The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Where are the PETA ten commandments for taking in dogs and cats and finding them good homes?
    1. Drive around the corner and stop the van and hold the dog down while you inject lethal chemicals into its vein and keep holding it down.
    2. Turn your eyes away from their pleading eyes asking the question "why are you doing this."
    3. Dump the dead dog in the garbage can lined with black garbage bags.
    4. Pick up your next victim, assuring the owner that their contribution will provide the dog food and shelter until you find him a home, and repeat steps 1 thru four until your garbage can is full or starting to stink.
    5. Drive into an alley behind stores and find a half-empty dumpster and toss the bag of dogs in it. http://www.petakillsanimals.com/images/petatrial6.png
    6. If out in a residential area where there are no stores, just use an alleyway. Be sure to watch for cops and toss the dead dogs out on the ground.
    7. If you run out of dogs to kill, go to the Animal Shelter and say you are adopting them, then go kill them.
    8. All of the above items were submitted as evidence in a trial in Virginia.

BUT PETA, in response to outcries and billboards that have been erected objecting to their treatment of dogs and cats, have reduced the numbers that they kill. In 2006 they killed 97.4% of all animals they took in, but in 2012 they only killed 89% of all animals they took in.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by up-at-5 View Post
    Indeed.

"The Best Of Fairfax" - A collection of quotes from here on COTH by the expert authority on Everything In The Universe

“Everyone in the world knows I am Leo Maxwell of Coutts Alberta”

“My family donated a great deal of land to the grizzly trail conservatory.”

“Thalidomide was rejected by Canada when the U.S. first introduced it. We discovered it caused deformities in test rats”

“I workied for PETA I was well financed by my sponsors and was able to rise quickly through the ranks.”

“I was also at high level meetings between PETA and HSUS.”

“I have around 4900 close Facebook friends so if you are ever lonely I can send you a bunch..."

“Fort MacLeod is WHERE I WAS EVERY WEDNESDAY FOR TWO YEARS…We made reconmmendations and also provided back up when mistakes were made...”

"I was a student under the mentoring of Dr. Bill Roberts (recently passed away in Mobile Alabama) and he was an authority on psychopathology and disfunction"

“In Canada they are referred to as DEAD bolts as they create DEAD......”

“there were 12 misses and all were done with the second dead bolt. There ARE going to be misses. No different than receiving an IV in a hospital.”

“I interviewed the man (Ted Bundy) on numerous occasions.”

“I just spoke to both sides of the border and they confirmed what I stated is

“I was also at high level meetings between PETA and HSUS.”

“I have around 4900 close Facebook friends so if you are ever lonely I can send you a bunch..."

“Fort MacLeod is WHERE I WAS EVERY WEDNESDAY FOR TWO YEARS…We made reconmmendations and also provided back up when mistakes were made...”

"I was a student under the mentoring of Dr. Bill Roberts (recently passed away in Mobile Alabama) and he was an authority on psychopathology and disfunction"

“In Canada they are referred to as DEAD bolts as they create DEAD......”

“there were 12 misses and all were done with the second dead bolt. There ARE going to be misses. No different than receiving an IV in a hospital.”

“I interviewed the man (Ted Bundy) on numerous occasions.”

“I just spoke to both sides of the border and they confirmed what I stated is totally accurate.”

“I contacted by email CIFA and have not yet received a response.”

“..I just spoke with a person connected with Mexico…”

“Many dislike me as I am the faceless typer and forum advocate.”

“I am very well connected for a reason and you are just not one of them.”

“I spoke with a representative from Harpo Productions, Chicago”

“Spoke with a horse breeder who resides in Mexico, is Mexican and raises Arabians.”

“I did call her. And she reminded me I had spoken with her on a couple of occasions...”

“I just spoke with a Ford Dealership and he told me the only way it will have any impact is if customers who are regular Ford purchasers go to their dealership and tell them they are not going to purchase from them and the reason.”

“And..I have worked on cases as many well know...”

“I realize you have not had international experience however I have been successful at U.S. Nationals in performance classes over the years, I seem to recall I was in the saddle.”

“I worked in juvenile probation and apprehension for many years. I saw DEAD babies, children etc.”

“I spoke with Jim in Portland and he was the personal assistant to Tish Hewitt, heiress to the John Deere fortune…”

“...CIFA would like to know where your source is...”

“I have asked that tapes be presented. My request has always been denied as they are not about to have tapes showing the killing of National Velvet edited and claimed they are from the plant.”

“Several years before I joined the staff of The HSUS, in 1992 or 1993, I appeared at an agricultural forum to address the issue of animal welfare in American agriculture.”

“…however as a Group Two exhibiter and breeder and also a judge I will clearly state you are incorrect.”

“In Calgary, my Afghan kennel was raided by the SPCA.”

“have any of you volunteered at TWH shows?”

“when was the last time you volunteered at an equine rescue?”

“Have you ever volunteered at a show?”

“why don't you do as I, and just volunteer from your own time...”

“I worked as a volunteer for two years.”

“WHY DON'T YOU...go an volunteer at ANY slaughter plant and watch how it is done.”

“However I DID volunteer to be an observer at the slaughter plant. I did see the difference in the way it is done now.”

“In 1968 I attended the Innisfail Horse Auction and I purchased a QH mare for 13 cents per pound.”

“I worked for Burns Foods and on Thursdays they did a horse kill. I worked in the accounting division (payable) and I would have known if there was a great demand for U.S. horses to be imported into Canada as I would have had the invoices.”

“...there are just too many people out there who know me from my show years going back to the age of 8. Showing on a National Level and winning National and reserve championships tends to make one known a bit. Gosh..I was even featured in the world famous Al-Marah Arabians ad when Bazy was trying to get a ride for me from Calgary to Barnesville Maryland to help them with their sale. I was 16 at that time.”

“PETA knows me very well as does HSUS especially in Maryland. Many of the Alf rara's know me by name, phone number and location.”

“Rarely does a month go by that I do not have a threat of some type phoned to me from a blocked number. It is a price I am willing to pay.”

“I receive most of my threats from my Anti Scientology stance as I am a speaking on most radio shows everytime a Tom Cruise, John Travolta Kirstie Allen get themselves in hot water.”

“…I suspect you don't want to disclose much incase one of my HSUS sources can find you in their membership files.”

“My state government contact tells me this is not adding up”

“Can you provide me with the name and credentials of the A/C officer. If the person is that great I would like to enter them into our data base.”

OMG, I'm nominating this post for a "Cothie Award"!

up-at-5, I think I love you.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    OMG, I'm nominating this post for a "Cothie Award"!

up-at-5, I think I love you.
    And to think, we're not even FB friends!!!!!

So Leo, when was it you worked for PETA and HSUS? And why?

Adding: credit goes to the unknown author who created this hilarious collection of quotes!
    Last edited by up-at-5; Apr. 27, 2013 at 07:44 PM.
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell

Oh my goodness!

However you forgot one. "I was a member of Scientology!"

I'm dying...roflmao.

2 members found this post helpful.

I don't appreciate my thread being hijacked.
    VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-F...ref=ts&fref=ts

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by michaleenflynn View Post
    Sit back and have some wine.

While it is not going the direction you put the train on the tracks, it has been most enlightening, and to a lesser extend entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post

While it is not going the direction you put the train on the tracks, it has been most enlightening, and to a lesser extend entertaining.
    Best thread to flush out who the real animal rights extremists are, if you were in doubt before.

You're about four pages too late...
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post

LOL, thanx Ala. That looked more severe in print than I meant it - I was going for more of an eyeroll comment.

What I did notice, though, was that my on-topic responses to some of the bigger ha-ha-PETA-isn't-a-threat posters are going unanswered. Which leads me to wonder if I am making points they cannot rebut, and they are using the avalanche of off-topic posts for cover? hmmmm

Oh well, doesn't matter - it won't be the last PETA thread

Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    You're about four pages too late...
    Then you must not be reading my posts -- they're in there, on topic.

(except one about the etymology of the word "Okie", which I found too interesting to pass up posting )

LOL, thanx Ala. That looked more severe in print than I meant it - I was going for more of an eyeroll comment.

What I did notice, though, was that my on-topic responses to some of the bigger ha-ha-PETA-isn't-a-threat posters are going unanswered. Which leads me to wonder if I am making points they cannot rebut, and are using the avalanche of off-topic posts for cover? hmmmm

Oh well, doesn't matter - it won't be the last PETA thread
    Well, it has been the tried and true method of internet 'debate': when you can't refute the argument, start name calling, correct grammar and spelling and act hurt.

So, yes, I am inclined to believe that there really is no answer or explanation or even excuse for PETA, for what they really do, so blow smoke.....
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

I thought it was appropriate to post the Leo quotes because he claims to have worked for PETA in previous threads. He'd be the one to talk to, he'll have the inside scoop!
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell

Quote Originally Posted by horseofcorff View Post
    BUT PETA, in response to outcries and billboards that have been erected objecting to their treatment of dogs and cats, have reduced the numbers that they kill. In 2006 they killed 97.4% of all animals they took in, but in 2012 they only killed 89% of all animals they took in.
    well, they may have only killed 89%....(gosh, only?!!) but they adopted only 1% out, too...the rest they handed over to kill shelters....refusing to work with no-kill operations....that's one way to cook the books.

And to think, we're not even FB friends!!!!!

So Leo, when was it you worked for PETA and HSUS? And why?

Adding: credit goes to the unknown author who created this hilarious collection of quotes!
    I have no idea why I typed HSUS instead of PETA. Have never worked for HSUS in any capacity at any time. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to correct that.

I have already explained why and for who so I will let you get back to your research.

Thank you for reminding me I purchased Honey Hancock..my Palomino QH mare for 13 cents per pound. She was 8 (or so they claimed)_ when I bought her and if that was the correct age then she lived to be 24..the vet however figured she was about 12-15 year old range from her teeth which gave her a longer life span.

While you are at it..who was the Canadianb gal who phoned the E.U. around October 12-14 and claimed she spoke with the
    "officer" and he told her Slaughter was Done...She was just so proud when she posted here. And so she should have been...except it wasn't so..but her involvement in the Canadian Equine Defence Coalition allowed her to get away with that mistake

And..I think one of the comments was I spoke with her..I am assuming that would be Sue Wallis...interesting as I spoke with her briefly this morning...Her cell is listed on her site incase any of you want to give her a chat call.

Actually that is not much considering I have posted 1500 times and lets look at the length of the posts..but I guess someone needed to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    I have no idea why I typed HSUS instead of PETA. Have never worked for HSUS in any capacity at any time. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to correct that.

I have already explained why and for who so I will let you get back to your research.

Thank you for reminding me I purchased Honey Hancock..my Palomino QH mare for 13 cents per pound. She was 8 (or so they claimed)_ when I bought her and if that was the correct age then she lived to be 24..the vet however figured she was about 12-15 year old range from her teeth which gave her a longer life span.

While you are at it..who was the Canadianb gal who phoned the E.U. around October 12-14 and claimed she spoke with the
    "officer" and he told her Slaughter was Done...She was just so proud when she posted here. And so she should have been...except it wasn't so..but her involvement in the Canadian Equine Defence Coalition allowed her to get away with that mistake

And..I think one of the comments was I spoke with her..I am assuming that would be Sue Wallis...interesting as I spoke with her briefly this morning...Her cell is listed on her site incase any of you want to give her a chat call.
    You tell me who the Canadian was who called, Leo. Tell us all. Quit insinuating that it was me, for cripes sake. Prove it. I double dare you.
    ― Anna Sewell

When you research my 2 year stint with PETA you will find the dates and the group who paid me and why.

Go back to October when I stated Slaughter was NOT banned..and check out YOUR own posts...I remember one poster sarcastically stated Did I speak with the President...meanwhile the Rara group continued to claim only THEY had the truth..funny how they disappeared into their mushroom holes when the Canadian border which was never closed for horses CONTINUED to let them in..and it was finally disclosed it was a vet from France who shut down ONE plant due to a label infraction. It too was reopened ..and the only one that had to re-open.

I have had a wonderful life...gosh...Dr. Bill Roberts giving me an opportunity to go with him when he interviewed Ted Bundy...

Khan-Dene Kennels was the name for the Afghan Hound Kennels. I am on a couple of Facebook groups for Afghan Hounds...even after all of these years. First one acquired was 1968..I doubt if you were even born then...

Mary (Sunridge) will be able to confirm I have around 15 ASB's as it is listed for free in Data .. and I lease a couple.

My accomplishments with Arabians are also documented..although not all of them (the conversion from IAHA to AHA had a few problems)...but I bred horses that produced halter and racing and performance top tens..all there..

I don't have 10 uh...well you know... ten horses with no pedigrees and no use..I didn't bother to ask you about them..but just a little heads up...hoarders start with "saving" a couple and keep on acquiring..

Scientology..yeah..wasn't that a doozie..well..teenager during the 60's. Vancouver was awash with dianetics and the famous reading rooms. Expensive little sidetrack..and yes they are a nasty group. That is why I have compared them to PETA and HSUS...Fanatics.

Many people of my age have actually lead interesting lives. We did go "to Europe" as that was the thing to do. We moved out of home instead of living off our parents as soon as we could. There were jobs and education was affordable.

Horse shows were FUN...Here is ANOTHER quote for you. My first big time show was 1958 the first year the U.S. Nationals was held at Estes Park Colorado...I was 8 years old (actually hadn't turned 8 yet) and I showed in Junior Exhibitor..not an official class)

Life has presented me with opportunities..some I have taken and some I have blown...

I hope you and your group can look back at your life and actually see accomplishments, With the politics now many will miss out on ever going to see the Egyptian Pyramids..so they should go to Mexico City and see the wonderful examples there.

Back onto topic..I believe that is why I have my views on HSUS, PETA, The Liberation etc. I have seen much over my lifetime and I have watched in politics how groups have negotiated and then reneged and turned against their citizens.

Read the volumes of writings on HSUS..and PETA...

I just posted it a few days ago....PETA through Tommy Lee (ex husband of Pamela Andrson) has written to the Premiere of Alberta wanting her to shut down the chuck wagon races at the Calgary Exhibition and Stampede.

Each year, they have had "one more complaint" and the BOD try and appease them. Have all of their suggestions been bad...Of Course not. For anyone who has ever seen chuck wagon races..the stove used to be dumped into a wire container and it could bounce out OR horses from another team could get caught up and break legs.

But each year it is something...from 4 outriders to 2 (?) this makes no true sense..to their suggestion (ignored) that the horses go no faster than a trot). but now..they are "trying" a political route.

And of course all of the PETA groupies will attend the parade in July and protest cruelty for the rodeo stock. Isn't it a shame that they (the Stampede) need so many night security agents to protect the horses, catlle, bulls etc from "accidents" and unsafe "releases"

Scientology will not collapse and neither will HSUS Nor PETA..because there is just too much money involved.

You tell me who the Canadian was who called, Leo. Tell us all. Quit insinuating that it was me, for cripes sake. Prove it. I double dare you.
    Nah..you just go and look it up...I already know your history regarding claims of phone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    We don't "disagree on commercial slaughter", that is what you say now, a cop-out.
    Anyone that has been reading the debates can tell that is not the half of it.
    If it is "commercial slaughter", which you would have first to define, why then work to ban all slaughter?

No, we disagree that "slaughter" in general needs to be banned.

I think we should do whatever we do, INCLUDING slaughter of any kind, in the way laws and regulations ask it be done.

THAT is what I have been saying, that to ban slaughter, as some of you keep insisting because of this and that brought up as abuse and mismanagement by animal rights extremists, to further their agenda, should be handled as that, thru abuse and mismanagement programs, not wholesale bans.
    When some follow the guidance and agenda of animal rights extremist, well, it is no surprise the rest of us think maybe they think like them?
    I have been saying for yrs I have no problem with someone killing adn eating their own horse. I think that the commercial horse slaughter for human consumption system, starting with auction to the actual killing is inhumane, rife with abuse and fraud and support banning commercial horse slaughter. You seem to feel that banning anything animal welfare related (like commercial horse slaughter, horse tripping, dog fighting, bull fighting, etc) makes one a RARA. I disagree.

Then you must not be reading my posts -- they're in there, on topic.

(except one about the etymology of the word "Okie", which I found too interesting to pass up posting )
    Probably because no one on here supports PETA. There have been people wanting to verify stmts about them being on a FBI terrorist list, and stmts about who Richard Berman/activistcash is when someone tries to cite them as a factual source, and people that while they don't support them, feel that they will never succeed in taking away our animals, but nowhere in this entire thread has anyone said they support them. Everyone knows what their goals are. Some of us just don't feel that they are as much of a threat as others do.