The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 376
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    40,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    More than likely they actually HAVE animals to take care of, unlike some others who spend all day and night on COTH spreading their negativity.
    Honestly, that didn't keep them from posting as much as they wanted before.

    I wonder, if some are paid by or just supporters of animal rights extremists, why not say so and stand by their beliefs?

    I would if that is what I believed and try to make a case for what I believe, not obviously do so and then say "but I am not one of "them"!".


    1 members found this post helpful.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Jun. 27, 2005
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    4,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I wonder, if some are paid by or just supporters of animal rights extremists, why not say so and stand by their beliefs?

    I would if that is what I believed and try to make a case for what I believe, not obviously do so and then say "but I am not one of "them"!".
    If they were they most likely would.

    But they aren't.

    So what do you want from them? - admit to something that is not the case just to shut you up?

    ************************
    \"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"


    3 members found this post helpful.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    30,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Neither am I and have said so before, when I though some of that one poster's writing was over the top.

    I don't know what was going on here about who is who or is being talked about, but I thought it was strange to insult someone because they are insulting someone else.

    nah, par for the course, the professionally insulted are hard at work, the PC police....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    40,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    If they were they most likely would.

    But they aren't.

    So what do you want from them? - admit to something that is not the case just to shut you up?
    Looks like "they most likely were not", obviously when caught at it.
    Yeah, just talk like one, but deny being one when that comes up.

    You know why? Because even those realize how absurd it is to bring to a horse forum animal rights extremist propaganda and spend most of their time taking personal potshots to any one that doesn't agree with them.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Sep. 30, 2007
    Posts
    2,715

    Default

    Even though it is a little over the top and attempts to generalize one way of doing things for all horses, I would rather see articles about good animal care that people might review and consider. Any intelligent consumer would be inclined to run advice gained from from the internet or other sources with their local experts (e.g. farrier, vet). There are just too many abused/neglected horses out there which is very very sad. I also think horses like to be feed apples and carrots and get scritches- Peta left that out.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2006
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California
    Posts
    4,274

    Default

    I don’t know whether to be flattered or disgusted by the recent posts and comments about me on this thread. Wait, I’ve thought about it and have decided I am thoroughly disgusted by what I have read.

    First of all, my private life is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and whoever is trying to stalk me on Facebook sure as hell better leave me alone before I resort to legal matters. A bit of advice to you all:

    Don’t mess with someone who has lawyers and a judge in her family.

    Second, sorry to disappoint you, but those of you with the theory I am secretly involved in any way, shape or form with PETA are sadly wrong and you should be embarrassed for yourselves in making statements leading others to believe I am. I find it interesting that just because I asked for evidence of a statement made, I am automatically labeled a PETA supporter.

    Leo, twenty years ago when I was fresh out of college I gave a small donation to PETA. As I learned what they were really about, by doing my own research, not by believing what strangers in a forum post, I turned my back and walked away, I was done. Are you happy now? I have admitted my connection to PETA. You really should be embarrassed about what you have written about me and the lemmings who believed you should be embarrassed as well. I would like to say how I really feel about you, but my parents raised me better.

    I only came on this thread because of how the OP was creating a feeding frenzy by sensationalizing something she found on a website. I stayed on the thread because mistyblue posted something she couldn’t back up with proof, which in my research; I found evidence of being quite untrue. I LEFT this thread when 7arabians came on posting the usual nonsense he/she generally brings to discussions.

    As on other threads, anyone who asks for proof of something stated, finds themselves under attack by the usual suspects. Oddly enough, the proof is never provided. Then we have sanny who stands on the sidelines cheering, without really knowing what she is cheering for, but because others are cheering, she blindly follows along.

    Again, you should all be ashamed of yourselves by the behavior exhibited on this thread.
    As for my silence being an admission of guilt, unlike some of you here, I do have a life outside of COTH and instead of choosing to hide behind my computer screen making false statements and pointing fingers; I chose to participate in my real life which includes working, spending time with my friends as well as my beloved animals. Not that it’s any of your business.

    Laura, Sheilah, luvmytbs and carol_okc, thank you very much for your support. Your character and decorum should be a good example to several people who shall remain un-named. Sheilah, your PM was quite interesting and I appreciate you sharing that important information.

    ~Jennifer

    P.S. On a side note, it’s pretty much impossible to unfriend someone on Facebook who you were never friends with. Just thought some of you may need to know that.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg


    6 members found this post helpful.

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Sep. 21, 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    Next Saturday will be the 139th Kentucky Derby.

    No PETA here this year nor at the 138 Kentucky Derbies before that.

    I am sooooo shaking in my boots.
    There has only been a PETA for what, 25-30 of those 138 years, so that is a nonsensical statement.

    Racing and the KD are big money operations, lots of resources. They are on the PETA radar, but the low-hanging fruit like carriage horses come first. They have stated the way they operate: in increments. Foot-in-the-door, changing the public narrative and poisoning the zeitgeist little by little. Accumulating scalps on the belt.

    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UXwLUoJOU9Y

    http://prime.peta.org/tag/kentucky-derby

    http://www.peta.org/b/thepetafiles/a...y/default.aspx

    http://www.peta.org/b/thepetafiles/a...e/default.aspx

    http://www.peta.org/b/thepetafiles/a...thousands.aspx

    I know nothing I could say right now will convince you, but if you look at history, this is the way people manipulate public opinion.

    No, no PETA won't make a serious attempt this year to close down the KD or not even next year, or maybe not even 5 years from now. But they will get there. There have already been protests:

    http://unusualkentucky.blogspot.com/...-with-256.html

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lk4l1UIjzo

    And when they do, I won't say 'I told you so', but rather will stand next to you and fight them with you.

    BTW and FWIW, when Eight Belles died the carriage industry stood with the racing industry; we sent letters to the editor countering the RARAs screaming to have racing shut down, and this was the blog post I wrote at the time:

    http://thewhiffletreenyc.blogspot.co...-who-knew.html
    VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-F...ref=ts&fref=ts


    2 members found this post helpful.

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    40,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    I don’t know whether to be flattered or disgusted by the recent posts and comments about me on this thread. Wait, I’ve thought about it and have decided I am thoroughly disgusted by what I have read.

    First of all, my private life is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and whoever is trying to stalk me on Facebook sure as hell better leave me alone before I resort to legal matters. A bit of advice to you all:

    Don’t mess with someone who has lawyers and a judge in her family.

    Second, sorry to disappoint you, but those of you with the theory I am secretly involved in any way, shape or form with PETA are sadly wrong and you should be embarrassed for yourselves in making statements leading others to believe I am. I find it interesting that just because I asked for evidence of a statement made, I am automatically labeled a PETA supporter.

    Leo, twenty years ago when I was fresh out of college I gave a small donation to PETA. As I learned what they were really about, by doing my own research, not by believing what strangers in a forum post, I turned my back and walked away, I was done. Are you happy now? I have admitted my connection to PETA. You really should be embarrassed about what you have written about me and the lemmings who believed you should be embarrassed as well. I would like to say how I really feel about you, but my parents raised me better.

    I only came on this thread because of how the OP was creating a feeding frenzy by sensationalizing something she found on a website. I stayed on the thread because mistyblue posted something she couldn’t back up with proof, which in my research; I found evidence of being quite untrue. I LEFT this thread when 7arabians came on posting the usual nonsense he/she generally brings to discussions.

    As on other threads, anyone who asks for proof of something stated, finds themselves under attack by the usual suspects. Oddly enough, the proof is never provided. Then we have sanny who stands on the sidelines cheering, without really knowing what she is cheering for, but because others are cheering, she blindly follows along.

    Again, you should all be ashamed of yourselves by the behavior exhibited on this thread.
    As for my silence being an admission of guilt, unlike some of you here, I do have a life outside of COTH and instead of choosing to hide behind my computer screen making false statements and pointing fingers; I chose to participate in my real life which includes working, spending time with my friends as well as my beloved animals. Not that it’s any of your business.

    Laura, Sheilah, luvmytbs and carol_okc, thank you very much for your support. Your character and decorum should be a good example to several people who shall remain un-named. Sheilah, your PM was quite interesting and I appreciate you sharing that important information.

    ~Jennifer

    P.S. On a side note, it’s pretty much impossible to unfriend someone on Facebook who you were never friends with. Just thought some of you may need to know that.
    If the accusations were true or not, they fit with the internet persona you have created, as a defender of any and all that anyone brings up about animal rights extremist groups.

    You are leading the rest here to believe such accusation by what you post, don't play the martyr now.

    If you really were not the person mentioned as a sycophant of that one animal rights extremist, say that and ask for proof of the one bringing that up.
    The righteous indignation about why the rest may believe such is not becoming from someone that has been posting AS IF it was such a person.

    Remember, if it walks like a duck, if it talks like a duck ...

    If anyone said I was an employee of a slaughter plant, oh, yes, some have said that outright, I would and did laugh it as absurd, because it is.
    I didn't get all indignant and blamed those that may have chimed in believing it, because yes, I have seen slaughter conducted well, thank you and don't agree it is the evil the animal rights extremists want everyone to believe it is.
    That I keep saying that may lead some to believe it, if someone would insist they knew I was working for a slaughter plant, just as how you post will make it easy to believe you are an animal rights extremist follower.

    Threatening posters here with your family of attorneys and a judge?
    I think that is a little bit ridiculous.
    That coming from someone that did have a real stalker, that was spilling into real life and know it is no joke.

    That someone here said that they saw you in an animal rights extremist blog or whatever?
    Far from stalking, I say.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2006
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California
    Posts
    4,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    If the accusations were true or not, they fit with the internet persona you have created, as a defender of any and all that anyone brings up about animal rights extremist groups.

    You are leading the rest here to believe such accusation by what you post, don't play the martyr now.

    If you really were not the person mentioned as a sycophant of that one animal rights extremist, say that and ask for proof of the one bringing that up.
    The righteous indignation about why the rest may believe such is not becoming from someone that has been posting AS IF it was such a person.

    Remember, if it walks like a duck, if it talks like a duck ...

    If anyone said I was an employee of a slaughter plant, oh, yes, some have said that outright, I would and did laugh it as absurd, because it is.
    I didn't get all indignant and blamed those that may have chimed in believing it, because yes, I have seen slaughter conducted well, thank you and don't agree it is the evil the animal rights extremists want everyone to believe it is.
    That I keep saying that may lead some to believe it, if someone would insist they knew I was working for a slaughter plant, just as how you post will make it easy to believe you are an animal rights extremist follower.

    Threatening posters here with your family of attorneys and a judge?
    I think that is a little bit ridiculous.
    That coming from someone that did have a real stalker, that was spilling into real life and know it is no joke.

    That someone here said that they saw you in an animal rights extremist blog or whatever?
    Far from stalking, I say.
    You are unbelievable. That post I wrote was deserving of an apology, but instead, you do what you are best at: attacking.

    Btw, you alluding to the fact I'm a liar doesn't bother me at all. I have no "internet persona". I'm the exact same person on COTH as I am in real life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    That someone here said that they saw you in an animal rights extremist blog or whatever?
    Far from stalking, I say.
    Not only is that stalking, it's posting false information. I didn't realize by mentioning I have easy access to legal assistance that I would be triggering your paranoia.

    What I find fascinating is your obsession with what you want to believe is true of me. I'm no psychologist, but I'm sure there is a medical term for the disorder you have.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg


    4 members found this post helpful.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    30,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    You are unbelievable. That post I wrote was deserving of an apology, but instead, you do what you are best at: attacking.

    Btw, you alluding to the fact I'm a liar doesn't bother me at all. I have no "internet persona". I'm the exact same person on COTH as I am in real life.



    Not only is that stalking, it's posting false information. I didn't realize by mentioning I have easy access to legal assistance that I be triggering your paranoia.

    What I find fascinating is your obsession with what you want to believe is true of me. I'm no psychologist, but I'm sure there is a medical term for the disorder you have.


    the best defense is still a good offense, right!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Apr. 3, 2006
    Location
    Spooner, WI
    Posts
    2,199

    Default

    Bluey step away from the computer. You sincerely need to stop, hence you ruin your usual reputation for practicality.


    7 members found this post helpful.

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,891

    Default

    The Liberal.progressive mantra


    Answer allegations with accusation and then scream violation of rights.

    Anytime ANYONE posts on a public forum they are opening themselves to scrutiny.

    Threats..lawyers..judges..in a family..Oh My...by that insinuation I expect your judge family member would "do you a favor" and NOT abide by the law..

    Nice but I doubt it.

    My name and occupation and location have been spread by your little group with impunity..and yet..if I mention someone by their FIRST name/..they conme out swinging and crying exposure, stalking, violation of rights.

    When you appear to defend or do defend a radical group, like it or not, you will be identified with them.

    Do you think PETA does NOT have individuals on ALL forums? HSUS?

    Analise..a nice person..oh so I think...used to post on behalf of Gentle Giants. She deflected or tried to, all accusations and things did get heated. She stated over and over and over...she did not live in the same state and only had limited working with them...WHOOPS...about 7-8 months later she states she was asked by them to respond on their behalf ...

    There is NO crime in that. When she was up front and honest...then there was dialogue and discussion...we knew where she was coming from.

    You have resorted to NO even reading the links you demand..i.e. wanting a "fresher and newer version" of when the FBI dropped PETA from the terrorist list.

    Right there you demonstrated you either lacked the ability to comprehend the written word OR you didn't bopther to even read it other than the date as it was PROVING YOUR GROUPS POINT...they were taiken off the list.

    That is similar to LauraK..who demands links..doesn't read them...complains about their sources and yet..prints the most absurd pro HSUS and PETA links discovered on google as her rebuttal.

    Your over reaction speaks volumes.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    You are unbelievable. That post I wrote was deserving of an apology, but instead, you do what you are best at: attacking.

    Btw, you alluding to the fact I'm a liar doesn't bother me at all. I have no "internet persona". I'm the exact same person on COTH as I am in real life.



    Not only is that stalking, it's posting false information. I didn't realize by mentioning I have easy access to legal assistance that I would be triggering your paranoia.

    What I find fascinating is your obsession with what you want to believe is true of me. I'm no psychologist, but I'm sure there is a medical term for the disorder you have.
    Oh My yet again

    Deserving an apology..do you truly consider yourselve a victim?

    No psychologist..no journalist..and so on.

    Did you know that stalking is NOT when a person discovers or locates you on a public forum. ???? Yuppers...


    It is stalking IF a person was to track you to all sites known and post about you AND it occurs over a long duration of time.

    Legal assistance..why i8s that always implied by the fringe groups...just an idle threat to try and censor and ban a person.

    That is, after all, what you are trying to accomplish.

    Shut down dialogue..like your supporters are always wanting threads closed or people censored..


    1 members found this post helpful.

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    30,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRider View Post
    Shameful. Shameful.
    Sheilah
    Schrecklich, schrecklich, schrecklich.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.



  15. #315
    Join Date
    Dec. 31, 2000
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    12,271

    Default

    [QUOTE=Bluey;6960771
    If you really were not the person mentioned as a sycophant of that one animal rights extremist, say that and ask for proof of the one bringing that up.
    The righteous indignation about why the rest may believe such is not becoming from someone that has been posting AS IF it was such a person.

    Remember, if it walks like a duck, if it talks like a duck ...

    :[/QUOTE]

    Bluey we have been telling you for YEARS that we have no association with RARA's and that we don't support PETA. Yet you and others insist we are and keep on with the name calling. Yet you and others continue with the name calling simply because we disagree on commercial horse slaughter.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  16. #316
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2006
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California
    Posts
    4,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Oh My yet again

    Deserving an apology..do you truly consider yourselve a victim?

    No psychologist..no journalist..and so on.

    Did you know that stalking is NOT when a person discovers or locates you on a public forum. ???? Yuppers...


    It is stalking IF a person was to track you to all sites known and post about you AND it occurs over a long duration of time.

    Legal assistance..why i8s that always implied by the fringe groups...just an idle threat to try and censor and ban a person.

    That is, after all, what you are trying to accomplish.

    Shut down dialogue..like your supporters are always wanting threads closed or people censored..
    Funny how you know so much about the law around internet stalking, Leo. Would you care to explain why?

    I don't know why I expected better of you. What a wasted thought process on my part.

    P.S. Apparently you have forgotten that you yourself posted information about your location, horse and dog business. Go cry on someone else's shoulder.
    Last edited by jenm; Apr. 27, 2013 at 03:07 PM.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg


    3 members found this post helpful.

  17. #317
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    40,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    Bluey we have been telling you for YEARS that we have no association with RARA's and that we don't support PETA. Yet you and others insist we are and keep on with the name calling. Yet you and others continue with the name calling simply because we disagree on commercial horse slaughter.

    We don't "disagree on commercial slaughter", that is what you say now, a cop-out.
    Anyone that has been reading the debates can tell that is not the half of it.
    If it is "commercial slaughter", which you would have first to define, why then work to ban all slaughter?

    No, we disagree that "slaughter" in general needs to be banned.

    I think we should do whatever we do, INCLUDING slaughter of any kind, in the way laws and regulations ask it be done.

    THAT is what I have been saying, that to ban slaughter, as some of you keep insisting because of this and that brought up as abuse and mismanagement by animal rights extremists, to further their agenda, should be handled as that, thru abuse and mismanagement programs, not wholesale bans.
    When some follow the guidance and agenda of animal rights extremist, well, it is no surprise the rest of us think maybe they think like them?


    4 members found this post helpful.

  18. #318
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    Funny how you know so much about the law around internet stalking, Leo. Would you care to explain why?

    I don't know why I expected better of you. What a wasted thought process on my part.

    P.S. Apparently you have forgotten that you yourself posted information about your location, horse and dog business. Go cry on someone else's shoulder.
    Of course I understand the American Law on stalking. On "A White Horse Forum" or on "A Black Horse Forum" there was always someone threatening another over stalking...slander...and even lawyers (we knew their identity because they did not hide it) would weigh in and explain the law.

    But for you to imply that having a judge in your family would somehow make your comments more important and your not so subtle threat, serious clearly shows you have little to no knowledge about how the law works.

    Who cares if you have lawyers in your family...just out of curiosity..is your family HSUS..with their 52 lawyers..or is this "another" family.

    I posted information (not the kennel as that IS advertising on this forum) and I was happy to do so. Many of your group would continue to ask me to identify myself. Then Sheilah took it upon herself to make reference to my kennel..anbd I thanked her very much for the plug..
    Last edited by Fairfax; Apr. 27, 2013 at 08:35 PM.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  19. #319
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2006
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California
    Posts
    4,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Of course I understand the American Law on stalking. On "A White Horse Forum" or on "A Balc Horse Forum" there was always someone threatening another over stalking...slander...and even lawyers (we knew their identity because they did not hide it) would weigh in and explain the law.

    But for you to imply that having a judge in your family would somehow make your comments more important and your not so subtle threat, serious clearly shows you have little to no knowledge about how the law works.

    Who cares if you have lawyers in your family...just out of curiosity..is your family HSUS..with their 52 lawyers..or is this "another" family.

    I posted information (not the kennel as that IS advertising on this forum) and I was happy to do so. Many of your group would continue to ask me to identify myself. Then Sheilah took it upon herself to make reference to my kennel..anbd I thanked her very much for the plug..
    And you wonder why threads get locked...
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg


    4 members found this post helpful.

  20. #320
    Join Date
    Jan. 29, 2008
    Location
    Ottawa,Ontario
    Posts
    1,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post

    Anytime ANYONE posts on a public forum they are opening themselves to scrutiny.


    My name and occupation and location have been spread by your little group with impunity..and yet..if I mention someone by their FIRST name/..they conme out swinging and crying exposure, stalking, violation of rights.
    Indeed.

    "The Best Of Fairfax" - A collection of quotes from here on COTH by the expert authority on Everything In The Universe

    “Everyone in the world knows I am Leo Maxwell of Coutts Alberta”

    “My family donated a great deal of land to the grizzly trail conservatory.”

    “Thalidomide was rejected by Canada when the U.S. first introduced it. We discovered it caused deformities in test rats”

    “I workied for PETA I was well financed by my sponsors and was able to rise quickly through the ranks.”

    “I was also at high level meetings between PETA and HSUS.”

    “I have around 4900 close Facebook friends so if you are ever lonely I can send you a bunch..."

    “Fort MacLeod is WHERE I WAS EVERY WEDNESDAY FOR TWO YEARS…We made reconmmendations and also provided back up when mistakes were made...”

    "I was a student under the mentoring of Dr. Bill Roberts (recently passed away in Mobile Alabama) and he was an authority on psychopathology and disfunction"

    “In Canada they are referred to as DEAD bolts as they create DEAD......”

    “there were 12 misses and all were done with the second dead bolt. There ARE going to be misses. No different than receiving an IV in a hospital.”

    “I interviewed the man (Ted Bundy) on numerous occasions.”

    “I just spoke to both sides of the border and they confirmed what I stated is



    “I was also at high level meetings between PETA and HSUS.”

    “I have around 4900 close Facebook friends so if you are ever lonely I can send you a bunch..."

    “Fort MacLeod is WHERE I WAS EVERY WEDNESDAY FOR TWO YEARS…We made reconmmendations and also provided back up when mistakes were made...”

    "I was a student under the mentoring of Dr. Bill Roberts (recently passed away in Mobile Alabama) and he was an authority on psychopathology and disfunction"

    “In Canada they are referred to as DEAD bolts as they create DEAD......”

    “there were 12 misses and all were done with the second dead bolt. There ARE going to be misses. No different than receiving an IV in a hospital.”

    “I interviewed the man (Ted Bundy) on numerous occasions.”

    “I just spoke to both sides of the border and they confirmed what I stated is totally accurate.”

    “I contacted by email CIFA and have not yet received a response.”

    “..I just spoke with a person connected with Mexico…”

    “Many dislike me as I am the faceless typer and forum advocate.”

    “I am very well connected for a reason and you are just not one of them.”

    “I spoke with a representative from Harpo Productions, Chicago”

    “Spoke with a horse breeder who resides in Mexico, is Mexican and raises Arabians.”


    “I did call her. And she reminded me I had spoken with her on a couple of occasions...”

    “I just spoke with a Ford Dealership and he told me the only way it will have any impact is if customers who are regular Ford purchasers go to their dealership and tell them they are not going to purchase from them and the reason.”

    “And..I have worked on cases as many well know...”

    “I realize you have not had international experience however I have been successful at U.S. Nationals in performance classes over the years, I seem to recall I was in the saddle.”

    “I worked in juvenile probation and apprehension for many years. I saw DEAD babies, children etc.”

    “I spoke with Jim in Portland and he was the personal assistant to Tish Hewitt, heiress to the John Deere fortune…”

    “...CIFA would like to know where your source is...”

    “I have asked that tapes be presented. My request has always been denied as they are not about to have tapes showing the killing of National Velvet edited and claimed they are from the plant.”

    "Several years before I joined the staff of The HSUS, in 1992 or 1993, I appeared at an agricultural forum to address the issue of animal welfare in American agriculture.”

    “…however as a Group Two exhibiter and breeder and also a judge I will clearly state you are incorrect.”

    “In Calgary, my Afghan kennel was raided by the SPCA.”

    “have any of you volunteered at TWH shows?”

    “when was the last time you volunteered at an equine rescue?”

    “Have you ever volunteered at a show?”

    “why don't you do as I, and just volunteer from your own time...”

    “I worked as a volunteer for two years.”

    “WHY DON'T YOU...go an volunteer at ANY slaughter plant and watch how it is done.”

    “However I DID volunteer to be an observer at the slaughter plant. I did see the difference in the way it is done now.”

    “Everyone in the world knows I am Leo Maxwell of Coutts Alberta”

    “In 1968 I attended the Innisfail Horse Auction and I purchased a QH mare for 13 cents per pound.”

    “I worked for Burns Foods and on Thursdays they did a horse kill. I worked in the accounting division (payable) and I would have known if there was a great demand for U.S. horses to be imported into Canada as I would have had the invoices.”

    “...there are just too many people out there who know me from my show years going back to the age of 8. Showing on a National Level and winning National and reserve championships tends to make one known a bit. Gosh..I was even featured in the world famous Al-Marah Arabians ad when Bazy was trying to get a ride for me from Calgary to Barnesville Maryland to help them with their sale. I was 16 at that time.”

    “PETA knows me very well as does HSUS especially in Maryland. Many of the Alf rara's know me by name, phone number and location.”

    “Rarely does a month go by that I do not have a threat of some type phoned to me from a blocked number. It is a price I am willing to pay.”

    “I receive most of my threats from my Anti Scientology stance as I am a speaking on most radio shows everytime a Tom Cruise, John Travolta Kirstie Allen get themselves in hot water.”

    “…I suspect you don't want to disclose much incase one of my HSUS sources can find you in their membership files.”

    “My state government contact tells me this is not adding up”

    “Can you provide me with the name and credentials of the A/C officer. If the person is that great I would like to enter them into our data base.”

    “Everyone in the world knows I am Leo Maxwell of Coutts Alberta”
    Last edited by up-at-5; Apr. 27, 2013 at 07:11 PM. Reason: bolding my favourites
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell


    4 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 115
    Last Post: Oct. 26, 2012, 01:56 AM
  2. Allowing partial self-care board at full-care facility
    By Watermark Farm in forum Around The Farm
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Nov. 16, 2011, 06:39 PM
  3. COTH Ten Commandments
    By SmartAlex in forum Off Course
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: Nov. 12, 2011, 01:10 AM
  4. Highveld Horse Care - South Africa, tragic horse stories
    By Old Mac Donald in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr. 14, 2010, 09:06 AM
  5. PETA's Stance on horseback riding?
    By Shodan VIII in forum Off Course
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: Sep. 18, 2006, 02:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness