X.
    They do not impinge on the choices you make regarding of what is yours.

    Yes, there is always a thinly veiled personal attack (sometimes hardly covered, after all, there's lawyers in the family!), coupled with a ready ability to cry foul at the slightest reciprocation. it is internet bullying at it's finest, after all, who strikes second usually gets busted.

    it seems silly to listen to Fairfax when he suggests some of the COTH members have paid interests in these 'discussions'
    but when you read a canned response like the one from jetsmom....the idea does not seem too farfetched anymore.

    maybe we need to do some stalking. When finally the hammer comes down and we won't be able to afford keeping horses anymore, we should visit your friends and express our gratitude to them. After all, they are only out to save the pretty ponies!


    4 members found this post helpful.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    33,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    Some of you already are and have been for quite some time.
    You just wish.

    But keep it up, maybe the COTH hounds get mad enough to sniff you out.
    After all, you ARE trying to impede on their rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?


    1 members found this post helpful.

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    33,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
    Which a good portion are seriously lacking. You make my point perfectly.
    The pot calling the kettle...........again.
    Hm, let me see, what position was it on my list?

    Don't matter in any case.
    It's pointless, since everytime somebody points these things out to you the canned response and the hurt feelings are paraded around.
    carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?



  10. #370
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2006
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California
    Posts
    4,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    You just wish.
    Sorry, Alagirl, as much as it will pain you to read this, it's the truth.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg


    2 members found this post helpful.

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    33,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    Sorry, Alagirl, as much as it will pain you to read this, it's the truth.
    Poor you.

    But I am sure you overestimate the importance you have.

    but it certainly proves my points rather nicely.
    if you don't have an argument, act hurt.

    Have a couple of aspirin.
    and don't call me in the morning.
    Because, well, I know it hurts your feelings, but you are really not that important.

    But to return to the matter at hand....please do make excuses for uninformed people meddling in your personal business.

    Oh, the irony: You believe that your personal business is yours and yours alone, while at the same time you advocate for individuals to meddle, record and inform on others, because they engage in activities that hurt your tender sentiments.

    Where I come from we call that being a hypocrtite. What do they call it in your universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?


    4 members found this post helpful.

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2006
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California
    Posts
    4,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Poor you.
    I never said it was about me.

    That's okay, you just go on living in your little bubble with unicorns and butterflies. The uniformed person here is you. However, it doesn't really matter what you think when I (and several others) know there is legal evidence to prove you wrong.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg


    1 members found this post helpful.

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    33,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    I never said it was about me.

    That's okay, you just go on living in your little bubble with unicorns and butterflies. The uniformed person here is you. However, it doesn't really matter what you think when I (and several others) know there is legal evidence to prove you wrong.



    keep at it. It is indeed amusing.

    not constructive, but funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?



  14. #374
    Join Date
    Sep. 13, 2000
    Location
    Greenville, MI,
    Posts
    12,083

    Default

    Oh boy.. A whole two days off this thread and I figured it would be dead and buried by now. But Noooo. Don't you guys have work outside to do> Horses to ride, Rolex to watch?? Anything, Take care of your OWN!!! This is just mental masturbation!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    33,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    This is just mental masturbation!
    when the other kind does not work, I suppose that's all there is to be had, rather than non.
    Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?


    1 members found this post helpful.

  16. #376
    Join Date
    Dec. 12, 2007
    Posts
    4,085

    Default

    As the discussion is now focused on each other vs. any aspects related to the main topic, we're closing the thread.

    Thanks,
    Mod 1


    4 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 115
    Last Post: Oct. 26, 2012, 02:56 AM
  2. Allowing partial self-care board at full-care facility
    By Watermark Farm in forum Around The Farm
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Nov. 16, 2011, 07:39 PM
  3. COTH Ten Commandments
    By SmartAlex in forum Off Course
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: Nov. 12, 2011, 02:10 AM
  4. Highveld Horse Care - South Africa, tragic horse stories
    By Old Mac Donald in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr. 14, 2010, 10:06 AM
  5. PETA's Stance on horseback riding?
    By Shodan VIII in forum Off Course
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: Sep. 18, 2006, 03:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •